| || +* Testing the watersDumas Walker
| || `- Testing the watersArelor
| |+* Testing the watersDumas Walker
| ||`- Testing the watersMRO
| |+* Testing the watersSpaul
| ||+- Testing the watersNightfox
| ||+- Testing the watersMRO
| ||`* Re: Testing the watersBoraxman
| || `* Re: Testing the watersMRO
| ||  `- Re: Testing the watersBoraxman
| |`* Testing the watersHusTler
| | +* Testing the watersMRO
| | |`* FSXNetNightfox
| | | +- FSXNetMRO
| | | `* FSXNetHusTler
| | |  +* Re: FSXNetBoraxman
| | |  |`- Re: FSXNetMRO
| | |  +- FSXNetMRO
| | |  `- Re: FSXNetGamgee
| | +* Testing the watersDumas Walker
| | |`- Testing the watersMRO
| | `- Re: Testing the watersGamgee
| `* Testing the watersDumas Walker
|  `- Testing the watersMRO
`* Re: Testing the watersBoraxman
 `* Re: Testing the watersMRO
  `- Re: Testing the watersBoraxman

Pages:123
Testing the waters

<63878F7D.31.dove-debate@192.168.0.162>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=581&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#581

From: spaul@VERT/GYPSY (Spaul)
To: All
Subject: Testing the waters
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 05:14:37 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Spaul - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 09:14 UTC

I'm not sure what the rules are here on DOVE.net concerning the whole pandemic. If this type of discussion is taboo or even wanted in this community, let me know and I won't "go there".

On the other hand BBS GypsyRyder telnet: gypsy.8bit.ca is where anyone intereted in this topic can join the discussion. There is a ton of info links, videos and documentaries on this and other topics the MSM won't cover.

What are your two cents? I won't be offended.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Gypsy Ryder BBS

Testing the waters

<6387D133.4164.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=582&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#582

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Spaul
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 08:54:59 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 14:54 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Spaul to All on Wed Nov 30 2022 12:14 pm

> I'm not sure what the rules are here on DOVE.net concerning the whole
> pandemic. If this type of discussion is taboo or even wanted in this
> community, let me know and I won't "go there".
>
> On the other hand BBS GypsyRyder telnet: gypsy.8bit.ca is where anyone
> intereted in this topic can join the discussion. There is a ton of info
> links, videos and documentaries on this and other topics the MSM won't
> cover.
>
> What are your two cents? I won't be offended.

we are pretty laid back here.

just like in real life, people here picked sides with the flatten the curve and mask shit.

i'm not sure if there's anybody left here who thinks the covid vaccine did anything good.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<6387E80F.7457.dove-debate@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=583&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#583

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Spaul
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:32:31 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Arelor - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:32 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Spaul to All on Wed Nov 30 2022 12:14 pm

> I'm not sure what the rules are here on DOVE.net concerning the whole pandemic. If this type of
>
> On the other hand BBS GypsyRyder telnet: gypsy.8bit.ca is where anyone intereted in this topic c
>
> What are your two cents? I won't be offended.
>
> ---
> ■ Synchronet ■ Gypsy Ryder BBS

This is not FSXNet. You are allowed to have impopular opinions. IMO the real appeal of secluded
places such as this one is being able to have opinions that would get you banned elsewhere.

The aftermath of the pandemic is much worse here than the pandemic itself (including the mass
hysteria) was. Maybe it is just a Spanish thing.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Testing the waters

<6387E8C1.7458.dove-debate@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=584&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#584

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:35:29 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Arelor - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:35 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: MRO to Spaul on Wed Nov 30 2022 03:54 pm

> just like in real life, people here picked sides with the flatten the curve and mask shit.
>
> i'm not sure if there's anybody left here who thinks the covid vaccine did anything good.

I would not go as far as to say the vaccines did nothing good, but they were certainly oversold to
the public as a magic solution when it wasn't.

If anything I am pissed because people took the vaccines and stopped being careful because they had
taken the vaccines and thought themselves immortal.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Testing the waters

<63884108.4167.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=585&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#585

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Arelor
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:52:08 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:52 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Arelor to Spaul on Wed Nov 30 2022 05:32 pm

> This is not FSXNet. You are allowed to have impopular opinions. IMO the real
> appeal of secluded places such as this one is being able to have opinions
> that would get you banned elsewhere.
>
> The aftermath of the pandemic is much worse here than the pandemic itself
> (including the mass hysteria) was. Maybe it is just a Spanish thing.

i certainly experienced some crazy times. like i was anti mask but i still wore one at work because it was a strict rule.

A boss came by and asked me who wasn't wearing masks and i said well, just look for yourself. this guy, that guy.this guy, that guy.

Then i think the boss used me as a scapegoat to get these people in trouble, and these people were pissed at me.

whatever, i'm not there to make friends. and with my job jumping i might not even be there! i need to stop that though. i made good money but it's time to settle down again.

anyways, this plandemic just shows how stupid people are. like really really really stupid. it's hard to believe some of these people have actual formed brains in their heads instead of 2 brain cells knocking together.

the fucking toiletpaper and egg thing was nuts. fucking homedepot and walmart loading up to 300% capacity all day long.

this shit was good for business. now it's slid back down and amazon is having slow times in comparison. even last christmas was slower than they thought.
places are laying off office people everywhere. get ready for a recession.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<6388419B.4168.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=586&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#586

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Arelor
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:54:35 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:54 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Arelor to MRO on Wed Nov 30 2022 05:35 pm

> Re: Testing the waters
> By: MRO to Spaul on Wed Nov 30 2022 03:54 pm
>
> > just like in real life, people here picked sides with the flatten the
> > curve and mask shit.
>
> > i'm not sure if there's anybody left here who thinks the covid vaccine
> > did anything good.
>
> I would not go as far as to say the vaccines did nothing good, but they were
> certainly oversold to the public as a magic solution when it wasn't.

well, what good did they do? you still got sick. you still could spread it.
they have no proof that you wouldn't get 'as sick'. most people that got covid had little or no symptoms. now vaccinated people are dropping dead. it takes years to create a vaccine and put it through trials. even fauchi said this.

the thing is, the public NEEDED a magic placebo to take the edge off. the problem was people started going to super spreader events and that's how we got delta and omnicron spread out.

> If anything I am pissed because people took the vaccines and stopped being
> careful because they had taken the vaccines and thought themselves immortal.

they went from not seeing the elderly to seeing them and killing them with covid.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<6388427C.4169.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=587&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#587

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Arelor
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:58:20 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:58 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: MRO to Arelor on Wed Nov 30 2022 11:52 pm

> Re: Testing the waters
> By: Arelor to Spaul on Wed Nov 30 2022 05:32 pm
>

> > This is not FSXNet. You are allowed to have impopular opinions. IMO the
> > real appeal of secluded places such as this one is being able to have
> > opinions that would get you banned elsewhere.

yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only posted like 3 times maybe when i was on lux's bbs. I didn't say anything bad. i think
little nick was just lying.

anyways, it's good to have some moderation if stuff gets out of control. but also more seasoned bbs people know that things level out again over time.

only people that did actual attacks on dovenet have been banned.
and sometimes not even that.

there is actually some guy who is still around who would pretend to be me and other people and post dumb shit. i think his bbs is isisunveiled. I used to just bust him back when you could see all the person's info with finger.
even he got bored and stopped.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<63891DFD.7462.dove-debate@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=588&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#588

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 08:34:53 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Arelor - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 14:34 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: MRO to Arelor on Wed Nov 30 2022 11:58 pm

> yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
> my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only posted l
> little nick was just lying.

I am not talking about drama as much as about the fact rules are flexible in a
bad way.

That network as a rule against discussing politics and other controversial
topics. I think that makes it hard to sustain worthwhile conversations, but
wanting a network for discussing trivialities is a conscious choice, so if they
want it that way, more power to them. The core issue is that there is a
tendency to apply double standards: if you talk against the party line you are
talking politics (and therefore breaking the rules), but if you talk for the
party line it isn't politics (unless it is so obvious it is not concelable).

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Testing the waters

<63891B15.25632.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=589&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#589

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: ARELOR
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 08:44:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:44 UTC

> I would not go as far as to say the vaccines did nothing good, but they were

> tainly oversold to
> the public as a magic solution when it wasn't.

This.

> If anything I am pissed because people took the vaccines and stopped being
ar
> ul because they had
> taken the vaccines and thought themselves immortal.

And especially this. The current US administration, and the press, started
calling COVID a pandemic of the unvaccinated but I know many (supposedly)
vaccinated people who quit being careful and very shortly got sick.

I am vacinnated and have continued to be as careful as my employer will
allow and, knock on wood, I still have yet to get sick.

* SLMR 2.1a * Perhaps this situation requires a more Klingon response.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Testing the waters

<63891B15.25633.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=590&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#590

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 08:46:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:46 UTC

> homedepot and walmart loading up to 300% capacity all day long.

While the smaller stores were forced to stay closed to prevent the spread
and ultimately went out of business.

That is a part of the policy in many states that should have gotten some
people in big trouble... but mostly has not.

* SLMR 2.1a * I forget the dream, but I'm missing a pajama button...

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Testing the waters

<63891B15.25634.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=591&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#591

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 08:49:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:49 UTC

> > > This is not FSXNet. You are allowed to have impopular opinions. IMO the
> > > real appeal of secluded places such as this one is being able to have
> > > opinions that would get you banned elsewhere.

> yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
> my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only posted
ik
> 3 times maybe when i was on lux's bbs. I didn't say anything bad. i think
> little nick was just lying.

Considering it is an ftn network (mostly), that would be difficult to do or
enforce. I am a sysop there and I was never told that MRO cannot post in
FSX from my BBS.

* SLMR 2.1a * This message written with recycled electrons.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Testing the waters

<638916E6.38.dove-debate@192.168.0.162>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=592&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#592

From: spaul@VERT/GYPSY (Spaul)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:04:38 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Spaul - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:04 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: MRO to Arelor on Wed Nov 30 2022 11:58 pm

Thanks for the reply. It is refreshing to know that this is an open minded board. I know that everyone is sick to death of this topic but I just wanted to see if I might some grief about even bringing it up.

You are correct about FSXNET. That was the BBS I originally set up only to find the sysop shutting down anything releated to other opinions about the pandemic. I guess he had his reasons.

To be honest, synchronet was 10 times easier to set up. Once I sorted out the port issues I was getting, I was up and running in no time.

Looking forward to participating on the board. I have many other interests so I might be hitting people up on more techy questions. Cheers!

---
■ Synchronet ■ Gypsy Ryder BBS

Testing the waters

<6389938D.28529.dove_dove-deb@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=593&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#593

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Spaul
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 14:56:29 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Nightfox - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 22:56 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Spaul to MRO on Thu Dec 01 2022 04:04 pm

Sp> Thanks for the reply. It is refreshing to know that this is an open minded
Sp> board.

Dove-Net is a networked message group. The board you're using isn't the only board that has Dove-Net.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Testing the waters

<638998B0.4176.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=594&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#594

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Arelor
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:18:24 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:18 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Arelor to MRO on Thu Dec 01 2022 03:34 pm

> Re: Testing the waters
> By: MRO to Arelor on Wed Nov 30 2022 11:58 pm
>
> > yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
> > my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only
> > posted l little nick was just lying.
>
> I am not talking about drama as much as about the fact rules are flexible in
> a bad way.
>
> That network as a rule against discussing politics and other controversial
> topics. I think that makes it hard to sustain worthwhile conversations, but
> wanting a network for discussing trivialities is a conscious choice, so if

I went on there the other day to check it out.
the moron said "I don't want to talk about anything political, but why is his happening" or something like that.

then he posted about something entirely political. I don't think he was trying to subvert the rules; i think he was literally a moron.

> tendency to apply double standards: if you talk against the party line you
> are talking politics (and therefore breaking the rules), but if you talk for
> the party line it isn't politics (unless it is so obvious it is not
> concelable).

so do they lean towards socialist shit? the guy running it is in NZ, right?

fx net just seems like an echo chamber for beta males.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<63899A12.4177.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=595&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#595

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:24:18 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:24 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Dumas Walker to ARELOR on Thu Dec 01 2022 03:44 pm

> > I would not go as far as to say the vaccines did nothing good, but they
> > were
>
> > tainly oversold to
> > the public as a magic solution when it wasn't.
>
> This.
>
> > If anything I am pissed because people took the vaccines and stopped being
> ar
> > ul because they had
> > taken the vaccines and thought themselves immortal.
>
> And especially this. The current US administration, and the press, started
> calling COVID a pandemic of the unvaccinated but I know many (supposedly)
> vaccinated people who quit being careful and very shortly got sick.

also those vaccines had to be kept in real strict storage conditions.
there's an anti vax hospital worker in my city who took them out of the freezers on purpose to fuck it up. he got 3 years in prison. he had been doing this for a very long time.

so, there's some chance that people got injected with a vaccine that was dead.
but, i saw someplace later that the vaccines aren't THAT fragile. so who knows.
who basically know nothing.

> I am vacinnated and have continued to be as careful as my employer will
> allow and, knock on wood, I still have yet to get sick.

covid is so contagious you probably got it and didn't even know it. many people have had covid with no symptoms.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<63899AC1.4178.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=596&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#596

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:27:13 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:27 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Dec 01 2022 03:46 pm

> > homedepot and walmart loading up to 300% capacity all day long.
>
> While the smaller stores were forced to stay closed to prevent the spread
> and ultimately went out of business.
>
> That is a part of the policy in many states that should have gotten some
> people in big trouble... but mostly has not.

yeah hobby lobby got into huge shit even though they have everything including food items.

dollar stores got to stay open as well as liquor stores.

here's some stores that went bankrupt. real big names here
https://www.aarp.org/money/credit-loans-debt/info-2020/bankrupt-retail-chain-store-list-is-growing.html

https://preview.tinyurl.com/2z2vyr7g
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<63899B4D.4179.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=597&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#597

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:29:33 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:29 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Dec 01 2022 03:49 pm

> > yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
> > my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only posted
> ik
> > 3 times maybe when i was on lux's bbs. I didn't say anything bad. i think
> > little nick was just lying.
>
> Considering it is an ftn network (mostly), that would be difficult to do or
> enforce. I am a sysop there and I was never told that MRO cannot post in
> FSX from my BBS.

yeah i know little nick was just talking shit. I don't really frequent any
msg networks. i post here but that's about it.

it's all boring and it's all the same people pretty much. well, except for the operators of the other msg nets. they stick to their own stuff that they run usually.

they should just all get together and create one msg network and get rid of the dead echos.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<63899B8C.4180.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=598&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#598

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Spaul
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:30:36 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 23:30 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: Spaul to MRO on Thu Dec 01 2022 04:04 pm

> To be honest, synchronet was 10 times easier to set up. Once I sorted out
> the port issues I was getting, I was up and running in no time.
>
> Looking forward to participating on the board. I have many other interests
> so I might be hitting people up on more techy questions. Cheers!

setting up qwk with synchronet is pretty easy but even easier is doing what i do and just get it via nntp.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Testing the waters

<6389FEEC.9635.dove-deb@pharcyde.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=599&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#599

From: hustler@VERT/PHARCYDE (HusTler)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 00:34:36 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: HusTler - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 06:34 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: MRO to Arelor on Wed Nov 30 2022 11:58 pm

> > > This is not FSXNet. You are allowed to have impopular opinions. IMO
> > > the real appeal of secluded places such as this one is being able to
> > > have opinions that would get you banned elsewhere.

> yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
> my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only posted l

Am I hearing (Reading) this right? Post's were deleted because somone disliked
an opinion? FSXNET is that bad? I remember when fidonet used to do that. How
disapointing. I'll have to take those networks off my scan list.
|07 HusTler

---
■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)

Testing the waters

<638A2E2C.4182.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=600&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#600

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: HusTler
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 03:56:12 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 09:56 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: HusTler to MRO on Fri Dec 02 2022 07:34 am

> > yeah i heard they had some drama there and posts get deleted.
> > my buddy nick andre said i was banned from there but I think i only
> > posted l
>
> Am I hearing (Reading) this right? Post's were deleted because somone
> disliked an opinion? FSXNET is that bad? I remember when fidonet used to do
> that. How disapointing. I'll have to take those networks off my scan list.

well it's his msg network, he can do what he wants with it.
I don't know why people would want to have censorship if it's not for preventing abusive damaging stuff to the network. like he could have a
politics area and you only discuss politics there.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

FSXNet

<638A3891.28538.dove_dove-deb@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=601&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#601

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: MRO
Subject: FSXNet
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 02:40:33 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:40 UTC

Re: Testing the waters
By: MRO to HusTler on Fri Dec 02 2022 10:56 am

MR> well it's his msg network, he can do what he wants with it.
MR> I don't know why people would want to have censorship if it's not for
MR> preventing abusive damaging stuff to the network. like he could have a
MR> politics area and you only discuss politics there.

There was actually some talk about creating a politics echo on FSXNet, but I don't think they created one. I remember some people posting that they thought it would be difficult to stay away from politics in the other echos, as many topics tend to get into politics at some point.

I don't read FSXNet all the time, so I may have missed the thing about some messages being deleted. But even if some messages are deleted on one system, I'd think the messages would still exist on other systems if they've already downloaded those messages?

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

FSXNet

<638A43D5.4184.dove-deb@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=602&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#602

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 05:28:37 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: MRO - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 11:28 UTC

Re: FSXNet
By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Dec 02 2022 09:40 am

> There was actually some talk about creating a politics echo on FSXNet, but I
> don't think they created one. I remember some people posting that they
> thought it would be difficult to stay away from politics in the other echos,
> as many topics tend to get into politics at some point.
>
> I don't read FSXNet all the time, so I may have missed the thing about some
> messages being deleted. But even if some messages are deleted on one
> system, I'd think the messages would still exist on other systems if they've
> already downloaded those messages?

i think the drama went farther than that. i dont give a shit. i remember them posting about it on zeronet a few years back.

if someone posts about politics you just move the msg to the right echo.
i think avon talked about killing msgs before they were sent out, but other shit happened too. anyways, seems like a lame net.

like i said, they should just make one network out of a bunch of nets.
eli did that with acenet or whatever it was called. if you don't like what someone is saying , twitfilter them. we're all sysops and we can do that or people that use offline readers can do it.

it's not rocket science and there's so few of us left.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

FSXNet

<638A8078.9639.dove-deb@pharcyde.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=603&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#603

From: hustler@VERT/PHARCYDE (HusTler)
To: mro
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 09:47:20 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: HusTler - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:47 UTC

Re: FSXNet
By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Dec 02 2022 09:40 am

> > well it's his msg network, he can do what he wants with it.
> > I don't know why people would want to have censorship if it's not for

"It's his msg Network" Then FSX is not a "network" it's just a chat room run
by some big headed SysOp. SysOps need to drop this so called network so it will
just die out once in for all.
|07 HusTler

.... Freedom is for everyone. Or no one.

---
■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)

Testing the waters

<638A83E6.25647.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=604&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#604

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 11:01:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dumas Walker - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 16:01 UTC

> I went on there the other day to check it out.
> the moron said "I don't want to talk about anything political, but why is his
> ppening" or something like that.

> then he posted about something entirely political. I don't think he was tryin
> to subvert the rules; i think he was literally a moron.

That sounds like Oli. He will sometimes start some anti-US rant and then
whine when the responses are "political."

I was one of the ones that suggested that FSX did not need a Political echo
because people like that would post there just to start stuff and, since
that network has rules of conduct, it would be a moderation nightmare.

* SLMR 2.1a * Apathy error - strike any key, or none for that matter

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Testing the waters

<638A83E6.25648.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=605&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#605

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: HUSTLER
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:55:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dumas Walker - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:55 UTC

> Am I hearing (Reading) this right? Post's were deleted because somone dislike
> an opinion? FSXNET is that bad? I remember when fidonet used to do that. How
> disapointing. I'll have to take those networks off my scan list.

Sysops may have deleted messages from their individual boards, but there is
no way they got deleted from the whole network. I am on that network and
have never been asked by Paul/Avon or anyone else to remove messages from FSX
areas on my BBS.

* SLMR 2.1a * Make Louisiana Great Again! Trump for Governor!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP