||  ||| |`* going to warNopants
||  ||| | +* going to warMRO
||  ||| | |`* going to warNopants
||  ||| | | +* going to warMRO
||  ||| | | |`- going to warNopants
||  ||| | | `* going to warWeatherman
||  ||| | |  `* going to warNopants
||  ||| | |   `* going to warMRO
||  ||| | |    +- going to warpoindexter FORTRAN
||  ||| | |    `- going to warNopants
||  ||| | `* going to warpoindexter FORTRAN
||  ||| |  `* going to warWeatherman
||  ||| |   +- going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |   +* going to warNopants
||  ||| |   |+* going to warMRO
||  ||| |   ||`- going to warNopants
||  ||| |   |+* going to warArelor
||  ||| |   ||`- going to warNopants
||  ||| |   |`* going to warArelor
||  ||| |   | `- going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |   +- going to warBf2k+
||  ||| |   `* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |    +* going to warMRO
||  ||| |    |`* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |    | +* going to warMRO
||  ||| |    | |`* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |    | | `* going to warMRO
||  ||| |    | |  `* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |    | |   `- going to warMRO
||  ||| |    | +- going to warArelor
||  ||| |    | `* going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |    |  `* going to warMRO
||  ||| |    |   `- going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |    `* going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |     `* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |      +- going to warMRO
||  ||| |      `* going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |       +* going to warMRO
||  ||| |       |`* going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |       | +- going to warMRO
||  ||| |       | `* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |       |  +* going to warMRO
||  ||| |       |  |`* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |       |  | `- going to warMRO
||  ||| |       |  `- going to warDumas Walker
||  ||| |       `* going to warThe Lizard Master
||  ||| |        `- going to warMRO
||  ||| `- going to warDumas Walker
||  ||`* going to warWeatherman
||  || +* going to warMRO
||  || |+* going to warGamgee
||  || ||+* going to warMRO
||  || |||`* going to warGamgee
||  || ||| `- going to warMRO
||  || ||+* going to warWeatherman
||  || |||`- going to warMRO
||  || ||`- going to warDumas Walker
||  || |`* going to warWeatherman
||  || | `- going to warMRO
||  || `* going to warpoindexter FORTRAN
||  ||  +* going to warWeatherman
||  ||  |`- going to warMRO
||  ||  +* going to warArelor
||  ||  |`* going to warpoindexter FORTRAN
||  ||  | +* going to warArelor
||  ||  | |`* going to warpoindexter FORTRAN
> [...]
`* going to warWeatherman
 `- going to warMRO

Pages:1234
Re: going to war

<655FA3B3.33076.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2439&group=DOVE-Net.General#2439

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: The Lizard Master
Subject: Re: going to war
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:10:43 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 19:10 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: The Lizard Master to MRO on Wed Nov 22 2023 04:13 pm

> That was just an example. But we don't need statues put up decades after the
The problem is not the statues or symbols themselves. I am not opposed to
moving many monuments to ideologies we no longer endorse to a museum or
something.

The problem is there are groups trying to obtain political profit by doing it,
and specifically, trying to rewrite History in the process.

See, Republicans lost the Spanish Civil war, so they need to take revenge by
unburying the General who won and putting the coffin away. They also need to
take revenge renaming streets with names of Republican politicians and Generalsand ensuring no street is named after a guy from the National side.

This people does not want to heal a thing. They are just playing the Spanish
Civil War in their heads. This is an unhealthy thing to do and sane people
should fight in order not to be dragged into their insane world.

For the record, I am far from a fan of the National side.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: going to war

<6560B416.10742.dove-gen@crackintimebbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2444&group=DOVE-Net.General#2444

From: nopants@VERT/CITBBS (Nopants)
To: Arelor
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 09:32:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Nopants - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:32 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: Arelor to Nopants on Thu Nov 23 2023 12:47 pm

> I think the Social Justice Crowd is notorious for their ability to crank out
> marketable terms in order to label both friends and enemies, if just because
> when you play Identitary Politics you need a way to separate people into
> Identitary Groups so you can profit from the division.

I agree. The trick is to identify theses people on either side and ignore
them. Even if they say some things that tickle your jimmy. If you give them
an inch they will take a mile.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Crack in Time BBS - crackintimebbs.ddns.net:2323

Re: going to war

<6563A14F.64628.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2445&group=DOVE-Net.General#2445

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: THE LIZARD MASTER
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 12:00:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 17:00 UTC

> > >Nah, take all the bullshit down. A majority of that stuff went up in the
> > Jim Cr
> > >w era for intimidation. We have wikipedia, the history will be okay.
> >
> > Wikipedia, where anyone can edit and spin anything however they want.
> > Where they had to lock down the editing of the "Recession" article because
> > someone kept editing it to match the definition that the current White Hous
> > prefered to make sure whatever situation we are in doesn't match the
> > definition.
> >
> > Yes, that is a very good idea. <rolls eyes>

> Just an example, use whatever you are comfortable with. To sum up wikipedia as
> n anyone can edit failure is telling though.

"Failure" is your word, not mine, which is why I have over-quoted here.
Maybe your use of that word is telling?

I use wikipedia regularly. It is good for many things. The cronological
timing of events would be one -- like did this album by this group come out
before or after that one? For political and social reasons an event
happened, you'd better take it with a grain of salt because anyone indeed can
edit it.

I have edited a few BBS related pages. MRO has admited to editing pages.
Would *you* want either of our interpretations to be used as evidence that
"history will be okay"?

* SLMR 2.1a * There are no answers, only cross-references.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: going to war

<6563A14F.64629.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2446&group=DOVE-Net.General#2446

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: THE LIZARD MASTER
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 13:55:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 18:55 UTC

>That was just an example. But we don't need statues put up decades after the en
> of the civil war for shitty reasons to keep our history.

Some were put up long after because immediately after such things were not
welcome. Example - any memorials to war dead who were not Union soldiers.
Not to individuals, but the whole of the dead from an area. They may have
fought on the losing side, but they were someone's fathers/brothers/sons.

Those people still have living relatives but, hey, it is again not cool to
remember them, so let's not.

* SLMR 2.1a * What's a 6.9? 69 interrupted by a period.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: going to war

<6563A14F.64631.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2448&group=DOVE-Net.General#2448

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: ARELOR
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 14:02:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 19:02 UTC

>> Also, one side is not as good at creating marketing terms like "woke" and ha
>> people like yourself carry the water. Good game.

> Also, if memory server well, Black LIves Matter were among the first to
> popularize the term, and Wikipedia seems to agree:

> "The term woke gained further popularity in the 2010s. Over time, it became
> increasingly connected to matters beyond race such as gender and identities
> perceived as marginalized. During the 2014 Ferguson protests, the phrase was
> popularized by Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists seeking to raise awareness
> about police shootings of African Americans. "

I did not think that "conservatives" coined that term. Thanks for proving
that they did not. Funny, a group likes a term so long as it is only them
labeling themselves as such, and not so much when others pick up on it (and
what it really means).

* SLMR 2.1a * Are you a Klingon, or is that a turtle on your head?

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: going to war

<65646DFD.12791.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2450&group=DOVE-Net.General#2450

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 04:22:53 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:22 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: Dumas Walker to THE LIZARD MASTER on Sun Nov 26 2023 12:00 pm

> I have edited a few BBS related pages. MRO has admited to editing pages.
> Would *you* want either of our interpretations to be used as evidence that
> "history will be okay"?

i have edited pages with fake info and added sources to back it up just to piss off people. If you cite a book nobody is going to get that book and verify. One time I used beam my up scotty as a reference.
"Beam Me Up Scottie: Pippen, Patrick: 9781411609877
https://www.amazon.com > Beam-Me-Scottie-Patrick-...
Beam Me Up Scottie is based on the real life story of Patrick Pippen, nephew up basketball legend Scottie Pippen. From streetball to the lifestyles of the ..."

The last time i edited wikipedia it was the renegade page and telegard page because TJ is trying to rewrite history. i just gave up. edit wars are for losers.

Wikipedia should only be for entertainment. not to prove a point or be used in an official compacity.

Real research is libraries is where you find much reliable information.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<65646E1D.12792.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2451&group=DOVE-Net.General#2451

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 04:23:25 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:23 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: Dumas Walker to THE LIZARD MASTER on Sun Nov 26 2023 01:55 pm

> >That was just an example. But we don't need statues put up decades after
> the en
> > of the civil war for shitty reasons to keep our history.
>
> Some were put up long after because immediately after such things were not
> welcome. Example - any memorials to war dead who were not Union soldiers.
> Not to individuals, but the whole of the dead from an area. They may have
> fought on the losing side, but they were someone's fathers/brothers/sons.
>
> Those people still have living relatives but, hey, it is again not cool to
> remember them, so let's not.

also bring back uncle ben and the land of lakes woman and aunt jamima.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<6564ACCB.54989.dove.dove-gen@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2455&group=DOVE-Net.General#2455

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Arelor
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:03:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 05:03 UTC

-=> Arelor wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

Ar> Now you have trainees who will outright refuse to wear the gas mask for
Ar> practice because it would ruin their hair style, which is exactly what
Ar> you get when you try to bring in people from the wrong demographic
Ar> group.

Citation?

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: going to war

<6564924E.301.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2457&group=DOVE-Net.General#2457

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 07:57:50 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 12:57 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: MRO to The Lizard Master on Thu Nov 23 2023 10:08 am

> > I wasn't hiding the fact we don't need confederate statues put up decades
> > after the civil war was over. I was pretty clear in that.
>

> you're not the one to decide if we need statues or not.
>
> what do you care? did a statue rape you as a child?
> anybody that wants historical statues is stupid.
> suggesting wikipedia and youtube instead is stupid.

I didn't say any of this, you are a trip. I'll take the loss for not being able to communicate my point I guess.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: going to war

<65649330.302.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2458&group=DOVE-Net.General#2458

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:01:36 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:01 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: Dumas Walker to THE LIZARD MASTER on Sun Nov 26 2023 12:00 pm

> "Failure" is your word, not mine, which is why I have over-quoted here.
> Maybe your use of that word is telling?
>
> I use wikipedia regularly. It is good for many things. The cronological
> timing of events would be one -- like did this album by this group come out
> before or after that one? For political and social reasons an event
> happened, you'd better take it with a grain of salt because anyone indeed
> can edit it.
>
> I have edited a few BBS related pages. MRO has admited to editing pages.
> Would *you* want either of our interpretations to be used as evidence that
> "history will be okay"?

Sure, you can click to see who has edited what and for what reasons. There's a full log. It's a great resource and I don't think southern generals will be erased because of statues. Anyone can create a website as well.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: going to war

<6564C601.64638.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2460&group=DOVE-Net.General#2460

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:51:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:51 UTC

>Wikipedia should only be for entertainment. not to prove a point or be used in
>an official compacity.

>Real research is libraries is where you find much reliable information.

Indeed. People seem to forget about those.

* SLMR 2.1a * I'm not tense, just terribly A*L*E*R*T.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: going to war

<6564C601.64639.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2461&group=DOVE-Net.General#2461

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:53:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:53 UTC

> also bring back uncle ben and the land of lakes woman and aunt jamima.

I think the point here was to remove any proof of minority involvement in the
founding and/or success of some of those products, and not whatever excuse was
used.

* SLMR 2.1a * Limit Congress to 2 terms: one in office, one in jail!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: going to war

<6564F06A.33102.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2462&group=DOVE-Net.General#2462

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:39:22 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:39 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Arelor on Sun Nov 26 2023 09:03 pm

> -=> Arelor wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-
>
> Ar> Now you have trainees who will outright refuse to wear the gas mask for > Ar> practice because it would ruin their hair style, which is exactly what
> Ar> you get when you try to bring in people from the wrong demographic
> Ar> group.
>
> Citation?
>

> --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
> ■ Synchronet ■ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Do you really want me to phone an officer from the Paratroopers Brigade so he
can post his experiences here? Because he would tell me to get lost.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: going to war

<6565C813.12804.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2463&group=DOVE-Net.General#2463

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 04:59:31 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 10:59 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Arelor on Sun Nov 26 2023 09:03 pm

> -=> Arelor wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-
>
> Ar> Now you have trainees who will outright refuse to wear the gas mask for
> Ar> practice because it would ruin their hair style, which is exactly what
> Ar> you get when you try to bring in people from the wrong demographic
> Ar> group.
>
> Citation?

here ya go.
they got this thing call google.

https://i.imgur.com/hkCHmwa.png
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<6565C89B.12806.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2465&group=DOVE-Net.General#2465

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:01:47 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:01 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: The Lizard Master to MRO on Mon Nov 27 2023 07:57 am

> > what do you care? did a statue rape you as a child?
> > anybody that wants historical statues is stupid.
> > suggesting wikipedia and youtube instead is stupid.
>
> I didn't say any of this, you are a trip. I'll take the loss for not being
> able to communicate my point I guess.

you advocating the removal of historical statues.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<6565C900.12807.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2466&group=DOVE-Net.General#2466

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:03:28 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:03 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: The Lizard Master to Dumas Walker on Mon Nov 27 2023 08:01 am

> Sure, you can click to see who has edited what and for what reasons. There's
> a full log. It's a great resource and I don't think southern generals will
> be erased because of statues. Anyone can create a website as well.

yeah and anybody can make 100 accounts. wikipedia is an online mmorpg.
anybody that considers it a source of reliable information is sad.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<6565CAD9.12809.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2468&group=DOVE-Net.General#2468

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:11:21 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:11 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Mon Nov 27 2023 10:51 am

> >Wikipedia should only be for entertainment. not to prove a point or be
> used in
> >an official compacity.
>
> >Real research is libraries is where you find much reliable information.
>
> Indeed. People seem to forget about those.

My hometown's library has been reduced to an internet cafe where you can
see people play hardcore porn. then there's the homeless going around bothering people.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<656622EA.326.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2474&group=DOVE-Net.General#2474

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:27:06 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 17:27 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Mon Nov 27 2023 10:51 am

> >Wikipedia should only be for entertainment. not to prove a point or be
> used in
> >an official compacity.
>
> >Real research is libraries is where you find much reliable information.
>
> Indeed. People seem to forget about those.

Libraries are way more convienient and informative than statues, you are right.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: going to war

<65668762.12816.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2475&group=DOVE-Net.General#2475

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 18:35:46 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 00:35 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: The Lizard Master to Dumas Walker on Tue Nov 28 2023 12:27 pm

> > >Real research is libraries is where you find much reliable information.
>
> > Indeed. People seem to forget about those.
>
> Libraries are way more convienient and informative than statues, you are
> right.

you really have a warped sense of thought, dude.

I suggest you visit virginia and experience the history of the various locations.
it might enlighten you.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<65673EC7.330.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2477&group=DOVE-Net.General#2477

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:38:15 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:38 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: MRO to The Lizard Master on Tue Nov 28 2023 06:35 pm

> > > information.
>
> > > Indeed. People seem to forget about those.
>
> > Libraries are way more convienient and informative than statues, you are
> > right.
>

> you really have a warped sense of thought, dude.
>
> I suggest you visit virginia and experience the history of the various
> locations.
> it might enlighten you.

I have. Haven't spent as much time in Virginia as I have in Georgia/Ten though.
Very presumptuous.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: going to war

<6567521F.55002.dove.dove-gen@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2478&group=DOVE-Net.General#2478

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Arelor
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 06:23:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 14:23 UTC

-=> Arelor wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

Ar> Do you really want me to phone an officer from the Paratroopers Brigade
Ar> so he can post his experiences here? Because he would tell me to get
Ar> lost.

If you're implying that this was first-hand information and not
published somewhere, I'd think that was awfully convenient, or should
have been cited that this was first-hand, non-confirmable information in
the first place.

.... This place you're looking for, what makes you so sure it exists?
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: going to war

<65676A4A.12821.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2480&group=DOVE-Net.General#2480

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 10:43:54 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 16:43 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: The Lizard Master to MRO on Wed Nov 29 2023 08:38 am

> > I suggest you visit virginia and experience the history of the various
> > locations.
> > it might enlighten you.
>
> I have. Haven't spent as much time in Virginia as I have in Georgia/Ten
> though. Very presumptuous.

no i was just giving you the benefit of the doubt. now you're even more dense than i imagined.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: going to war

<656769E3.64663.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2481&group=DOVE-Net.General#2481

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: THE LIZARD MASTER
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:20:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 16:20 UTC

>Libraries are way more convienient and informative than statues, you are right.

Coming across historical sites during my travels is often what makes me
research things.

OTOH, being able to drive by what appears to be just an open field is
probably a lot more convienent, for someone who doesn't want to be bothered
by things that might make them learn, than it is to drive by it and see
some monument or historical marker that might hurt their feelings.

Here in my town we have a large statue to a man named Gobbels. In his
early political career, he shot and killed someone and pretty much got away
with it. Later in his career, he used his position as President of the
State Senate to manipulate things in order to change the results of an
election and have the actual Governor-elect run out of the state.

Now, I don't think we should have such a statue but, if you do some
research, the story gets even more interesting.

This was around 1900. While states south of here had settled into their
Jim Crow ways, Kentucky had started electing Republicans and was more
progressive than their neighbors. The Democrats, being mostly Dixiecrats
at the time, really did not like this.

Gobbels was a Democrat but not a Dixiecrat. So his party went along with
what he was up to in order to wrestle power away from the Republicans.
Once he was named Governor-elect, all Hell broke loose, and he ultimately
was shot and eventually died.

The Republican SOS was blamed and tried for it. However, Gobbels didn't
die immediately and died claiming he'd been poisoned. There is a show that
sometimes airs on our local PBS network called "damn bad oysters" (his last
words) that goes into great detail about his life, and also the evidence
that he could have been correct about what killed him.

Because he stole the election, the Lt. Governor, an ardent Dixiecrat, became
Governor. Something I am sure Gobbels didn't intend but that did happen. Our
state quickly fell inline with the rest of our Jim Crow neighbors, and was
set back about 60 years in the process.

So, while I don't think we should have a statue that commemorates a
murderer who stole an election and was eventually murdered himself, if it
was not there I probably wouldn't have bothered to learn anything about how
our state wound up like it did. I am willing to live with the statue being
there so long as it might cause others to research what happened then.yy

* SLMR 2.1a * Repartee: An insult wearing a suit and tie.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: going to war

<6567BB41.33124.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2483&group=DOVE-Net.General#2483

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 16:29:21 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:29 UTC

Re: Re: going to war
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Arelor on Tue Nov 28 2023 06:23 am

> If you're implying that this was first-hand information and not
> published somewhere, I'd think that was awfully convenient, or should
> have been cited that this was first-hand, non-confirmable information in
> the first place.

I said all of this was hearsay from talking to actual officers early on in the
thread.