Optimization hinders evolution.

computers / comp.os.linux.advocacy / Re: GNU/Linux Workout

SubjectAuthor
* GNU/Linux WorkoutFarley Flud
+* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
|`- Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
`* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
 +* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutchrisv
 |`* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
 | `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutChris Ahlstrom
 |  +- Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
 |  +- Re: GNU/Linux Workoutchrisv
 |  `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
 |   `- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutChris Ahlstrom
 `* Re: GNU/Linux Workout-hh
  +* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
  |`* Re: GNU/Linux Wor-hh
  | `- Re: GNU/Linux Worrbowman
  +* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
  |`- Re: GNU/Linux Workout-hh
  `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutFarley Flud
   +* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutJoel
   |+* Re: GNU/Linux Workout-hh
   ||+* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutJoel
   |||+* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutChris Ahlstrom
   |||`- Re: GNU/Linux Workout-hh
   ||+* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   |||+* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutJoel
   |||`* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||| `- Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   ||`* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   || `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   ||  `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||   +* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||   |`* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||   | `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   ||   |  `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||   |   `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   ||   |    `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutchrisv
   ||   |     `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||   |      +* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutchrisv
   ||   |      |+- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutJoel
   ||   |      |`- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||   |      `- Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   ||   `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
   ||    +* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||    |`- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutStéphane CARPENTIER
   ||    `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   ||     `- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak
   |`- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutDFS
   +- Re: GNU/Linux Workout-hh
   `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
    `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutChris Ahlstrom
     `* Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
      `* Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutChris Ahlstrom
       +- Re: GNU/Linux Workoutrbowman
       `- Re: GNU/Linux WorkoutPhysfitfreak

Pages:123
Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<l1oakoFmlqbU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8865&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8865

From: bowman@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Workout
Date: 29 Jan 2024 00:43:04 GMT
<i6cbri9mdpemtpad8vac9lkgjpn5g4v4nf@4ax.com> <up4eju$121lv$4@solani.org>
<gjecrilknu8gj36c8pa976vnmnbfu0onah@4ax.com> <up68r3$11qts$1@solani.org>
 by: rbowman - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:43 UTC

On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:10:27 -0600, Physfitfreak wrote:

> And how do you know Pepsi has mdma instead of caffeine?

Only in his muddled mind.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<up6tmu$1249h$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8869&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8869

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 19:06:37 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 01:06 UTC

On 1/28/2024 2:38 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 22:20:30 -0600, Physfitfreak wrote:
>
>> Forgot to give the link. If you're prone to diabetes, watch this half
>> hour explanation:
>
> My wife is a Type 1 diabetic, which is a different problem. Although he
> never was aware of it an autopsy showed my father had developed Type 2 so
> I've been careful. It wasn't surprising. My mother was an excellent cook
> and the usual American diet of the day was heavy on pie, cake, cookies,
> bread, potatoes, gravy, and so forth. Even spinach was served with vinegar
> and sugar. Macaroni and cheese, bad enough, was topped with maple syrup,
> as were pancakes, corn bread, and so forth.

Holy Molly :) Whoever promoted that type of diet must've been working
for government and acting on government's instructions. Cause it's
government's money when you retire. They don't want to give back all
those social security and medicare dollars you paid them. All those
doctors and hospitals bills after retirement. Easier you die by diabetes
or heart attack or Covid. Or cancer! Carcinogens are all over processed
foods. They work wonderfully for government. A carcinogen to government
means gold. Means more European tours. Means more lavish lifestyles.
More wars to conduct. They'd kiss your feet if you give them a
carcinogen in food that only kills you a few decades later. They'll hire
you in for any position you want. They'll give you everything you want.
Just show that this carcinogen doesn't give you cancer shortly after.
Asbestos was lucky to be banned before Reagan era began. I've seen
people dying of mesothelioma. It's not pretty. You see a guy who still
should have 30 or 40 years to live, but can hardly breathe in his late
50s. He'll die just around the time he retires. Doesn't matter the guy
was repairing my house, or was Steve McQueen. If they're getting close
to think about retirement, better dead than alive. And when nothing
seems to work as well as they want, they create Covid to do that fast.

Yes, type 1 is a much bigger challenge. The cells producing it aren't
even there, so stem cell methods should be used to regenerate those
cells, but I thing it is still illegal (I don't remember seeing FDA
approving it) and so far only billionaires have been enjoying such
treatments.

But since the injection of insulin is still the only legal method to use
today, then preventing insulin resistance becomes vital. So steps that
Jason Fung recommends must be taken to prevent such resistance to
develop. Intermittent fasting to use up the glucose packed inside cells,
which is the easiest method, and exercising to burn such built ups more
efficiently, which is harder to do. And of course never resorting to
sugary and starchy food.

I don't know what the good side of the genes responsible for type 1 has
been. By now, they must've discovered something on why those genes are
around. Every harmful gene is there for a literally "vital" reasons.
They usually kill a few but save a multitude of lives. So how do type 1
genes save lives for others? I was asking this question already in
1980s. Still don't know the answer.

The genes that are helping type 2 diabetes progress in the body today,
were discovered decades back to have been very much needed in the
life-style of pre-agriculture man, so it helped them immensely to very
quickly absorb a lot of food and store it in the body for the coming
days of enforced fasting. But the same genes, now after agriculture
developed, have become a liability. Unless you eat and more or less live
like pre-agriculture periods. One meal per a few days, and no meals but
water in between, and lots of mild but extended exercise, like walking.

As far as I know, Jason Fung's concentration is on type 2 and obesity. I
don't remember him saying much about type 1. He is a doctor, a
scientist, so he has to choose what yields best results for more people.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<up7275$125u8$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8877&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8877

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 20:23:33 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 02:23 UTC

On 1/28/2024 2:32 PM, rbowman wrote:
> At one time we visited a winery. The tour included copious samples to get
> you in the mood for the final stop, the salesroom. My parents bought a
> case of assorted flavors and that lasted a very long time too. My furtive
> forays into the liquor cabinet may have accounted for most of it.

Hehe :) I and my ex wife did a similar thing, but right inside a
restaurant, and with Tequilas of all sorts. The restaurant had announced
that such "service" would be provided on such and such night, so we got
there to check it out. I don't know how many different shots of
different tequilas I gulped down. They brought them in rows of 5 samples
I think. And it was repeated for other samples several times. At the
end, I was totally wasted and couldn't even remember which one it was
that tasted better. My wife had had fewer than me so she drove us back
home.

Tequila can taste very good or horrible, depending on I don't know what.
I have had both ones. The good ones are very fruity and do not leave an
alcohol aftertaste. And in moderation are wonderful. No hangovers,
especially when consumed with food. The bad ones after a couple of tries
I've used in spays on my feet before putting on socks, right after
showers, to prevent fungi.

Down here in Texas Mexicans do not buy the ones for sale in liquor
stores here, they just have their family and friends bring a lot of good
ones with them when they visit them here. Even some of the most
expensive tequilas here are of bad quality. Just rip-offs for those who
want to get drunk.

Indians (and Iranians) rarely drink milk as it is. If you are lactose
intolerant you cannot force it. You'll very soon stop drinking milk! It
literally makes you sick as a dog. Those people turn it into a multitude
of products almost none of which has any lactose left in them. The
easiest is of course turning it into yogurt. And I think one of the
healthiest ways it is as well, cause it'll give you all the probiotics
you need if you have yogurt with each meal. In north Iran, some people
cannot eat any meals without yogurt present on the side.

In Iran yogurt is consumed plain, but in northwest Iran and southeast
Europe those people do a lot of things with yogurt. They consume it in
many more ways than Iranians do, and they consume it a lot, like much
more than many other people around the world. Sometimes they've
connected this fact to those people generally living longer than other
Europeans. There's been papers written about this since a century back.
Maintaining a healthy digestive system does a great deal towards general
health. It just has to be there for anything else to work well.

Cheese is number one milk product in Iran though. We've had to buy them
because making feta cheese is difficult. We've had cheese with breakfast
as far back as I know. And the form Iranians make is feta cheese, and to
a lesser degree blue cheese, and none of the other kinds that Europeans
make.

I'm talking a lot about these stuff because I'm hungry and it is not my
eating day. But I can have a hearty hot lemongrass tea, so...

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<l1ohniFo6hnU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8879&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8879

From: bowman@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: 29 Jan 2024 02:44:02 GMT
<up4dmi$121lv$2@solani.org> <l1ltstF9t20U1@mid.individual.net>
<up4jgk$1278t$1@solani.org> <up4kio$1278t$2@solani.org>
<up4kme$1278t$3@solani.org> <l1ns9jFktk7U2@mid.individual.net>
<up6tmu$1249h$1@solani.org>
 by: rbowman - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 02:44 UTC

On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 19:06:37 -0600, Physfitfreak wrote:

> Holy Molly Whoever promoted that type of diet must've been working for
> government and acting on government's instructions. Cause it's
> government's money when you retire. They don't want to give back all
> those social security and medicare dollars you paid them. All those
> doctors and hospitals bills after retirement. Easier you die by diabetes
> or heart attack or Covid.

It worked. My father died of a heart attack before he retired. I was in
college and he was going to retire when I graduated. He died in the winter
break of my senior year. My mother made out a little better and made it to
79.

Both of them had been paying in since 1937. It made some sense at the
time. Many peoples' savings had been wiped out in the Depression and the
government was trying to fend off hordes of hungry, pissed off old people.

That's been the ongoing problem. I've been paying in since '65 and if some
pol discontinued it abruptly tomorrow I would be pissed. I wouldn't
starve but I would want a pound or two of flesh. I don't know how you
unwind a Ponzi scheme.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<up73vh$125u8$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8880&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8880

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 20:53:37 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 02:53 UTC

On 1/28/2024 2:32 PM, rbowman wrote:
> No, that is the one. It is syrupy and kosher. I don't have a clue why my
> mother settled on it as the wine for guests. Her preferences were gin in
> the summer and whiskey in the winter while my father was mostly a beer
> drinker. Wine was foreign territory for them.

The best act of making fun of such wine that I've seen is from a scene
in "A New Leaf" movie from early 1970s. It's just hilarious.

God I've watched that movie at least 30 or 40 times. First time in
Tehran, dubbed, together with my entire family, but the rest in USA
either on rented videotape or as a pirated file. It doesn't get old. You
just have to wait some time, then you'd want to see it again.

By the way, I think it came out during Kissinger's time in office, and
she (the director) made clever use of his features in a certain
character in the movie :) Both were Jews, and one wouldn't do that to a
secretary of state for no reason, but she did it because Kissinger had
become rude with his appearing naked in Playboy. So she gave it to him
good.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<up7bte$12a27$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8882&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8882

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:09:02 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 05:09 UTC

On 1/28/2024 8:53 PM, Physfitfreak wrote:
> On 1/28/2024 2:32 PM, rbowman wrote:
>> No, that is the one. It is syrupy and kosher. I don't have a clue why my
>> mother settled on it as the wine for guests. Her preferences were gin in
>> the summer and whiskey in the winter while my father was mostly a beer
>> drinker. Wine was foreign territory for them.
>

> The best act of making fun of such wine that I've seen is from a scene
> in "A New Leaf" movie from early 1970s. It's just hilarious.
>
> God I've watched that movie at least 30 or 40 times. First time in
> Tehran, dubbed, together with my entire family, but the rest in USA
> either on rented videotape or as a pirated file. It doesn't get old. You
> just have to wait some time, then you'd want to see it again.
>
> By the way, I think it came out during Kissinger's time in office, and
> she (the director) made clever use of his features in a certain
> character in the movie :) Both were Jews, and one wouldn't do that to a
> secretary of state for no reason, but she did it because Kissinger had
> become rude with his appearing naked in Playboy. So she gave it to him
> good.

Here is just that clip (with "Kissinger" listening outside the door)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNcVd0aCFs

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<m79frih4kh3hctj7anqa9i0nqells8iesc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8890&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8890

From: chrisv@nospam.invalid (chrisv)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
References: <2033c571-efeb-4b08-a871-12e69bcc8651n@googlegroups.com> <17ae2ed8e284b78e$9$2154774$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com> <1dp9rihskt7qcoc2hd711r2dt1aqd83cur@4ax.com> <6ac4e679-e5b7-42c9-8c2a-6242b1a96628n@googlegroups.com> <up4dmi$121lv$2@solani.org> <l1ltstF9t20U1@mid.individual.net> <up4jgk$1278t$1@solani.org> <up4kio$1278t$2@solani.org> <up4kme$1278t$3@solani.org> <l1ns9jFktk7U2@mid.individual.net> <up6tmu$1249h$1@solani.org> <l1ohniFo6hnU2@mid.individual.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:25:19 -0600
 by: chrisv - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 13:25 UTC

rbowman wrote:

>It worked. My father died of a heart attack before he retired. I was in
>college and he was going to retire when I graduated. He died in the winter
>break of my senior year. My mother made out a little better and made it to
>79.

Yeah, my dad's heart issues are a big motivator for me to stay thin
and fit. He had his chest cracked-open for a bypass operation while
in his 50's. He wasn't fat, either. He was a smoker, however.

>Both of them had been paying in since 1937. It made some sense at the
>time. Many peoples' savings had been wiped out in the Depression and the
>government was trying to fend off hordes of hungry, pissed off old people.
>
>That's been the ongoing problem. I've been paying in since '65 and if some
>pol discontinued it abruptly tomorrow I would be pissed. I wouldn't
>starve but I would want a pound or two of flesh. I don't know how you
>unwind a Ponzi scheme.

I wish there was a name for the gutless cowards who refuse to fix the
system and make it sustainable. Mother fuckers doesn't quite do it.
They are going to have to cut benefits, but only to those of us who
saved. I'm counting on 2/3 of what my supposed benefits are projected
to be.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<upa3vt$14ucp$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8908&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8908

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 00:12:13 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:12 UTC

On 1/29/2024 7:25 AM, chrisv wrote:
> rbowman wrote:
>
>> It worked. My father died of a heart attack before he retired. I was in
>> college and he was going to retire when I graduated. He died in the winter
>> break of my senior year. My mother made out a little better and made it to
>> 79.
>
> Yeah, my dad's heart issues are a big motivator for me to stay thin
> and fit. He had his chest cracked-open for a bypass operation while
> in his 50's. He wasn't fat, either. He was a smoker, however.
>
>> Both of them had been paying in since 1937. It made some sense at the
>> time. Many peoples' savings had been wiped out in the Depression and the
>> government was trying to fend off hordes of hungry, pissed off old people.
>>
>> That's been the ongoing problem. I've been paying in since '65 and if some
>> pol discontinued it abruptly tomorrow I would be pissed. I wouldn't
>> starve but I would want a pound or two of flesh. I don't know how you
>> unwind a Ponzi scheme.
>
> I wish there was a name for the gutless cowards who refuse to fix the
> system and make it sustainable. Mother fuckers doesn't quite do it.
> They are going to have to cut benefits, but only to those of us who
> saved. I'm counting on 2/3 of what my supposed benefits are projected
> to be.

There are think tanks. And good ones too. But they have no power.
They're just told what to solve. Who's problems to solve is the point. I
think they only solve billionaires' problems.

If billionaries are happy in this country, nothing can be done to
improve the life's quality. I think the way to have the government begin
thinking in terms of improving people's lives, is to make a bunch of
billionaires very unhappy. Make them scared. scared of losing
everything. And I mean everything. Then the suckers will let the
government work.

But Sheep cannot do that.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<4ashri5t79p5ugjvab90oqmugkumr444dd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8914&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8914

From: chrisv@nospam.invalid (chrisv)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
References: <17ae2ed8e284b78e$9$2154774$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com> <1dp9rihskt7qcoc2hd711r2dt1aqd83cur@4ax.com> <6ac4e679-e5b7-42c9-8c2a-6242b1a96628n@googlegroups.com> <up4dmi$121lv$2@solani.org> <l1ltstF9t20U1@mid.individual.net> <up4jgk$1278t$1@solani.org> <up4kio$1278t$2@solani.org> <up4kme$1278t$3@solani.org> <l1ns9jFktk7U2@mid.individual.net> <up6tmu$1249h$1@solani.org> <l1ohniFo6hnU2@mid.individual.net> <m79frih4kh3hctj7anqa9i0nqells8iesc@4ax.com> <upa3vt$14ucp$1@solani.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:59:41 -0600
 by: chrisv - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:59 UTC

Physfitfreak wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>>
>> I wish there was a name for the gutless cowards who refuse to fix the
>> system and make it sustainable. Mother fuckers doesn't quite do it.
>> They are going to have to cut benefits, but only to those of us who
>> saved. I'm counting on 2/3 of what my supposed benefits are projected
>> to be.
>
> There are think tanks.

It never did take a "think tank" to do the projections on the Social
Security funding. No genius was required, to foresee the boomers
retiring and living longer than ever.

Yet they did nothing, and continue to do nothing. Except *accelerate*
the borrowing, the debt. Like I said, MF'ers doesn't do them justice.

--
"Given the very tiny marketshare of linux on the desktop, there is no
'mass market effect'." - Lying Lloyd Parsons

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<l1t310FigtpU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8924&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8924

From: bowman@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: 30 Jan 2024 20:03:44 GMT
 by: rbowman - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:03 UTC

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 00:12:13 -0600, Physfitfreak wrote:

> If billionaries are happy in this country, nothing can be done to
> improve the life's quality. I think the way to have the government begin
> thinking in terms of improving people's lives, is to make a bunch of
> billionaires very unhappy. Make them scared. scared of losing
> everything. And I mean everything. Then the suckers will let the
> government work.
>
> But Sheep cannot do that.

Nietzsche said something apropos. The sheep hate eagles but the eagles
don't hate sheep. If fact they enjoy tasty little lambs.

Governments have little interest in breeding eagles and would rather tilt
the deck in favor of dumb, compliant little sheep. It's not like there
haven't been Jeremiahs along the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Servile_State

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<l2riri1tjqgdpuusrhdt6naedistgbpukj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8928&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8928

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
References: <1dp9rihskt7qcoc2hd711r2dt1aqd83cur@4ax.com> <6ac4e679-e5b7-42c9-8c2a-6242b1a96628n@googlegroups.com> <up4dmi$121lv$2@solani.org> <l1ltstF9t20U1@mid.individual.net> <up4jgk$1278t$1@solani.org> <up4kio$1278t$2@solani.org> <up4kme$1278t$3@solani.org> <l1ns9jFktk7U2@mid.individual.net> <up6tmu$1249h$1@solani.org> <l1ohniFo6hnU2@mid.individual.net> <m79frih4kh3hctj7anqa9i0nqells8iesc@4ax.com> <upa3vt$14ucp$1@solani.org> <4ashri5t79p5ugjvab90oqmugkumr444dd@4ax.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:40:11 -0500
 by: Joel - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 21:40 UTC

chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>Physfitfreak wrote:
>> chrisv wrote:
>>>
>>> I wish there was a name for the gutless cowards who refuse to fix the
>>> system and make it sustainable. Mother fuckers doesn't quite do it.
>>> They are going to have to cut benefits, but only to those of us who
>>> saved. I'm counting on 2/3 of what my supposed benefits are projected
>>> to be.
>>
>> There are think tanks.
>
>It never did take a "think tank" to do the projections on the Social
>Security funding. No genius was required, to foresee the boomers
>retiring and living longer than ever.
>
>Yet they did nothing, and continue to do nothing. Except *accelerate*
>the borrowing, the debt. Like I said, MF'ers doesn't do them justice.

The Republicans don't allow the possibility of expanding revenue, debt
is the option they see as viable, I disagree with it too but it's what
the parties have allowed to be.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<upc82c$161ja$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8932&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8932

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 19:34:04 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 01:34 UTC

On 1/30/2024 6:59 AM, chrisv wrote:
> Physfitfreak wrote:
>
>> chrisv wrote:
>>>
>>> I wish there was a name for the gutless cowards who refuse to fix the
>>> system and make it sustainable. Mother fuckers doesn't quite do it.
>>> They are going to have to cut benefits, but only to those of us who
>>> saved. I'm counting on 2/3 of what my supposed benefits are projected
>>> to be.
>>
>> There are think tanks.
>
> It never did take a "think tank" to do the projections on the Social
> Security funding. No genius was required, to foresee the boomers
> retiring and living longer than ever.
>
> Yet they did nothing, and continue to do nothing. Except *accelerate*
> the borrowing, the debt. Like I said, MF'ers doesn't do them justice.

Foreseeing it wouldn't necessarily prevent it. The solution requires a
few needed changes but nobody really is in control except the
billionaires whose men run the government.

Since the present problem is a result of a cause-effect chain of
processes, correcting matters at one point along that chain may force a
lot of changes, resulting in a healthier system with much more
responsible billionaires.

Example. If government was let to do its work, they could make it
mandatory that a retired person would possess, in advance, at least an
allocation of 30 years expense coverage regardless of him dying earlier
or not, and on top of that, if he dies earlier than the 30 years are
expired, government would have to pay twice the remainder of the
allocated money to his closest family survivors. This, would place the
fate of the retiree in the hands of his family members at least, which
is much safer than the government. And on the other hand, the government
would now do its best for the retire to stay alive at least 30 years
after retiring, so they won't lose extra money.

The way it is right now, serves thieves. That money is in the wrong hands.

With enforcing the change that I just suggested, the government would
have no options left but to tell those who're abusing government money
(war mongers, crooks of all sorts, etc) to go fuck themselves. Things
will get back to normal again.

Can you force your government to make that change? Billionaires think
you cannot because their men are running the government. So the solution
doesn't come via the government as it is now. The way is via billionaires!

You've got to find a way to deal with them. And deal with them so good
that they get scared shitless for their money and lives. Nothing else
will work on them to stop manipulating the government.

And the change suggested above is just an example. There may be better
ways to deal with a diseased government. Think tanks are there to find
such solutions.

Re: GNU/Linux Workout

<65bd618c$0$29769$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9058&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#9058

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: sc@fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Date: 02 Feb 2024 21:41:32 GMT
 by: Stéphane CARPENTIER - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:41 UTC

Le 29-01-2024, Physfitfreak <Physfitfreak@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Tequila can taste very good or horrible, depending on I don't know what.

Not only tequila, every strong alcohol is either very good or very bad.
Alcohol concentrates taste. So when you have a good thing, concentrated
is marvelous, when it's bad, it's horrible. There is no middle way with
strong alcohols.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io