From: ffuentes@r-to-sdf.org (Francisco)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Subject: Do you recommend a PHP Zend Certificate?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 20:58:52 -0400
 by: Francisco - Fri, 21 May 2021 00:58 UTC

Yeah, just that. I was thinking about getting that certificate. Is it
difficult? I'd like to be able to prove I know PHP or at least some of
it. I'm starting my career so I'm not bragging. Do you need an advanced
level to get it?

Re: Do you recommend a PHP Zend Certificate?

<s87e5l$7gh$1@jstuckle.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=188&group=comp.lang.php#188

From: jstucklex@attglobal.net (Jerry Stuckle)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Subject: Re: Do you recommend a PHP Zend Certificate?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 00:49:52 -0400
 by: Jerry Stuckle - Fri, 21 May 2021 04:49 UTC

On 5/20/2021 8:58 PM, Francisco wrote:
> Yeah, just that. I was thinking about getting that certificate. Is it
> difficult? I'd like to be able to prove I know PHP or at least some of
> it. I'm starting my career so I'm not bragging. Do you need an advanced
> level to get it?

It's up to you. But that certificate and $2.75 will get you a cup of
coffee at Starbucks.

I have yet to find any client who has even heard of PHP certification
and couldn't care less if they did. They just want the job done fast,
well and cheap.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Re: Do you recommend a PHP Zend Certificate?

<igp5hnFcr25U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=189&group=comp.lang.php#189

From: user@example.net (J.O. Aho)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 09:24:39 +0200
 by: J.O. Aho - Fri, 21 May 2021 07:24 UTC

On 21/05/2021 02.58, Francisco wrote:
> Yeah, just that. I was thinking about getting that certificate. Is it
> difficult? I'd like to be able to prove I know PHP or at least some of
> it. I'm starting my career so I'm not bragging. Do you need an advanced
> level to get it?

I never seen any, but at the same time I have never looked for a PHP
certification. My experience there never been any need of a such when
applying for a permanent position at a company, it's more common that
you will get a test to solve a coding issue.

Having a computer science degree of some kind of can be good in the
beginning of your care, the computer languages are less important, if
you can code, then it's just about learning the new syntax of the
language to be used.

--

//Aho

Re: Do you recommend a PHP Zend Certificate?

<igs9scFrfoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=193&group=comp.lang.php#193

From: usenet@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 13:57:01 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Sat, 22 May 2021 11:57 UTC

Francisco:

> Yeah, just that. I was thinking about getting that certificate. Is it
> difficult? I'd like to be able to prove I know PHP or at least some of
> it. I'm starting my career so I'm not bragging. Do you need an advanced
> level to get it?

I'm not sure if just having a Zend certificate will really boost your
career.

Nowadays you also need to know Frameworks like Laravel and Symfony. At
Knowing Webpack Encore, Angular and React.js is also often neccessary.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: Do you recommend a PHP Zend Certificate?

<87y2bypwf7.fsf@ahungry.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=214&group=comp.lang.php#214

From: m@ahungry.com (Matthew Carter)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 14:04:12 -0400
sha1:ZQcEdfXBSBf2T7IkKqeTRs7Y1lc=
 by: Matthew Carter - Fri, 28 May 2021 18:04 UTC

Agree with the other replies - the certificate may have been interesting
to some in the early 2000s, but nowadays no one cares.

--
Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
http://ahungry.com