Ma Bell is a mean mother!

devel / comp.lang.javascript / Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

SubjectAuthor
* Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
+* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
| +- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
| `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  +* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  | `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |  `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |   `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |    `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |     `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      +* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      |`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      | `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      |  +- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      |  `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |       `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |        `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |         `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  +* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |`- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|   `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|    `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|     `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|      `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]JJ
 `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
  `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
   `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock

Pages:12
Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<utbql0$pb4i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18396&group=comp.lang.javascript#18396

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:50:07 +0000
 by: John Harris - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:50 UTC

On 18/03/2024 17:49, Mild Shock wrote:
> Then why did you comment here, its was about fetch:
> (identical fetch() command in browser and in nodejs)

<snip>

> Could you enlighten us what you want to discuss?

<snip>

It's not just about fetch. It's also about your overwhelming compulsion
to hurl insults at people. Plus some other ways of being a nuisance.

Best wishes,

John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<utc3sk$1i6k8$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18397&group=comp.lang.javascript#18397

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:27:49 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:27 UTC

You are talking about yourself, right?

John Harris schrieb:
> It's not just about fetch. It's also about your overwhelming compulsion
> to hurl insults at people. Plus some other ways of being a nuisance.

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uu4ufh$1un8b$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18424&group=comp.lang.javascript#18424

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:28:49 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:28 UTC

Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
and then write a blog about it. You could

finally learn something and share your experience
with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.

Please don't disappoint us. You seem to be very
"opinionate" about "isomorphism", so we are very
very currious about your findings.

John Harris schrieb:
> On 13/03/2024 11:57, Mild Shock wrote:
>> Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
>> your head you full time idiot
>   <snip>
>
> Please put your citation before your comment on it.
>
> Also, imitating Pointed Ears is not the most effective way to get your
> point across.
>

>>  >It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>>  > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
>
>   <snip>
>
> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>
>   John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uu4um0$1un8b$4@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18426&group=comp.lang.javascript#18426

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:32:16 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:32 UTC

And please tell Robert Kowalski from Imperial
College London, who is probably paying your
trolling, that he can suck my dick.

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
> Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
> and then write a blog about it. You could
>
> finally learn something and share your experience
> with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
> awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.
>
> Please don't disappoint us. You seem to be very
> "opinionate" about "isomorphism", so we are very
> very currious about your findings.
>
> John Harris schrieb:
>> On 13/03/2024 11:57, Mild Shock wrote:
>>> Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
>>> your head you full time idiot
>>    <snip>
>>
>> Please put your citation before your comment on it.
>>
>> Also, imitating Pointed Ears is not the most effective way to get your
>> point across.
>>

>>>  >It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>>>  > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
>>
>>    <snip>
>>
>> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>>
>>    John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uu4v91$1vau1$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18428&group=comp.lang.javascript#18428

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:42:24 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:42 UTC

Tell him that the UK and Imperial College
have become the tail light of Prolog systems
development. There wasn't much after LPA.

And if I look here, I see SWI-Prolog SWISH
serverside garbage, dating back to 2017.
There is no client side Prolog. What a shame!

Logic Production Systems
http://lps.doc.ic.ac.uk/

Mild Shock schrieb:

> And please tell Robert Kowalski from Imperial
> College London, who is probably paying your
> trolling, that he can suck my dick.
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
>> Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
>> and then write a blog about it. You could
>>
>> finally learn something and share your experience
>> with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
>> awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.
>>
>> Please don't disappoint us. You seem to be very
>> "opinionate" about "isomorphism", so we are very
>> very currious about your findings.
>>
>> John Harris schrieb:
>>>    <snip>
>>>
>>> Please put your citation before your comment on it.
>>>
>>> Also, imitating Pointed Ears is not the most effective way to get
>>> your point across.

>>>    <snip>
>>>
>>> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>>>
>>>    John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uu4vfr$1vau1$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18429&group=comp.lang.javascript#18429

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:46:02 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:46 UTC

This here is utter nonsense. Why can't I
directly use it in the browser?

Bob the simplebot
A game-based approach to teach logic
https://bobthesimplebot.github.io/

This is stone age. And what about tablets
and handies, i.e. iOS and Android?

Fucking morons wasting tax payer money.
Well I don't care, it isn't my tax money.

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Tell him that the UK and Imperial College
> have become the tail light of Prolog systems
> development. There wasn't much after LPA.
>
> And if I look here, I see SWI-Prolog SWISH
> serverside garbage, dating back to 2017.
> There is no client side Prolog. What a shame!
>
> Logic Production Systems
> http://lps.doc.ic.ac.uk/
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> And please tell Robert Kowalski from Imperial
>> College London, who is probably paying your
>> trolling, that he can suck my dick.
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>>
>>> Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
>>> Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
>>> and then write a blog about it. You could
>>>
>>> finally learn something and share your experience
>>> with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
>>> awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.
>>>
>>> Please don't disappoint us. You seem to be very
>>> "opinionate" about "isomorphism", so we are very
>>> very currious about your findings.

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uu4vi0$1vau1$6@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18432&group=comp.lang.javascript#18432

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:47:12 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:47 UTC

The Imperial College needs a big
spanking about "isomorphism".

LoL