Linux is obsolete (Andrew Tanenbaum)

devel / comp.lang.javascript / Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

SubjectAuthor
* Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
+* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
| +- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
| `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  +* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  | `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |  `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |   `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |    `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |     `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      +* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      |`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      | `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      |  +- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      |  `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |      `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |       `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |        `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]John Harris
|  |         `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  +* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  |`- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|  `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|   `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|    `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|     `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
|      `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
`* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]JJ
 `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
  `* Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock
   `- Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]Mild Shock

Pages:12
Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<usquog$19ifk$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18368&group=comp.lang.javascript#18368

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:16:01 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 01:16 UTC

Important information for Lawrence D'Oliveiro.
Basically you need to depend on a 3rd party that
did implememt the xmlhttprequest node module.

Namely this here:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/xmlhttprequest

You also need to install it besides the node.js
installation itself. You need to install the
node module package xmlhttprequest.

With fetch() you only need to install node.js,
and nothing else. Because since release 21,
fetch() is already part of native Node.js.

I wrote this already, but I can repeat it of
course again and again and again for you:

> Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
> The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
> an important change to the fetch module as well as
> WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
> after a recent update.
https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce

Please feel free to ask more questions if
your skull can not digest the information of
a difference between these two concepts:
- 3rd party API
- native API

Best is if you open a separate thread to
cleanup your confusion. Or see a psychatrist.

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Natively Node.js does not provide the browser XHR API.
> There is, however, a node module xmlhttprequest that does.
>
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro schrieb:
>> On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 00:19:57 +0100, Mild Shock wrote:
>>
>>> The same code runs on nodeJS.
>>> No need to install some XHR library.
>>
>> You don’t know how to use XMLHttpRequest directly?

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<usqvtu$19j2p$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18369&group=comp.lang.javascript#18369

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:35:59 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 01:35 UTC

I guess using XHR API is called "flogging
a dead horse". But actually I don't know
whether XHR API is dead or still alive.

Since I am a late adopter, I directly
adopted fetch API and never adopted XHR API.
Well its not 100% true, I did a little XHR,

before I switched to fetch. But I have no clue
about the feature matrix between fetch and XHR
or other weighting that would give a preference

over one or the other API. I simply don't care,
for me the most important factor is
"no 3rd party dependence".

Also W3C has given up on XHR 2:

Work on this document has been discontinued and it should not be
referenced or used as a basis for implementation. Please refer to the
XMLHttpRequest Living Standard for the latest available specification of
this API.
https://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest2/

If I consults this news feed:

https://twitter.com/xhrstandard

Its full of do this like fetch() and
do that like fetch(). So they are indeed
flogging a dead horse.

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Important information for Lawrence D'Oliveiro.
> Basically you need to depend on a 3rd party that
> did implememt the xmlhttprequest node module.
>
> Namely this here:
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/xmlhttprequest
>
> You also need to install it besides the node.js
> installation itself. You need to install the
> node module package xmlhttprequest.
>
> With fetch() you only need to install node.js,
> and nothing else. Because since release 21,
> fetch() is already part of native Node.js.
>
> I wrote this already, but I can repeat it of
> course again and again and again for you:
>
> > Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
> > The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
> > an important change to the fetch module as well as
> > WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
> > after a recent update.
> https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce
>
> Please feel free to ask more questions if
> your skull can not digest the information of
> a difference between these two concepts:
> - 3rd party API
> - native API
>
> Best is if you open a separate thread to
> cleanup your confusion. Or see a psychatrist.
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
> > Natively Node.js does not provide the browser XHR API.
> > There is, however, a node module xmlhttprequest that does.
> >
> > Lawrence D'Oliveiro schrieb:

> >> You don’t know how to use XMLHttpRequest directly?

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uss4b0$1a4ci$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18372&group=comp.lang.javascript#18372

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:57:22 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 11:57 UTC

Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
your head you full time idiot Lawrence D'Oliveiro?
The blistering moron still insists:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:05:10 +0100, Mild Shock wrote:
>
>> Natively Node.js does not provide the browser XHR API.
>
> Browsers do, though.

Please go see a psychatrist, the point of
departure of my post was this advertisement,
which adresses the problem how to have

a single application code base for both browser
and node.JS, which you can also archive by using
3rd party node XHR API module. Or the 3rd party

library AXIOS is yet another alternative:

> Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
> and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
> module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
https://axios-http.com/docs/intro

I then remarked that AXIOS isn't necessary anymore,
since fetch() is also isomorphic among Browser
and Node.js since release 21.x.x. With the benefit

that you wont have any 3rd party dependency anymore,
with fetch() everything will be native,
in the browser and in node.JS:

> Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
> The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
> an important change to the fetch module as well as
> WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
> after a recent update.
https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce

What don't you understand here? How stupid on
a scale of 1-1000 are you? Level 9000 stupid?

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uss4ij$1a4lg$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18374&group=comp.lang.javascript#18374

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:01:25 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:01 UTC

Maybe its a language problem, what is your native
language Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid>.
Do you understand what AXIOS advertizes, and

what they mean when they write "same codebase"?
Any idea what "same [application] codebase
[across browser and node.JS"] could mean?

Or are you simply too lazy to read what people cite?

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
> your head you full time idiot Lawrence D'Oliveiro?
> The blistering moron still insists:
> > On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:05:10 +0100, Mild Shock wrote:
> >
> >> Natively Node.js does not provide the browser XHR API.
> >
> > Browsers do, though.
>
> Please go see a psychatrist, the point of
> departure of my post was this advertisement,
> which adresses the problem how to have
>
> a single application code base for both browser
> and node.JS, which you can also archive by using
> 3rd party node XHR API module. Or the 3rd party
>
> library AXIOS is yet another alternative:
>
> > Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
> > and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> > On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
> > module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
> https://axios-http.com/docs/intro
>
> I then remarked that AXIOS isn't necessary anymore,
> since fetch() is also isomorphic among Browser
> and Node.js since release 21.x.x. With the benefit
>
> that you wont have any 3rd party dependency anymore,
> with fetch() everything will be native,
> in the browser and in node.JS:
>
> > Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
> > The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
> > an important change to the fetch module as well as
> > WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
> > after a recent update.
> https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce
>
> What don't you understand here? How stupid on
> a scale of 1-1000 are you? Level 9000 stupid?

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<1clu637150wl5.locsf12fk0z0.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18375&group=comp.lang.javascript#18375

From: jj4public@outlook.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:24:17 +0700
 by: JJ - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:24 UTC

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:16:01 +0100, Mild Shock wrote:
> Important information for Lawrence D'Oliveiro.
> Basically you need to depend on a 3rd party that
> did implememt the xmlhttprequest node module.
>
> Namely this here:
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/xmlhttprequest
>
> You also need to install it besides the node.js
> installation itself. You need to install the
> node module package xmlhttprequest.
>
> With fetch() you only need to install node.js,
> and nothing else. Because since release 21,
> fetch() is already part of native Node.js.
>
> I wrote this already, but I can repeat it of
> course again and again and again for you:
>
> > Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
> > The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
> > an important change to the fetch module as well as
> > WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
> > after a recent update.
> https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce
>
> Please feel free to ask more questions if
> your skull can not digest the information of
> a difference between these two concepts:
> - 3rd party API
> - native API
>
> Best is if you open a separate thread to
> cleanup your confusion. Or see a psychatrist.
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
> > Natively Node.js does not provide the browser XHR API.
> > There is, however, a node module xmlhttprequest that does.
> >
> > Lawrence D'Oliveiro schrieb:

> >> You don’t know how to use XMLHttpRequest directly?

Isn't that a matter of API specifications? Where Fetch is part of ECMAScript
specification, and XMLHttpRequest is part of DOM specification.

Node.js is only an implementation of ECMAScript. It doesn't have any for
DOM. i.e. no XMLHttpRequest, by default.

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uss6s7$1a5rg$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18376&group=comp.lang.javascript#18376

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:40:39 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:40 UTC

I made a DOM example with fetch. You need to
lookup webstreams. Node.JS braught both
webstreams AND fetch. I posted this example,

maybe it was in another thread. But here it is again.
You get the most bang out of fetch, when you use
it with webstreams. Here is a little example:

await response.body
.pipeThrough(new TextDecoderStream())
.pipeTo(targetDiv.writable)

See also here:

Streaming element with backpressure demo
https://streams.spec.whatwg.org/demos/streaming-element-backpressure.html

Here is the node.JS announcement again, it
brings webstreams AND fetch, 2 modules
(in words **TWO** modules):

> Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
> The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
> an important change to the fetch module as well as
> WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
> after a recent update.
https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce

But I don't know the exact feature matrice,
between fetch and XHR. Maybe googling you find
somebody who made such a feature matrice, comparing

the two with respect to functional and non-functional
requirements implemented.

JJ schrieb:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:16:01 +0100, Mild Shock wrote:
>> Important information for Lawrence D'Oliveiro.
>> Basically you need to depend on a 3rd party that
>> did implememt the xmlhttprequest node module.
>>
>> Namely this here:
>> https://www.npmjs.com/package/xmlhttprequest
>>
>> You also need to install it besides the node.js
>> installation itself. You need to install the
>> node module package xmlhttprequest.
>>
>> With fetch() you only need to install node.js,
>> and nothing else. Because since release 21,
>> fetch() is already part of native Node.js.
>>
>> I wrote this already, but I can repeat it of
>> course again and again and again for you:
>>
>> > Notable Changes - Oct 17, 2023
>> > The recent update to Node.js, version 21, includes
>> > an important change to the fetch module as well as
>> > WebStreams . Both modules were marked as stable
>> > after a recent update.
>> https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce
>>
>> Please feel free to ask more questions if
>> your skull can not digest the information of
>> a difference between these two concepts:
>> - 3rd party API
>> - native API
>>
>> Best is if you open a separate thread to
>> cleanup your confusion. Or see a psychatrist.
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb:
>> > Natively Node.js does not provide the browser XHR API.
>> > There is, however, a node module xmlhttprequest that does.

> Isn't that a matter of API specifications? Where Fetch is part of ECMAScript
> specification, and XMLHttpRequest is part of DOM specification.
>
> Node.js is only an implementation of ECMAScript. It doesn't have any for
> DOM. i.e. no XMLHttpRequest, by default.

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<uss81o$1a6hb$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18377&group=comp.lang.javascript#18377

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:00:39 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:00 UTC

The internet is full of fetch examples, where
some JSON is fetched and then converted into DOM.
Thats the alternative world, alternative to

the world, where one would directly fetch XML,
and add it to the DOM. The JSON might also come
from a web socket. It implements a kind of

Model–view–controller
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller

At least if one indentifies the JSON with the model
and the XML with the view. There are also many
frameworks like angularJS that support such MVC.

But then there is svelte, which is more DOM based
again. Pros and cons of fetch versus XHR is wide
field. My choice of fetch isn't based on any of

such comparison. All that counts for my choice is
"no 3rd party dependence". But you can also
more directly fetch XML with fetch(), like here:

async function display(){
const xmlFetch = await fetch("./yourXMLorXSL.xml")
const xmlText = await xmlFetch.text()
const xml = (new DOMParser()).parseFromString(xmlText, "text/xml")
console.log(xml)
}

Which would be a replacement of XMLHttpRequest: responseXML,
expressed in "direct style" programming with
async/await. Not the promise/thenable hell with .then().

But DOMParser isn't natively available on node.JS right?
You would need a third party in node.JS?

<uss8d4$1a6on$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18378&group=comp.lang.javascript#18378

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:06:43 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:06 UTC

So maybe we have found the first weak spot
in the feature matrice, where still a 3rd party
is needed. Namely a replacement for:

XMLHttpRequest.responseXML

In my case for Dogelog Player, since there is
nowhere some support of XML, except for a
module library(markup) which supports creating

XML, but reading of XML is not in the scope,
I don't have any such requirement, to have
an isomorphic library that also supports

XMLHttpRequest.responseXML, so I am not affected,
by this gap in the isomorphism. But other projects
might be indeed affected. Anyway might post

should be read in the context I posted it. I
remarked for Dogelog Player, that it is now
fetch() everywhere. Which is possible since we

currently have no XML reading requirement.

Mild Shock schrieb:
> The internet is full of fetch examples, where
> some JSON is fetched and then converted into DOM.
> Thats the alternative world, alternative to
>
> the world, where one would directly fetch XML,
> and add it to the DOM. The JSON might also come
> from a web socket. It implements a kind of
>
> Model–view–controller
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller
>
> At least if one indentifies the JSON with the model
> and the XML with the view. There are also many
> frameworks like angularJS that support such MVC.
>
> But then there is svelte, which is more DOM based
> again. Pros and cons of fetch versus XHR is wide
> field. My choice of fetch isn't based on any of
>
> such  comparison. All that counts for my choice is
> "no 3rd party dependence". But you can also
> more directly fetch XML with fetch(), like here:
>
> async function display(){
>     const xmlFetch = await fetch("./yourXMLorXSL.xml")
>     const xmlText = await xmlFetch.text()
>     const xml = (new DOMParser()).parseFromString(xmlText, "text/xml")
>     console.log(xml)
> }
>
> Which would be a replacement of XMLHttpRequest: responseXML,
> expressed in "direct style" programming with
> async/await. Not the promise/thenable hell with .then().
>
> But DOMParser isn't natively available on node.JS right?
> You would need a third party in node.JS?

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ussesv$10bhu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18379&group=comp.lang.javascript#18379

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:57:35 +0000
 by: John Harris - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:57 UTC

On 13/03/2024 11:57, Mild Shock wrote:
> Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
> your head you full time idiot
<snip>

Please put your citation before your comment on it.

Also, imitating Pointed Ears is not the most effective way to get your
point across.

> >It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).

<snip>

That isn't what isomorphic means.

John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ussim3$1amvp$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18380&group=comp.lang.javascript#18380

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:02:12 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:02 UTC

Second full time idiot John Harris schrieb:
>>It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> That isn't what isomorphic means.

Tell it the Axios marketing department, I was
citing the Axios website. Its not the invention
of me, I am just citing some marketing brochure:

> Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
> and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
> module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
https://axios-http.com/docs/intro

When you go to their website, the word isomorphic
has a link behind which is pointing to. They have
even boosted their marketing hype there:

What is an isomorphic application?Isomorphic applications are fast, SEO
friendly, and help you to write less
codehttps://www.lullabot.com/articles/what-is-an-isomorphic-application

Feel free to reach either web site, with your Grammar
Nazi findings that are surely very very important.

But I have nothing to do with it. Again let me repeat
you guys are complete confused, and 9000 level stupid
on a scale of 1-1000, because you cannot read a citation!!!

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ussipj$1amvp$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18381&group=comp.lang.javascript#18381

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:04:03 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:04 UTC

Number 2 full time idiot John Harris schrieb:
>> It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> That isn't what isomorphic means.

Tell it the Axios marketing department, I was
citing the Axios website. Its not the invention
of me, I am just citing some marketing brochure:

> Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
> and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
> module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
https://axios-http.com/docs/intro

When you go to their website, the word isomorphic
has a link behind which is pointing to. They have
even boosted their marketing hype there:

What is an isomorphic application?Isomorphic applications
are fast, SEO friendly, and help you to write less code
https://www.lullabot.com/articles/what-is-an-isomorphic-application

Feel free to reach either web site, with your Grammar
Nazi findings that are surely very very important here.

But I have nothing to do with it. Again let me repeat
you guys are completely confused, and 9000 level stupid

John Harris schrieb:
> On 13/03/2024 11:57, Mild Shock wrote:
>> Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
>> your head you full time idiot
>   <snip>
>
> Please put your citation before your comment on it.
>
> Also, imitating Pointed Ears is not the most effective way to get your
> point across.
>

>>  >It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>>  > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
>
>   <snip>
>
> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>
>   John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ussjbf$1anbg$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18382&group=comp.lang.javascript#18382

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:13:35 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:13 UTC

My Axios fetch() remark was not meant
as a idiot honey pot. But anyway, please
folks go on, show your precious ability

to become laughing stock of the internet,
even after Google has stopped supporting
USENET. I mean who doesn't like a shitstorm

where idiots expose themselves that they
cannot read? Pitty I cannot make a Google Group
link with my initial post. Maybe I find

another website to post a link, and avoid
that more nectar hungry internet bees fall
into this honey pot. Give me some time,

maybe I find a website, so that the old Google
Group feeling can be restored?

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Number 2 full time idiot John Harris schrieb:
> >> It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> >> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> > That isn't what isomorphic means.
>
> Tell it the Axios marketing department, I was
> citing the Axios website. Its not the invention
> of me, I am just citing some marketing brochure:
>
> > Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
> > and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
> > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
> > On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
> > module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
> https://axios-http.com/docs/intro
>
> When you go to their website, the word isomorphic
> has a link behind which is pointing to. They have
> even boosted their marketing hype there:
>
> What is an isomorphic application?Isomorphic applications
> are fast, SEO friendly, and help you to write less code
> https://www.lullabot.com/articles/what-is-an-isomorphic-application
>
> Feel free to reach either web site, with your Grammar
> Nazi findings that are surely very very important here.
>
> But I have nothing to do with it. Again let me repeat
> you guys are completely confused, and 9000 level stupid
> on a scale of 1-1000, because you cannot read a citation!!!
>
> John Harris schrieb:
>> On 13/03/2024 11:57, Mild Shock wrote:
>>> Why post in a forum about stuff that is way over
>>> your head you full time idiot
>>    <snip>
>>
>> Please put your citation before your comment on it.
>>
>> Also, imitating Pointed Ears is not the most effective way to get your
>> point across.
>>

>>>  >It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>>>  > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
>>
>>    <snip>
>>
>> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>>
>>    John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<usvhdi$1ppem$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18383&group=comp.lang.javascript#18383

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:58:57 +0000
 by: John Harris - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:58 UTC

On 13/03/2024 16:02, Mild Shock wrote:
> Second full time idiot John Harris schrieb:

My word, you are in a tizzy.

>>> It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>>> the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
>> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>
> Tell it the Axios marketing department, I was
> citing the Axios website. Its not the invention
> of me, I am just citing some marketing brochure:

There's no need to get so aerated.

Sounds like someone used a technical word to sound more impressive.
Identical API is probably what they are trying to say.

<snip>
> Again let me repeat
> you guys are complete confused, and 9000 level stupid
> on a scale of 1-1000, because you cannot read a citation!!!

And you cannot react calmly to reasonable comments.

John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut12nn$1ct4e$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18384&group=comp.lang.javascript#18384

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:00:40 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:00 UTC

John Harris schrieb:
> And you cannot react calmly to reasonable comments.

As calm as you are:

John Harris schrieb:
> My word, you are in a tizzy.

Get lost asshole.

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut1kl1$2a9q7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18385&group=comp.lang.javascript#18385

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:06:25 +0000
 by: John Harris - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:06 UTC

On 15/03/2024 09:00, Mild Shock wrote:

<snip>
> John Harris schrieb:
> > My word, you are in a tizzy.
>
> Get lost asshole.

My word, you really can't react calmly to reasonable comments.

John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut1o34$1d8fo$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18386&group=comp.lang.javascript#18386

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:05:09 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:05 UTC

Nobody cares, asshole.

John Harris schrieb:
> On 15/03/2024 09:00, Mild Shock wrote:
>
>   <snip>
>> John Harris schrieb:
>>  > My word, you are in a tizzy.
>>
>> Get lost asshole.
>
> My word, you really can't react calmly to reasonable comments.
>
>   John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut4cqr$2uf9k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18387&group=comp.lang.javascript#18387

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 15:11:22 +0000
 by: John Harris - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 15:11 UTC

On 15/03/2024 15:05, Mild Shock wrote:
> Nobody cares, asshole.

<snip>

comp.lang.javascript people think the same about your many, many
announcements of new or enhanced prolog keywords.

John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut4jr6$1eoed$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18388&group=comp.lang.javascript#18388

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:11:04 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:11 UTC

Now you are talking, thats your real motivation?
It wasn't about fetch? You got an issue with Prolog?

Anyway nobody cares about your confusion, either fetch()
or Prolog. Go see a psychatrist quickly, asshole.

John Harris schrieb:
> On 15/03/2024 15:05, Mild Shock wrote:
>> Nobody cares, asshole.
>
>   <snip>
>
> comp.lang.javascript people think the same about your many, many
> announcements of new or enhanced prolog keywords.
>
>   John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut4k8n$1eonq$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18389&group=comp.lang.javascript#18389

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:18:16 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:18 UTC

The treatement I demonstrated of your miserable
existence is based that one could recognize the foul

smell already from your first post. You already have
a track record of being a complete asshole:

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.javascript/c/ijqyFiPIhuw/m/K4cm8ZA5AQAJ

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Now you are talking, thats your real motivation?
> It wasn't about fetch? You got an issue with Prolog?
>
> Anyway nobody cares about your confusion, either fetch()
> or Prolog. Go see a psychatrist quickly, asshole.
>
> John Harris schrieb:
>> On 15/03/2024 15:05, Mild Shock wrote:
>>> Nobody cares, asshole.
>>
>>    <snip>
>>
>> comp.lang.javascript people think the same about your many, many
>> announcements of new or enhanced prolog keywords.
>>
>>    John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut4kvl$1ep3c$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18390&group=comp.lang.javascript#18390

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:30:31 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:30 UTC

Advice for asshole John Harris <niam@jghnorth.org.uk>:

Not all people are interested in excelling in
foul smell, you could show better life goals.

Since you wrote this thesis:
https://www.jghnorth.org.uk/thesis/Thesis.pdf

You should have no problems with Prolog.
Just admit that you think that Dogelog Player

is one of the coolest Prolog systems on this planet,
and that you are playing Sudoku just now:

Example 23: Spock Doku
https://www.xlog.ch/runtab/doclet/docs/06_demo/solver/example23/package.html

LoL

Mild Shock schrieb:

> The treatement I demonstrated of your miserable
> existence is based that one could recognize the foul
>
> smell already from your first post. You already have
> a track record of being a complete asshole:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.javascript/c/ijqyFiPIhuw/m/K4cm8ZA5AQAJ
>

> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> Now you are talking, thats your real motivation?
>> It wasn't about fetch? You got an issue with Prolog?
>>
>> Anyway nobody cares about your confusion, either fetch()
>> or Prolog. Go see a psychatrist quickly, asshole.
>>
>> John Harris schrieb:
>>>
>>>    <snip>
>>>
>>> comp.lang.javascript people think the same about your many, many
>>> announcements of new or enhanced prolog keywords.
>>>
>>>    John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut4mp3$1eq6g$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18391&group=comp.lang.javascript#18391

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 19:01:08 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:01 UTC

Here is a comparison to some other online Sudokus:

- Offline Solution:
Our solution can be played completely offline,
doesn't need server roundtrip for game logic,
neither to generate a sudoku, nor for anything else.
Once the Prolog texts are loaded its autonomous.

This is unlike this SWI-Prolog Server solution,
which requires server interaction:

Sudoku Solver - 2005 Brandsma
https://sudokusolver.nl/

- Speedy Solution:
Our solution has a relatively fast Sudoku generator,
but I guess we can even make it a little faster,
I am currently researching to make it a tick faster.
But I have the feeling we are faster than
this JavaScript solver:

? Sudoku Core ? - Komeil Mehranfar
https://sudoku.komeilmehranfar.com/

- Ergonomic Solution:
We do not commit some ergonomic errors. For example
we have actions digit first then cell. And not the
nonsense of actions cell first and then digit. Also
we provide a redo not only an undo. So we do not provide
same nonsense as here:

? Sudoku Core ? - Komeil Mehranfar
https://sudoku.komeilmehranfar.com/

Sudoku - raetsel.ch
https://www.20min.ch/sudoku

- Not a Fubar Solution:
Not a fucked up beyond all recognition solution.
No need to register, one can play immediately annonymous.
Not a page that spams you with adds, i.e. that works like
YouTube Ad spamming. This is unlike a trend demonstrated
here, to include Sudoku in some customer retention and
and customer impression strategy concept, up to the point
to invent new rules like maximum number of mistakes, which
never existend on paper / pencil:

NZZ Sudoku - kr3m
https://spiele.nzz.ch/sudoku/

Sudoku - Easybrain
https://sudoku.com/

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Advice for asshole John Harris <niam@jghnorth.org.uk>:
>
> Not all people are interested in excelling in
> foul smell, you could show better life goals.
>
> Since you wrote this thesis:
> https://www.jghnorth.org.uk/thesis/Thesis.pdf
>
> You should have no problems with Prolog.
> Just admit that you think that Dogelog Player
>
> is one of the coolest Prolog systems on this planet,
> and that you are playing Sudoku just now:
>
> Example 23: Spock Doku
> https://www.xlog.ch/runtab/doclet/docs/06_demo/solver/example23/package.html
>

> LoL

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut4n0n$1eqdl$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18392&group=comp.lang.javascript#18392

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 19:05:12 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:05 UTC

Whats also creates, you can see it when
you type tic-tac-toe into google search and
when it shows you a little tic-tac-toe.

Absolutely crazy, this Google tic-tac-toe
sends a little ping to the server for every
click, i.e. game move, you make:

Navigator: sendBeacon() method
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Navigator/sendBeacon

Not sure whether this is intended, to have
each game move notified to the server. But
I guess it has to do with metrics, as shown here:

Game Performance
Total clicks - Total impressions
https://kr3m.com/

<ut4n7d$1eqg1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18393&group=comp.lang.javascript#18393

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 19:08:46 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:08 UTC

Whats also crazy, you can see it when
you type tic-tac-toe into google search and
when it shows you a little tic-tac-toe.

Absolutely crazy, this Google tic-tac-toe
sends a little ping to the server for every
click, i.e. game move, you make:

Navigator: sendBeacon() method
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Navigator/sendBeacon

Not sure whether this is intended, to have
each game move notified to the server. But
I guess it has to do with metrics, as shown here:

Game Performance
Total clicks - Total impressions
https://kr3m.com/

Now I started using the Brave browser, the brave
Brave doesn't allow the pings, it give this
error, this explains why even pages without visible

ads have high blocked events counts:

POST
https://www.google.com/gen_204?atyp=i&ei=1t_1ZeaMNKDwi-gP99-hyAY&ct=kptm:il&iw=918&ih=426&r=1&sh=456&sw=939&tmw=374&tmh=264&nvi=4&eg=0&zx=1710612453398&opi=89978449

net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

<ut9jfi$79qd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18394&group=comp.lang.javascript#18394

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:35:30 +0000
 by: John Harris - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:35 UTC

On 16/03/2024 17:11, Mild Shock wrote:

> Now you are talking, thats your real motivation?
> It wasn't about fetch? You got an issue with Prolog?
>
> Anyway nobody cares about your confusion, either fetch()
> or Prolog. Go see a psychatrist quickly, asshole.

You're the one who is confused. I haven't said anything about fetch.

<snip>

comp.lang.javascript doesn't like people who top post.

John

Re: Difference between 3rd party and native [Confusion by Lawrence D'Oliveiro]

<ut9urs$1h5ad$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18395&group=comp.lang.javascript#18395

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
D'Oliveiro]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:49:49 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:49 UTC

Then why did you comment here, its was about fetch:
(identical fetch() command in browser and in nodejs)

>> >It is isomorphic (= it can run in
>> > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
>
> <snip>
>
> That isn't what isomorphic means.
>
> John

Could you enlighten us what you want to discuss?