From: java@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.misc,misc.news.internet.discuss
Subject: Re: Massive reddit Movement to Ban All Dissenting Coronavirus
Information Even Harder
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:18:28 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:18 UTC

On 30/08/2021 02:05, A Voice in the Wilderness? wrote:

> https://dailystormer.su/massive-reddit-movement-to-ban-all-dissenting-coronavirus-information-even-harder/
>
> Massive reddit Movement to Ban All Dissenting Coronavirus Information Even Harder
>
> Andrew Anglin
> August 29, 2021
>
> I saw this pinned at the top of r/News:
>
> h t t p s : / / d a i l y s t o r m e r . s u / w p - c o n t e n t / u p l o a d s / 2 0 2 1 / 0 8 / 2 0 2 1 - 0 8 - 2 9 - 0 9 . 1 5 . 0 0 - w w w . r e d d i t . c o m - 6 8 1 5 c 4 8 8 7 f 3 a . p n g

[Fake news URL munged to prevent it being boosted in search engines]

"HOAX WATCH Exposing the endless series of nonsense from the J e w s
and w o m e n"

So obviously a fake news site for anti-semitism, misogyny, and probably
also the usual broad range of right-wing bigotries. No need to read
further.

> I clicked through to the thread,
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/vaxxhappened/comments/pbe8nj/we_call_upon_reddit_to_take_action_against_the/

"We call upon Reddit to take action against the rampant Coronavirus
misinformation on their website.

Everyone on this planet has been affected by the
SARS-Cov-2/Coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic. You may have been in lockdown,
you may have been forced to work under some form of duress, you may have
lost a loved one to the disease, you may be left with long term side
effects of the illness, you may have found that regular food, housing,
and/or medical care is less attainable or more expensive now.

We could have been better off months ago, but disinformation and lies
have been allowed to spread readily through inaction and malice, and
have dragged this on at the cost of lives. There are those who deny that
the pandemic even exists, there are those who think that wearing a mask
will literally suffocate you, there are those who think it's no worse
than a regular flu virus, that it's a bioweapon, and everything in
between. This volume of blatant misinformation is problematic and dangerous.

It is clear that even after promising to tackle the problem of
misinformation on this site, nothing of substance has been done aside
from quarantining a medium sized subreddit, which barely reduces traffic
and does little to stop misinformation."

Can't disagree with that. See my sig.

> For example, the coroner recently ruled that a BBC presenter, Lisa Shaw,
> had died from the vaccine. What the reddit thread claims is that it is
> impossible to die from the vaccine, and any information which leads
> people to believe it is possible to die from the vaccine should be
> suppressed. That would mean that the BBC's own article about their own
> presenter dying of the vaccine would have to be suppressed, and anyone
> who posted it would be banned.

Lisa Shaw: Presenter's death due to complications of Covid vaccine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58330796

The presenter's death is unfortunate but true, so how could merely
reporting that be construed as misinformation? What would be
misinformation, as you are appearing to attempt, is to deduce from the
sad death of one person that vaccines are dangerous and should be
avoided. *THAT* would be misinformation. The slight dangers of the
vaccine itself are vastly outweighed by the *SAME* dangers from the
coronavirus itself, so vaccines represent a reduction of personal risk
against which it is irrational and nonsensical to argue.

Covid: Vaccine complications dwarfed by virus risks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58347434

"A major review of vaccines suggests the AstraZeneca jab does raise the
risk of blood clots and another serious condition that can cause bleeding.

But the study found the risk of such problems following a coronavirus
infection was still much higher.

The University of Oxford-led team also found an increased risk of stroke
after the Pfizer jab - but again at a much lower rate than after infection.

The team said it once again showed the "substantial" benefit of
vaccination."

> Probably, reddit is the purest example on earth of organized cult
> groupthink in support of the government and media. But it is still
> amazing to see how hardcore these people are.

I don't use it, but to me, as a centrist, the above sounds like the
usual sort of right-wing bias to me.

> Their argument, of course, is that it is the fault of people being
> allowed to freely share information that the "pandemic" has not ended.

> Like every other aspect of the coronavirus hoax,

Fake news reported to a b u s e @ m i x m i n . n e t

If it's a hoax, how come all those people died?

> this is demonstrably false. Israel has proved this. >
> American Association for the Advancement of Science, August 16:
>
> https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta
>
>> Israel has among the world's highest levels of vaccination for COVID-19,
>> with 78% of those 12 and older fully vaccinated, the vast majority with
>> the Pfizer vaccine. Yet the country is now logging one of the world's
>> highest infection rates, with nearly 650 new cases daily per million
>> people. More than half are in fully vaccinated people, underscoring the
>> extraordinary transmissibility of the Delta variant and stoking concerns
>> that the benefits of vaccination ebb over time.
>>
>> The sheer number of vaccinated Israelis means some breakthrough
>> infections were inevitable, and the unvaccinated are still far more
>> likely to end up in the hospital or die. But Israel's experience is
>> forcing the booster issue onto the radar for other nations, suggesting
>> as it does that even the best vaccinated countries will face a Delta
>> surge.

The same is happening in the UK, particularly ATM Scotland, but there is
nothing surprising about this. We'll need boosters just as we do for
the flu jabs. It was always a high possibility, and sadly is now
beginning to look a certainty. However, the good news is that smaller
proportions of those infected who have been vaccinated are ending up in
hospital or dying, so the vaccines are still being immensely helpful in
saving lives and avoiding needless suffering.

> Obviously, introducing this "Delta variant" was simply a way to explain
> why you need to keep taking more and more vaccines.

Fake news reported to a b u s e @ m i x m i n . n e t

> But whatever you
> believe about this, it is simply a fact that even if everyone believed
> exactly as the media and government are telling them to believe, the
> "pandemic" would still be ongoing.

Of course, no-one's denying that, but it's still the case that fake news
such as you are propagandising here is dangerous at worst, unhelpful at
best. In an ideal world, fake news traffickers like you wouldn't exist,
but as your idiotic post proves we don't live in an ideal world, and
therefore it is necessary for society to protect itself against the
peddlers of propaganda like you. Hence my reporting you to the abuse
address of your news server.

> h t t p s : / / d a i l y s t o r m e r . s u / w p - c o n t e n t / u p l o a d s / 2 0 2 1 / 0 8 / S c r e e n - S h o t - 2 0 2 1 - 0 8 - 2 9 - a t - 1 0 . 0 0 . 5 4 - A M . p n g

[Fake news URL munged to prevent it being boosted in search engines]

> Iceland is even more vaccinated than Israel, and they are also
> experiencing a "surge" of the "Delta variant."

Again, sadly, not news, and not surprising.

> The health authorities have been wrong about absolutely everything, and
> if the censorship policy was that no one is allowed to disagree with the
> government and media, then back in early 2020, you would have been
> censored for saying people should wear masks, as at that time, the
> government and media were telling people not to wear masks.

It is a simple fact that wearing masks helps prevent infection, mostly
from the wearer to others, less so from others to the wearer, so it's a
"I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine" thing, I wear a mask to
protect you, you should wear a mask to protect me.

Visualizing Speech-Generated Oral Fluid Droplets with Laser Light Scattering
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

8 dangerous COVID-19 face mask myths you need to stop believing
https://www.cnet.com/health/8-dangerous-covid-19-face-mask-myths-you-need-to-stop-believing/

> We saw this with the Lab Leak hoax – Facebook had been banning people
> for saying the supposed virus leaked from a lab, then when the media and
> government started claiming that it leaked from a lab, Facebook
> announced that they would no longer be banning people for that.
>
> h t t p s : / / d a i l y s t o r m e r . s u / w p - c o n t e n t / u p l o a d s / 2 0 2 1 / 0 8 / S c r e e n - S h o t - 2 0 2 1 - 0 8 - 2 9 - a t - 1 0 . 0 0 . 0 3 - A M . p n g

[Fake news URL munged to prevent it being boosted in search engines]

AFAIAA there remains no *ACTUAL EVIDENCE* that the virus leaked from any
lab, and until there is *ACTUAL EVIDENCE*, this is just fake news that,
if nothing else, makes it more difficult to establish exactly where the
virus *DID ACTUALLY* cross over into humans. We know it was in China,
but as long groundless accusations against the Chinese and the work of
one particular laboratory are kept in circulation, the more reluctant
will the Chinese authorities be to collaborate with western experts to
establish the true chain of infection back to its source, and with every
day that passes any genomic evidence back along the trail gets more
diluted with waning signals being overwritten by new infections, etc,
and thus harder to pin down.

> The ideology of mass censorship is utterly insane, and no one who
> believes in objective truth can also believe in mass censorship of
> information. The only people who believe in mass censorship of
> information are cultists that worship authority.

Mass censorship is not the issue here. In no country in the world is
there has there ever been such a thing as free speech. All countries in
the world have laws governing what may or may not be said, and one of
the most common underlying principles of such laws is a requirement for
truth. The censorship only of those who lie is not 'mass censorship',
and should not be confused with it, so the above is a typical right-wing
attempt to fire an emotive trigger rather than argue rationally.

> This speaks to the fact that there is an underlying philosophical rot
> behind this entire coronavirus hoax.

Fake news reported to a b u s e @ m i x m i n . n e t

> To wit: a certain portion of the
> population, made up primarily of women and feminized men who did not
> have strong father figures, believe that the government should be their
> daddy and all of the citizens should be little babies whose lives are
> controlled by daddy.

Again an attempt to pull emotional levers rather than argue rationally,
in other words to inflame rather than inform.

> h t t p s : / / d a i l y s t o r m e r . s u / w p - c o n t e n t / u p l o a d s / 2 0 2 1 / 0 8 / d o w n l o a d - 8 . p n g

[Fake news URL munged to prevent it being boosted in search engines]

> I mentioned this in an earlier piece today about the fact that New
> Zealand is telling people they can't go see the whales: the initial
> claim by the government that they had a right to make your decisions for
> you with regards to what risk you were allowed to take was the original
> folly of this entire program.

Up til now, New Zealand has contained this virus probably better than
any other country, certainly better than the UK or the US or most other
western nations. Today, sadly, it has been reported that Australia
reached its 1000th death, while the UK has had over 132,000 and a few
days ago when I last looked on a population basis had the 21st worst
death rate in the world. Would that we had been governed even half as
intelligently as New Zealand or even Australia!

> We are grown men. We have a right to make our own decisions about what
> we do, about what we read, about what we think. Even if there was a
> deadly virus, that would not change. If we allow all of our freedoms to
> be taken away because of a virus, we never had those freedoms in the
> first place, and they can now be suspended for any other reason.

If you lived alone in the world, that would be a reasonable argument,
but like it or not you have to share this world with nearly 8 billion
other people, and therefore there are times when your personal freedoms
are impositions on other people's freedom, and your so-called 'rights'
have to be balanced against the equally valid 'rights' of others.
Didn't your parents teach you these infantilely obvious points when you
were a toddler?

> h t t p s : / / d a i l y s t o r m e r . s u / w p - c o n t e n t / u p l o a d s / 2 0 2 1 / 0 8 / S c r e e n - S h o t - 2 0 2 1 - 0 8 - 2 9 - a t - 1 0 . 0 2 . 2 0 - A M . p n g

[Fake news URL munged to prevent it being boosted in search engines]

> The belief of these redditors that the government should have total
> control over our lives and what we are allowed to think is incompatible
> with a belief that human beings are made in the Image of God, imbued
> with the ability to reason, and therefore must have the freedom to make
> their own decision about their own lives.

You have no scientific proof that such an unlikely thing as 'God'
exists, still less that man with all his terrible faults and failings
could possibly be made in his image. Within the last two or three
years there was a poll that showed that the majority of the UK's
population did not believe in any form of 'god', I suspect that
proportion can only continue to grow.

> People who disagree about this
> issue cannot possibly share a country together.

Says who? They can if bigoted religious zealots like you would stop
trying to impose your personal beliefs, irrational as they are, on to
the rest of the world. I've often that the world would be a better
place if people like you would wear your trousers the same way around as
the collars of your officials.

> These people who worship
> authority are obsessed with forcing their will on the rest of us, and
> there is no point at which they will stop. They will happily put us in
> camps or simply kill us.

Where is your *EVIDENCE* for this wild and paranoid claim? And what do
you propose to do with "people who disagree about this issue cannot
possibly share a country together." It sounds to me as though you are
assuming that others would like to do to you what you would like to do
to them. Either way, the problem is you, not them.

Anti-semitism reported to a b u s e @ m i x m i n . n e t

> But as we all know: we
> do have many fellow citizens who believe in this hoax, and believe that
> the only solution to this fake crisis is to surrender all of our
> freedoms to the government and allow the establishment of a hardcore
> tyranny that controls all of our thoughts and actions for the sake of
> protecting us.

Fake news reported to a b u s e @ m i x m i n . n e t

> We need to begin a discussion about secession.

We need to begin a discussion about not proselytising OT and dishonest
fake news aimed primarily at an American audience in a global newsgroup.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Massive reddit Movement to Ban All Dissenting Coronavirus Information

By: A Voice in the Wilde on Mon, 30 Aug 2021

74A Voice in the Wilderness?