From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Just for fun: Medical student dies a day after getting J&J vaccine
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 04:08:05 -0500
References: <JByLI.87999$Vv6.21759@fx45.iad> <sdmv01$1qj$1@dont-email.me> <sdn099$47v$3@dont-email.me> <sdndjm$5ke$1@dont-email.me> <sdnguo$m9m$1@dont-email.me> <sdnn42$jmi$1@dont-email.me> <sdo12e$3gv$1@dont-email.me> <imajcgFhfeqU1@mid.individual.net> <sdpmc8$da5$1@dont-email.me> <imbartFm5ruU1@mid.individual.net> <sfeohj$ndo$1@dont-email.me> <1vcs7r4gfed6i$.dlg@v.nguard.lh> <sfhl99$mo$1@dont-email.me>
 by: VanguardLH - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 09:08 UTC

T <T@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> Masks are no longer required if you've had the vaccine and booster
>> (now the CDC is recommending 3 shots for highly susceptible
>> persons).
>
> That floats around, especially since the jab does not work all that
> well (break through infections). Some are saying that the
> unvaccinated (it is not a vaccine) are threatening the jab with
> variants. The science shows otherwise. It is the jab'ed that the
> primary incubators. This would not be the case if the jab was a real
> vaccine.

I said masks are no longer required - in general since there are still
exceptions. I did not say masks were superfluous after vaccination,
and, in fact, I mentioned that the vaccinated may have attentuated
symptoms while being carriers. Typhoid Mary never experienced the
symptoms of typhoid.

> The CDC will not release the data.

You obviously haven't looked, and are making unsubstantiated claims to
support your position.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/masking-science-sars-cov2.html
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/15/2/pdfs/08-1167.pdf

I didn't bother citing the rest from a simple "cdc data efficacy of
masks" Google search.

> I work for a guy that was in on the development of the N95 mask. He
> told me viruses go right though. The above is bull shit.

Talk to a college graduate that is trained in air flow engineering, like
for HVAC. A 1 micron virus doesn't travel a straight line through a 1
micron filter. No such thing as laminar airflow unless specifically
engineered to reduce turbulence, and filters are the antithesis to
laminar flow. Nor would a laminar flow through a filter impact a single
fiber in the filter, because obviously they're layered or scattered for
their fibers. "A guy said". Don't even take my word. Go do the
research yourself. Take courses in college on aerodynamics to get an
idea of airflow. My father had a master license in HVAC, and he spent
many hours designing ductwork, fans, valves, and other controls trying
to create as laminar flow as possible (least turbulence) to reduce the
work needed to move an air mass. None of the face masks are designed,
nor would they be, to produce least turbulence through the filter.

Folks keep reciting the diameter of viruses based on their naked size.
Virus immediately die (their coding spills out) without a wrapper to
encapsulate them. Even a 0.2 micron virus will likely be larger than a
1 micron filter, and Covid19 viruses range from 0.6 to 2 microns when
not naked. When naked, they die nearly immediately, and filters don't
care about the size of naked and dead viral spew.

Naked virus size is irrelevant to filter efficacy. The wrapped size is
important, but you really think a 1 micro wrapped virus is getting
through a 1 micron filter? Well, if so, enjoy walking through a mine
field taking a straight path.

>> The premise by the CDC was something was better than nothing.
>
> You mean the CDC that won't release data? The one that
> won't release studies on off label drugs that are cheap?

What? You've never been told by your mother to cover your cough with
your hand, then with your cuff, then at your sleeve's elbow, or with a
tissue or hankie? Well, why did she tell you to do that? Yeah, to
prevent your projectile snot and spit from spraying out to collide into
other humans. The CDC's recommendation was nothing more than
re-proliferating lore. You thought the old adage long before SARS-1 and
SARS-2 (named Covid-19) of controlling your ejection was somehow defined
by some arbitrary netiquette?

> The only thing that stops them is
> respirators (Ebola suites).

Um, you think there are no filters in those, huh? By count, respirators
are more used in construction than in hospitals. They have positive air
pressure to deliver filtered air to the wearer and prevent entry through
any leakage points, like by the straps, and under the chin. Every
asbestos remedial job requires respirators, not face masks. Despite
wearing disposable hazmat suits, having a showering station, wearing
respirators with positive pressure with a *filtered* air supply, and
sealing off the house off and using negative pressure to prevent blowing
out asbestos fibers into the remainder of the home, filters are highly
involved in pumping cleaned air into the respirators and filtered fan
pumping out the air in the work area. Working in fine silica (concrete
mixing, sawing, jackhammering, grinding, abrasive blasting) should
require a respirator, as when mixing mortar or sawing/cutting brick.

Respirators are just better quality face masks (by using a full face
mask that also covers the eyes, not just the nose and mouth), and use,
as I recall, positive air pressure inside the mask, but they still do
use filters. How do you think the cleaned air gets delivered inside the
full face mask? Which rating they use for a filter depends on duration
of use, and according to their resistance to oil vapor.

N-series: Not resistant to oil mist.
R-series: Oil-resistant for up to 1 work shift.
P-series: Oil-proof.

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2020/08/17/respirators-construction/

Yeah, I know a lot of workers don't wear respirators, and just use
passive filtering, but then a lot of workers don't wear masks at all.
I've seen plenty of workers jackhammering at concrete with no filter.

Similarly, I've seen lots of employees working in build floor for
mainframes that don't wear hearing protection. They lose their upper
frequency range due to all the noise from all the fan in the computer
components, for the HVAC fans at the exhaust vents, and the whine from
the 3-phase generators supply power to the mainframes. I've also seen
plenty of shooters not wearing hearing protection at the range. I wear
both soft inserts and headset. If I have to remove the headset to
participate in a discussion, I still have the earplugs which don't
interfere with voice but handle the sharp bangs.

Show me a respirator, even for hospitals, that doesn't have a filter.
Oh, by the way, I think you're confusing respirators with ventilators.
The latter uses positive pressure to help inflate the lungs of the
patient with *filtered* air. My aunt worked at Medtronic who sells
ventilator *filters*. They only go down to 0.3 microns, so a naked
virus (highly unlikely it survives the distance between you and a
sneezer) does get filtered out, again due to non-laminar air flow
through the filter. A 0.2 micron virus isn't getting through a 0.2
micron, or even 0.1 micron P-100 filter. But they do rate them as
99.999% effective, because statistically it is possible for an outlier
to manage to wrangle through a filter without ever hitting a strand.

So, what's your solution to filtering the air you breathe? Staying at
home is not 100% safe, either. You receive postal mail, you might get
your groceries delivered that the delivery person has touched (3 hours,
or less, for Covid19 to die on paper bags), and the virus lasts longer
on hard surfaces, like plastic bags (up to a week to survive), those
canned goods that someone picked up at the store but put back on the
shelf, or touched those veggies you bought, oh, and those vinyl gloves
some folks were but don't remove them properly to avoid touching
anything on them (and which increases the chance of spreading the virus
that survives longer on them). How fast the wrapper gets broken is how
long the virus survives, and softer more absorbent materials kill them
faster, like those cloth masks, even the cheap ones (but you add
moisture from your breath, and why disposable masks really should get
disposed of).

> If you look at the recommendation for all the mask nonsense, it is
> just opinion: ass holes in white coats standing around pulling shit
> out their learned asses. They NEVER back up what they say with
> science as there is no actual science to back up their assertions.
> You will notice that all the hard work you put into your letter, that
> you could not cite a single proper scientific study to back your
> assertions. This is clearly a propaganda narrative.

Yep, you're spreading more FUD again. Is the Earth still flat?

> Oh, and viruses are primarily transmitted by aerosol,
> not droplets. Masks do nothing for aerosol.

Wow, you must be Data to have an aerosol coming out your nose and mouth
when you sneeze. Must look like a deodorant spray coming out your
orifices.

> This is my fear. If someone with a co-morbidity actually
> trusts the propaganda narrative and thinks a useless face
> diaper is going to protect them, they are going to get themselves
> killed. Political correctness kills.

You choose to ignore my statement that masks (not respirators or
ventilators, but passive cloth masks) are NOT for protecting you. They
are to protect others (by eliminating your projectiles getting past the
mask).

You+mask: Protect others from your sneezing and coughing.
Them+mask: Protect you from their sneezing and coughing.

So, decide if you're not going to protect others, like those assholes
that don't install AVs on their computers, become zombies, so they just
wipe and do a fresh install of the OS and apps. Or if you're only going
to protect yourself which means don't use passive cloth masks and go
around toting the weight of a respirator or ventilator along with all
the periphery hardware to filter the inbound air.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Just for fun: Medical student dies a day after getting J&J vaccine

By: Rabid Roach on Mon, 26 Jul 2021

231Rabid Roach