Kill Ugly Processor Architectures -- Karl Lehenbauer

computers / comp.os.linux.advocacy / MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

SubjectAuthor
* MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
+* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyJoel
|+* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
||`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
|| +- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyJoel
|| +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|| |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyJoel
|| `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
|`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
| `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|  `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
+* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
| +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyPhysfitfreak
| |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
| `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|  `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
|   +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyJoel
|   |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
|   +- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|   `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
+* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
|+* Re: Bing failed to notice that "Woke" is racist, offensive & illegal.Joel
||+- Re: "Woke" is (hatred for)/(jealousy of) America, Whites and straight men.Joel
||`- Re: "Woke" is (hatred for)/(jealousy of) America, Whites and straight men.Physfitfreak
|`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
| `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
|  +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
|  |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
|  `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|   `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
|    `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|     `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
|      `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
|       `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
|        `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyJoel
 |+- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
 |`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 | `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyJoel
 |  `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |   +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
 |   |`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |   | +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
 |   | |+- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
 |   | |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |   | +- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
 |   | `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |   |  `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |   |   `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |   |    +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |   |    |+- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
 |   |    |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |   |    +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyvallor
 |   |    |`* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |   |    | `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyRabidPedagog
 |   |    `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyDFS
 |   |     `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |   `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |    `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |     `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyStéphane CARPENTIER
 |      `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |       `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
 |        +- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
 |        `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyvallor
 |         `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
 `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
  `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
   `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
    `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
     `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
      `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro
       +- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyChris Ahlstrom
       `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
        `* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
         +* Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
         |`- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyrbowman
         +- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companychrisv
         `- Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable companyLawrence D'Oliveiro

Pages:1234
MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<FlUsN.64612$IfLe.21952@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8616&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8616

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: nospam@dfs.com (DFS)
Subject: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:11:17 -0500
 by: DFS - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:11 UTC

With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
the Linux juggernaut.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT

Up 7% this year already.

Linux won.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<hh58rith4dmgjhajaovjl0he380gkne9ds@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8618&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8618

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:32:35 -0500
 by: Joel - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:32 UTC

DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

>With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
>the Linux juggernaut.
>
>https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>
>Up 7% this year already.
>
>Linux won.

What kind of retardation was that, dude? Being a giant commercial
success doesn't mean anything, here. Linux isn't trying to be the
inferior OS that Winblows is, or replace it in its core markets. But
it sure replaces it for *me*, a computer nerd/enthusiast, who wants
something better than M$. And Windows can't compete in some very
vital areas. You think your Usenet provider is utilizing WinServer
for your access to NNTP? Heh.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<aJUsN.355532$p%Mb.275525@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8620&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8620

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:36:20 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:36 UTC

On 2024-01-26 15:11, DFS wrote:
> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
> the Linux juggernaut.
>
> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>
> Up 7% this year already.
>
> Linux won.

The only thing this proves is that the majority of the world isn't
willing to listen to reason, much in the same way that you completely
disregard common sense and logic in believing all women's allegations.
Keep using the software of your pedophile overlords who wish to force
you to embrace the artificial intelligence that will replace you. In
fact, you should have a child just to transition them to the opposite
gender in order to please your overlords from Redmond. Complete that
with a pledge to commit crimes against White men and you'll be the
perfect Microsoft loyalist.

For all your talk of having standards when choosing Excel over the
alternative, you sure seem to lack standards when it comes to ethics. If
you don't anything wrong with handing fistfuls of money to pedophiles
who would transition your toddler and call you to kill your fellow
Whites, then there is no helping you.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<up16vf$3134n$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8625&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8625

From: OFeem1987@teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:07:59 -0500
 by: Chris Ahlstrom - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 21:07 UTC

Joel wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>
>>With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
>>the Linux juggernaut.
>>
>>https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>>
>>Up 7% this year already.
>>
>>Linux won.
>
> What kind of retardation was that, dude? Being a giant commercial
> success doesn't mean anything, here. Linux isn't trying to be the
> inferior OS that Winblows is, or replace it in its core markets. But
> it sure replaces it for *me*, a computer nerd/enthusiast, who wants
> something better than M$. And Windows can't compete in some very
> vital areas. You think your Usenet provider is utilizing WinServer
> for your access to NNTP? Heh.

Free Software vs Microsoft. DFS turgid over Microsoft Market Cap. :-D

--
Q: How many supply-siders does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. The darkness will cause the light bulb to change by itself.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<P9WsN.194640$vFZa.44758@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8630&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8630

From: nospam@dfs.com (DFS)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:15:12 -0500
 by: DFS - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 22:15 UTC

On 1/26/2024 3:36 PM, RabidPedagog wrote:
> On 2024-01-26 15:11, DFS wrote:
>> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed
>> by the Linux juggernaut.
>>
>> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>>
>> Up 7% this year already.
>>
>> Linux won.
>
> The only thing this proves is that the majority of the world isn't
> willing to listen to reason, much in the same way that you completely
> disregard common sense and logic in believing all women's allegations.
> Keep using the software of your pedophile overlords who wish to force
> you to embrace the artificial intelligence that will replace you. In
> fact, you should have a child just to transition them to the opposite
> gender in order to please your overlords from Redmond. Complete that
> with a pledge to commit crimes against White men and you'll be the
> perfect Microsoft loyalist.
>
> For all your talk of having standards when choosing Excel over the
> alternative, you sure seem to lack standards when it comes to ethics.
> If
> you don't anything wrong with handing fistfuls of money to pedophiles
> who would transition your toddler and call you to kill your fellow
> Whites, then there is no helping you.

You transitioned a long time ago into a lying, hypocrite kook.

I won't waste the time proving it, but I would bet 90%+ of the companies
you buy from have pro-trans (including pro-child-mutilation) and/or DEI
(anti-straight, anti-White, anti-male) policies in place.

The Linux Foundation - which pays Torvalds to work on the kernel - is one:

RESPONSE TO TEXAS ANTI-EQUALITY LEGISLATION
In our community, we have made clear that we stand in solidarity with
the trans community. We will work with them to keep our community safe.
We will work with them to keep families together, ensure safe access to
necessary medical care, and prohibit discrimination in any form. ”

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/archive/2022/open-source-summit-north-america/attend/diversity-inclusion/#lgbtq-resources
"The Shubhra Kar Linux Foundation Training (LiFT) Scholarship Program
aims to increase diversity in open source technology by providing access
to training courses and certification exams for deserving individuals at
no cost to the recipient."

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/diversity-inclusivity
We’re proud to announce that we are partnering with TransTech Social
Enterprises, an incubator for LGBTQ talent with a focus on economically
empowering the T, transgender people, to provide scholarships to
promising individuals to help them get started working with open source
software.

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/blog/transtech-social-and-linux-foundation-training-certification-partner-to-award-technology-training-scholarships/

You bought a BMW, right?

https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/de/en/about-us/diversity.html

How about a GM vehicle?

"transgender GM staff now have access to medical procedures including
voice modification and facial feminization treatments."

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/gms-employee-benefits-now-include-transgender-medical-procedures-and-add-cover-for-unmarried-and-same-sex-partners/

And on and on and on. It's a sick world now.

Enjoy the next 40 years of your life willingly supporting pedo-racist
corporations.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<1pWsN.194641$vFZa.150241@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8636&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8636

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: nospam@dfs.com (DFS)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:31:25 -0500
 by: DFS - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 22:31 UTC

On 1/26/2024 3:32 PM, Joel wrote:
> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>
>> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
>> the Linux juggernaut.
>>
>> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>>
>> Up 7% this year already.
>>
>> Linux won.
>

> What kind of retardation was that, dude? Being a giant commercial
> success doesn't mean anything, here.

It means you Linux kooks will have to deal with Microsoft for the rest
of your lives. Of course, MS was NEVER in any kind of danger from Linux
or FOSS crapware, despite the silly howling of "MS is doomed" or "MS is
dying" from cola "advocates" since the day the cola shingle was hung (in
1994).

> Linux isn't trying to be the
> inferior OS that Winblows is, or replace it in its core markets.

All shouts of "#### was the Year of the Linux Desktop!" to the contrary.

> But
> it sure replaces it for *me*, a computer nerd/enthusiast, who wants
> something better than M$.

It's NOT better. It's different. It has advantages and disadvantages.

> And Windows can't compete in some very vital areas.

Silly. Windows was created as a desktop-only OS. It has completely
dominated there for 33.5 years straight.

Windows Server generates huge revenue, and has a large market share.
This site puts it at 25%.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/server-operating-system-market-106601

> You think your Usenet provider is utilizing WinServer
> for your access to NNTP? Heh.

Why not? A Usenet server just stores lots of little files.

You think Usenet provider employees run Linux hobbyware distros on their
desktops?

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<up1cil$10kbb$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8640&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8640

From: Physfitfreak@gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:43:33 -0600
 by: Physfitfreak - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 22:43 UTC

On 1/26/2024 4:15 PM, DFS wrote:
> On 1/26/2024 3:36 PM, RabidPedagog wrote:

> You transitioned a long time ago into a lying, hypocrite kook.

Hmm. That's what I found him to be as well. Even you, a cro-magnon with
male body and a female brain, are healthier in mind than him.

Always have that jewel of observation that Carlin did, at the forefront
of your mind, "Most Americans, as you've messed with and found out
yourselves, are undoubtedly stupid. Now imagine the solid fact that half
of Americans are more stupid than that!"

RIP Carlin...

You, "DFS", are right at the spot in the middle of the intelligence
curve, where most Americans reside. Just the average stupid. But Rabid
is a good distance to the left of the max in that curve, well inside
_really_ dumb American population.

You can rightfully commend yourself for that. Yes, even you!

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<2jf8rid4rm868o0iq911pim5qcnq2sq8th@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8645&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8645

From: chrisv@nospam.invalid (chrisv)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:24:40 -0600
 by: chrisv - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 23:24 UTC

Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>Free Software vs Microsoft. DFS turgid over Microsoft Market Cap. :-D

Micro$oft takes your money. And your privacy. And your dignity.

FOSS gives them back.

--
Advocate: OSS software on the other hand, is often a non-profit
enterprise, like the Red Cross.

"True Linux advocate": Total rubbish. You clearly have no idea about
OSS.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<h7g8ri5okbicsskuv238u24q6elnhrpcnq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8646&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8646

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:33:40 -0500
 by: Joel - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 23:33 UTC

chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>>Free Software vs Microsoft. DFS turgid over Microsoft Market Cap. :-D
>
>Micro$oft takes your money. And your privacy. And your dignity.
>
>FOSS gives them back.

I would use Windows if it were actually better. It isn't. I had fun
with Win11, for a couple years, but I'm much better off now, back on
Linux. I'm grateful to M$ for showing me how useless their crapware
is, how I'm undeniably getting more value out of my machine with
Linux.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<qqXsN.135803$taff.111677@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8649&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8649

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:41:10 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 23:41 UTC

On 2024-01-26 17:15, DFS wrote:
> On 1/26/2024 3:36 PM, RabidPedagog wrote:
>> On 2024-01-26 15:11, DFS wrote:
>>> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed
>>> by the Linux juggernaut.
>>>
>>> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>>>
>>> Up 7% this year already.
>>>
>>> Linux won.
>>
>> The only thing this proves is that the majority of the world isn't
>> willing to listen to reason, much in the same way that you completely
>> disregard common sense and logic in believing all women's allegations.
>> Keep using the software of your pedophile overlords who wish to force
>> you to embrace the artificial intelligence that will replace you. In
>> fact, you should have a child just to transition them to the opposite
>> gender in order to please your overlords from Redmond. Complete that
>> with a pledge to commit crimes against White men and you'll be the
>> perfect Microsoft loyalist.
>>
>> For all your talk of having standards when choosing Excel over the
>> alternative, you sure seem to lack standards when it comes to ethics.
>> If you don't anything wrong with handing fistfuls of money to
>> pedophiles who would transition your toddler and call you to kill your
>> fellow Whites, then there is no helping you.
>
> You transitioned a long time ago into a lying, hypocrite kook.

I change my mind about technology a lot, but I do not change my mind
about whether it is ethical to support pedophiles and anti-White
racists. Apparently, there is a price corporations can pay to buy you
and it's much less than anyone would have expected.

> I won't waste the time proving it, but I would bet 90%+ of the companies
> you buy from have pro-trans (including pro-child-mutilation) and/or DEI
> (anti-straight, anti-White, anti-male) policies in place.

Once I find out that they do, I boycott them and look for alternatives.
Gillette hasn't seen a dollar from me since they released that anti-male
commercial, and other such companies have been shown the door. I keep a
list of these companies on my person at all times if I ever have a
doubt. When given the choice between their products and God's word, I
will always choose the latter.

> The Linux Foundation - which pays Torvalds to work on the kernel - is one:

The Linux Foundation has shown itself to be a useless entity which
doesn't benefit Linux in the least for a long time. I'd love for you to
show me how I support them.

< snip >

> You bought a BMW, right?
>
> https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/de/en/about-us/diversity.html

My wife leased one. She didn't consult me on the matter. I like the cars
but I prefer Japanese cars myself.

> How about a GM vehicle?
>
> "transgender GM staff now have access to medical procedures including
> voice modification and facial feminization treatments."
>
> https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/gms-employee-benefits-now-include-transgender-medical-procedures-and-add-cover-for-unmarried-and-same-sex-partners/

Nobody with standards would buy a GM vehicle if they can afford better.

> And on and on and on.  It's a sick world now.
>
> Enjoy the next 40 years of your life willingly supporting pedo-racist
> corporations.

At least I'm making an effort to resist them. You've seemingly decided
to simply surrender to them and let them have a strong influence over
your life. You're free to use the products from Pedosoft as much as you
like, but you should probably admit that you're a lazy man looking for
the path of least resistance. I will _still_ not say that Linux is
better on the desktop, but at least I'm not being spied on or supporting
the monsters who think my son's cock should be chopped off and that he
should become a slave to American pharmaceutical companies for the rest
of his life.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative
Linux Mint patron

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<NcYsN.16890$mMj7.127@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8655&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8655

From: nospam@dfs.com (DFS)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 19:34:54 -0500
 by: DFS - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 00:34 UTC

On 1/26/2024 6:41 PM, RabidPedagog wrote:
> On 2024-01-26 17:15, DFS wrote:

>>> The only thing this proves is that the majority of the world isn't
>>> willing to listen to reason, much in the same way that you completely
>>> disregard common sense and logic in believing all women's
>>> allegations. Keep using the software of your pedophile overlords who
>>> wish to force you to embrace the artificial intelligence that will
>>> replace you. In fact, you should have a child just to transition them
>>> to the opposite gender in order to please your overlords from
>>> Redmond. Complete that with a pledge to commit crimes against White
>>> men and you'll be the perfect Microsoft loyalist.
>>>
>>> For all your talk of having standards when choosing Excel over the
>>> alternative, you sure seem to lack standards when it comes to ethics.
>>> If you don't anything wrong with handing fistfuls of money to
>>> pedophiles who would transition your toddler and call you to kill
>>> your fellow Whites, then there is no helping you.
>>
>> You transitioned a long time ago into a lying, hypocrite kook.
>
> I change my mind about technology a lot, but I do not change my mind
> about whether it is ethical to support pedophiles and anti-White
> racists. Apparently, there is a price corporations can pay to buy you
> and it's much less than anyone would have expected.
>
>> I won't waste the time proving it, but I would bet 90%+ of the
>> companies you buy from have pro-trans (including pro-child-mutilation)
>> and/or DEI (anti-straight, anti-White, anti-male) policies in place.
>
> Once I find out that they do, I boycott them and look for alternatives.

No need to 'find out'. Just assume they do.

Go lookup the trans and DEI policies of the companies that make the food
in your pantry, your family's clothing, your furniture and appliances
and computer parts, your baby's food and toys and crib, etc. I am 100%
sure you'll find wokeness through and through.

Now what are you gonna do?

> Gillette hasn't seen a dollar from me since they released that anti-male
> commercial, and other such companies have been shown the door. I keep a
> list of these companies on my person at all times if I ever have a
> doubt. When given the choice between their products and God's word, I
> will always choose the latter.

I don't believe in God, but I have a good-long list of companies I won't
patronize, mostly for woke reasons but also for product- or
service-related problems: Sony, Gillette, Target, North Face,
Anheuser-Busch, Harry's (razors), Chick-Fil-A, Disney, Ben & Jerry's,
Golden Globes, Academy Awards, United Airlines, Allstate, Kohl's, NBA,
Lowes and others.

Here's the list you'd follow if you really cared as much as you say you do:

https://daveseminara.com/complete-list-of-woke-companies-condemning-so-called-racist-voting-laws/

>> The Linux Foundation - which pays Torvalds to work on the kernel - is
>> one:
>
> The Linux Foundation has shown itself to be a useless entity which
> doesn't benefit Linux in the least for a long time. I'd love for you to
> show me how I support them.

Whether you pay or donate money or not, just by using the Linux kernel
and a distro and other GuhNoo-licensed software, you're a willing
supporter of pro-trans and pro-DEI policies at the Linux Foundation, and
of Stallman's belief that child abuse/porn videos shouldn't be removed
from the Internet.

tsk, tsk

> < snip >
>
>> You bought a BMW, right?
>>
>> https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/de/en/about-us/diversity.html
>
> My wife leased one. She didn't consult me on the matter. I like the cars
> but I prefer Japanese cars myself.

You called it "my BMW 428i" a few times, and said "It's BMW only from
now on." so I'm confused.

>> How about a GM vehicle?
>>
>> "transgender GM staff now have access to medical procedures including
>> voice modification and facial feminization treatments."
>>
>> https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/gms-employee-benefits-now-include-transgender-medical-procedures-and-add-cover-for-unmarried-and-same-sex-partners/
>
> Nobody with standards would buy a GM vehicle if they can afford better.

Chevy and GMC trucks are nice.

>> And on and on and on.  It's a sick world now.
>>
>> Enjoy the next 40 years of your life willingly supporting pedo-racist
>> corporations.
>
> At least I'm making an effort to resist them. You've seemingly decided
> to simply surrender to them and let them have a strong influence over
> your life.

You "surrendered" to "Pedosoft" over and over and over the last N years.

> You're free to use the products from Pedosoft as much as you
> like, but you should probably admit that you're a lazy man looking for
> the path of least resistance.

1) Because there's no decent alternative to either, there is NO AMOUNT
of MS wokeness that would prevent me from using Windows and Office,
or the occasional other MS app. But I've spent very little on MS
products the last decade - $100-$150 max.

2) I refuse to use Suse (saw one of their devs whining about
conservatives)

3) if I find out a developer is too liberal/woke I'll find alternatives
to their software.

If you were honest you'd admit the same 3 things, but I can tell you're
big into "Rules for thee and not for me".

> I will _still_ not say that Linux is
> better on the desktop, but at least I'm not being spied on or supporting
> the monsters who think my son's cock should be chopped off and that he
> should become a slave to American pharmaceutical companies for the rest
> of his life.

silly, crazed drama kookiness. Considering you adhere to astrology I'm
not surprised.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<4lk8ri5pojfai3avf6qnjj3nk9bdba5jnt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8660&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8660

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 19:52:33 -0500
 by: Joel - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 00:52 UTC

DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

>1) Because there's no decent alternative to either, there is NO AMOUNT
> of MS wokeness that would prevent me from using Windows and Office,
> or the occasional other MS app. But I've spent very little on MS
> products the last decade - $100-$150 max.

Why would anyone concern themselves with this crap? The corporate
world does a lot of things that may not sit well with a given person,
who could care less? I eat Chick-fil-A and Waffle House, I drink
Yuengling, I would order Papa Johns in Colorado, hell I'd especially
do that because Peyton is a bad mother fucker, who cares that he's a
right-winger? I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK. The only boycott you'll
see from me is when someone actually does something dishonest or
reckless, in business, not because of their politics, FFS.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<L1ZsN.68845$GX69.54037@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8664&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8664

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:31:23 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:31 UTC

On 2024-01-26 17:31, DFS wrote:
> On 1/26/2024 3:32 PM, Joel wrote:
>> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
>>> the Linux juggernaut.
>>>
>>> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>>>
>>> Up 7% this year already.
>>>
>>> Linux won.
>>

>> What kind of retardation was that, dude?  Being a giant commercial
>> success doesn't mean anything, here.
>
> It means you Linux kooks will have to deal with Microsoft for the rest
> of your lives.  Of course, MS was NEVER in any kind of danger from Linux
> or FOSS crapware, despite the silly howling of "MS is doomed" or "MS is
> dying" from cola "advocates" since the day the cola shingle was hung (in
> 1994).

While Microsoft's empire seems to be solid to you, it should be noted
that there are countless operating systems being developed which all
have their own benefits. There is no reason to believe that people will
hold onto Windows if one of these is able to provide users with the same
kind of functionality, a more responsive or intuitive interface, and
compatibility with existing software through emulation. Linux already
allows gamers looking to abandon Windows will almost complete access to
their gaming library. What makes you believe that their ability to
properly run their complicated games won't eventually extend to being
able to run their less-complicated software. If I were in the shoes of
the pedophiles who rule over you, I wouldn't be feeling so comfortable.

>> Linux isn't trying to be the
>> inferior OS that Winblows is, or replace it in its core markets.
>
> All shouts of "#### was the Year of the Linux Desktop!" to the contrary.

None of those years were the year of the Linux desktop, but even you
can't deny that Linux has become a complete alternative for anyone
disgusted by the updates or progressively-slow operation of Windows.

>> But
>> it sure replaces it for *me*, a computer nerd/enthusiast, who wants
>> something better than M$.
>
> It's NOT better.  It's different.  It has advantages and disadvantages.

Its greatest advantages are where Windows is weakest: security and
support for slower hardware.

>> And Windows can't compete in some very vital areas.
>
> Silly.  Windows was created as a desktop-only OS.  It has completely
> dominated there for 33.5 years straight.
>
> Windows Server generates huge revenue, and has a large market share.
> This site puts it at 25%.
>
> https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/server-operating-system-market-106601

But the corporations that need their servers to be operational 24/7
prefer Linux. I'm referring to companies like Meta and Amazon.

>> You think your Usenet provider is utilizing WinServer
>> for your access to NNTP?  Heh.
>
> Why not?  A Usenet server just stores lots of little files.
>
> You think Usenet provider employees run Linux hobbyware distros on their
> desktops?

They probably do.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative
Linux Mint patron

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<14ZsN.68846$GX69.22488@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8665&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8665

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:33:49 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:33 UTC

On 2024-01-26 18:24, chrisv wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Free Software vs Microsoft. DFS turgid over Microsoft Market Cap. :-D
>
> Micro$oft takes your money. And your privacy. And your dignity.
>
> FOSS gives them back.

They take your money and spend it on incentivizing employees to mutilate
their children and commit crimes against White people. I can't have my
previous purchases of Microsoft purchases refunded and buying a new
machine means that I automatically pay for a Windows license, but I
_can_ actively seek out manufacturers which don't pre-install Windows
like Framework or System76.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative
Linux Mint patron

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<7kZsN.310000$xHn7.229630@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8667&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8667

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:50:59 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:50 UTC

On 2024-01-26 19:34, DFS wrote:

< snipped for brevity >

> Go lookup the trans and DEI policies of the companies that make the food
> in your pantry, your family's clothing, your furniture and appliances
> and computer parts, your baby's food and toys and crib, etc.  I am 100%
> sure you'll find wokeness through and through.
>
> Now what are you gonna do?

I already handled that: I don't buy American and settle for products
made by local companies. Unlike the rest of Canada and the Western
world, Quebec is resisting wokeness and a good chunk of us actively
ridicule it. The companies are no different.

>> Gillette hasn't seen a dollar from me since they released that
>> anti-male commercial, and other such companies have been shown the
>> door. I keep a list of these companies on my person at all times if I
>> ever have a doubt. When given the choice between their products and
>> God's word, I will always choose the latter.
>
> I don't believe in God, but I have a good-long list of companies I won't
> patronize, mostly for woke reasons but also for product- or
> service-related problems: Sony, Gillette, Target, North Face,
> Anheuser-Busch, Harry's (razors), Chick-Fil-A, Disney, Ben & Jerry's,
> Golden Globes, Academy Awards, United Airlines, Allstate, Kohl's, NBA,
> Lowes and others.
>
> Here's the list you'd follow if you really cared as much as you say you do:
>
> https://daveseminara.com/complete-list-of-woke-companies-condemning-so-called-racist-voting-laws/

I had a different list, but I appreciate this being shared. I notice
that ASUS isn't in there, but I still think I'll go to Framework the
next time around.

>>> The Linux Foundation - which pays Torvalds to work on the kernel - is
>>> one:
>>
>> The Linux Foundation has shown itself to be a useless entity which
>> doesn't benefit Linux in the least for a long time. I'd love for you
>> to show me how I support them.
>
> Whether you pay or donate money or not, just by using the Linux kernel
> and a distro and other GuhNoo-licensed software, you're a willing
> supporter of pro-trans and pro-DEI policies at the Linux Foundation, and
> of Stallman's belief that child abuse/porn videos shouldn't be removed
> from the Internet.
>
> tsk, tsk

Considering the Linux Foundation itself doesn't get money from me and
any contribution goes directly to the developers of Linux Mint, I don't
mind this one bit.

>> My wife leased one. She didn't consult me on the matter. I like the
>> cars but I prefer Japanese cars myself.
>
> You called it "my BMW 428i" a few times, and said "It's BMW only from
> now on." so I'm confused.

Well, I was the one driving the BMW so it might as well have been mine,
but I resisted BMW once I found out about their woke position.
Unfortunately, most car manufacturers are woke.

>>> How about a GM vehicle?
>>>
>>> "transgender GM staff now have access to medical procedures including
>>> voice modification and facial feminization treatments."
>>>
>>> https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/gms-employee-benefits-now-include-transgender-medical-procedures-and-add-cover-for-unmarried-and-same-sex-partners/
>>
>> Nobody with standards would buy a GM vehicle if they can afford better.
>
> Chevy and GMC trucks are nice.

I don't care. I've had an American one, never again.

>> At least I'm making an effort to resist them. You've seemingly decided
>> to simply surrender to them and let them have a strong influence over
>> your life.
>
> You "surrendered" to "Pedosoft" over and over and over the last N years.

I did, but you'll notice that it was always because Linux pissed me off
or the other way around. Had I known in 1992 that Microsoft would
support the mutilation of children and crimes against Whites, I would
have held my nose and used OS/2. Once it became clear that IBM was no
different, I would have held my nose and used Linux. Crimes against
children are one thing I would never turn a blind eye to. Shame on
Microsoft for first sexualizing the children, entertaining the idea that
they can change genders, encouraging parents to mutilate them to further
entertain that thought and then calling on those numbskulls to commit
crimes against Whites. There is no forgiving this.

>> You're free to use the products from Pedosoft as much as you like, but
>> you should probably admit that you're a lazy man looking for the path
>> of least resistance.
>
> 1) Because there's no decent alternative to either, there is NO AMOUNT
>    of MS wokeness that would prevent me from using Windows and Office,
>    or the occasional other MS app.  But I've spent very little on MS
>    products the last decade - $100-$150 max.
>
> 2) I refuse to use Suse (saw one of their devs whining about
>    conservatives)
>
> 3) if I find out a developer is too liberal/woke I'll find alternatives
>    to their software.
>
> If you were honest you'd admit the same 3 things, but I can tell you're
> big into "Rules for thee and not for me".

I've still got Mint installed. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

>> I will _still_ not say that Linux is better on the desktop, but at
>> least I'm not being spied on or supporting the monsters who think my
>> son's cock should be chopped off and that he should become a slave to
>> American pharmaceutical companies for the rest of his life.
>
> silly, crazed drama kookiness.  Considering you adhere to astrology I'm
> not surprised.

Whatever works for you.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative
Linux Mint patron

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<5eo8ri1sokh9jckf5sb9ihu8t1ereem6fh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8670&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8670

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 20:52:47 -0500
 by: Joel - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:52 UTC

RabidPedagog <rabid@pedag.og> wrote:

>_can_ actively seek out manufacturers which don't pre-install Windows
>like Framework or System76.

Just buy it as parts.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<l1j728FpuoqU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8673&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8673

From: bowman@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: 27 Jan 2024 02:11:20 GMT
 by: rbowman - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 02:11 UTC

On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
> the Linux juggernaut.
>
> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>
> Up 7% this year already.
>
> Linux won.

https://www.theregister.com/2024/01/25/microsoft_valuation_3_trillion/

They're betting the farm on AI. I hope they're right and it isn't another
Windows Phone fiasco. It's not that I care that much about MSFT but if the
AI boom flops I see DotCom II in the offing.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<l1j7aeFpuoqU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8674&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8674

From: bowman@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: 27 Jan 2024 02:15:43 GMT
 by: rbowman - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 02:15 UTC

On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:43:33 -0600, Physfitfreak wrote:

> Always have that jewel of observation that Carlin did, at the forefront
> of your mind, "Most Americans, as you've messed with and found out
> yourselves, are undoubtedly stupid. Now imagine the solid fact that half
> of Americans are more stupid than that!"

And they vote... Maybe it's a good thing that in this supposed democracy
voting hasn't changed much in my lifetime.

Re: Bing failed to notice that "Woke" is racist, offensive & illegal.

<ec29rit99bcc2vhrm1dnf0cfe24ce42d71@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8681&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8681

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Bing failed to notice that "Woke" is racist, offensive & illegal.
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 23:42:29 -0500
 by: Joel - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 04:42 UTC

"Relf" <Usenet@Jeff-Relf.Me> wrote:

>In Microsoft's Edge browser ( it doesn't work on Firefox ),
>I asked "Bing.COM/search?q=Bing+AI&showconv=1&FORM=hpcodx"
>to "Criticize Woke culture" . . .
> . . . it failed to notice that "Woke" is racist, offensive & illegal.

Why would you think Woke is all of that?

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: "Woke" is (hatred for)/(jealousy of) America, Whites and straight men.

<io49ri9hj5us12s0o97uiieqnibsmvc49t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8684&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8684

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "Woke" is (hatred for)/(jealousy of) America, Whites and straight men.
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 00:25:57 -0500
 by: Joel - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 05:25 UTC

"Relf" <Usenet@Jeff-Relf.Me> wrote:

>You (Crump) replied ( to me ):
>> > Bing failed to notice that "Woke" is racist, offensive & illegal.
>>
>> Why would you think Woke is all of that ?
>
>"Woke" is (hatred for)/(jealousy of) America, Whites and straight men.

No, it isn't. I'm perfectly supportive of straight white guys who are
likewise supportive of *every* type of person. Can you get that? Can
you drink a God damn Pepsi, please? I know you conceive of it being a
downgrade of your mind, but that's the result of thinking with a small
mind. You have no idea what you're missing, in losing small mind. You
have no idea what you're putting up with, by retaining it. It's sad.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<up28i5$39j43$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8686&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8686

From: ldo@nz.invalid (Lawrence D'Oliveiro)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 06:41:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence D'Oliv - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 06:41 UTC

On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
> the Linux juggernaut.

Which is why it is so desperately trying to turn Windows into Linux.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<th99ridgceeup87dp3nutms6vjf6n7lghv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8687&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8687

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:44:36 -0500
 by: Joel - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 06:44 UTC

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:
>
>> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
>> the Linux juggernaut.
>
>Which is why it is so desperately trying to turn Windows into Linux.

Eh? What do you mean by that?

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<a37tN.44622$SyNd.3041@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8698&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8698

From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 07:55:34 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 12:55 UTC

< snipped for brevity >

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative
Linux Mint patron

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<h67tN.44623$SyNd.35047@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8699&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8699

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 07:58:53 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 12:58 UTC

On 2024-01-26 21:11, rbowman wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:11:17 -0500, DFS wrote:
>
>> With a market cap of just over $3 Trillion, MSFT is definitely doomed by
>> the Linux juggernaut.
>>
>> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
>>
>> Up 7% this year already.
>>
>> Linux won.
>
> https://www.theregister.com/2024/01/25/microsoft_valuation_3_trillion/
>
> They're betting the farm on AI. I hope they're right and it isn't another
> Windows Phone fiasco. It's not that I care that much about MSFT but if the
> AI boom flops I see DotCom II in the offing.

According to Lunduke, tech layoffs are already at almost 1,000 per day.
I have to wonder whether those layoffs are the result of companies
believing that people can be replaced by AI or because everything is
falling apart and they're banking on AI to save them.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative
Linux Mint patron

Re: MSFT: now the world's most valuable company

<up33ai$3d432$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8709&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#8709

From: OFeem1987@teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 09:17:54 -0500
 by: Chris Ahlstrom - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 14:17 UTC

RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-01-26 17:31, DFS wrote:
>>
>> You think Usenet provider employees run Linux hobbyware distros on their
>> desktops?
>
> They probably do.

One example:

% lynx -head https://www.eternal-september.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 14:14:12 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.37 (CentOS Stream) OpenSSL/1.1.1k mod_fcgid/2.3.9 SVN/1.10.2
mo
d_perl/2.0.12 Perl/v5.26.3

--
You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.

computers / comp.os.linux.advocacy / MSFT: now the world's most valuable company