7 May, 2024: fms is rebuilding. Don't expect much in that section for quite a few days, maybe longer.

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: Thunderbird v115

SubjectAuthor
* Thunderbird v115Jeff Layman
+* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|+* Re: Thunderbird v115Nic
||+- Re: Thunderbird v115Paul
||`* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|| +- Re: Thunderbird v115Paul
|| `* Re: Thunderbird v115Nic
||  `* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
||   +- Re: Thunderbird v115Nic
||   `* Re: Thunderbird v115dbnnet
||    `* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
||     `* Re: Thunderbird v115dbnnet
||      `* Re: Thunderbird v115dbnnet
||       `* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
||        `- Re: Thunderbird v115dbnnet
|`* Re: Thunderbird v115Mike Scott
| `* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|  +* Re: Thunderbird v115Gordon
|  |`- Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|  `* Re: Thunderbird v115Mike Scott
|   +* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|   |`* Re: Thunderbird v115RonB
|   | `* Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|   |  `* Re: Thunderbird v115RonB
|   |   `- Re: Thunderbird v115Big Al
|   `- Re: Thunderbird v115RonB
`- Re: Thunderbird v115RonB

Pages:12
Re: Thunderbird v115

<ufofp6$1erfc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6923&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6923

From: ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com (RonB)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Thunderbird v115
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 08:16:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RonB - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 08:16 UTC

On 2023-10-06, Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 10/5/23 13:45, this is what RonB wrote:

>>> Yes, on the surface it's not bad, minor issues but nothing that hinders operations. I've been able to almost css code
>>> most of my issues away.
>>
>> I like to move the email window up to where there's about three lines
>> avialable for received mail lines. You can't move it up that far with
>> Thunderbird 115. But I'll probably end up updating anyhow. Just not right
>> away.
>>
> I finally updated. I was tired switching systems to work of cleaning 115 up.
> I'm not one to hold back updates anyway.

My dad updated. His only real complaint is that you can't change from 24
hour clock to an am/pm one. I found the fix for that, you have to add a
these two lines to the prefs.js file.

user_pref("intl.date_time.pattern_override.time_medium", "hh:mm:ss a");
user_pref("intl.date_time.pattern_override.time_short", "hh:mm a");

I consider that a bug in Thunderbird (for Linux at least), as it's supposed
to be changeable in Settings under languages, but it isn't.

I'm going to hold off updating for a while. I've got one computer to
experiment with.

--
"Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good."
-- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

Re: Thunderbird v115

<ufor7m$1h0le$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6924&group=alt.os.linux.mint#6924

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 07:32:05 -0400
 by: Big Al - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 11:32 UTC

On 10/6/23 04:16, this is what RonB wrote:
> On 2023-10-06, Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> I like to move the email window up to where there's about three lines
>>> avialable for received mail lines. You can't move it up that far with
>>> Thunderbird 115. But I'll probably end up updating anyhow. Just not right
>>> away.
>>>
>> I finally updated. I was tired switching systems to work of cleaning 115 up.
>> I'm not one to hold back updates anyway.
>
> My dad updated. His only real complaint is that you can't change from 24
> hour clock to an am/pm one. I found the fix for that, you have to add a
> these two lines to the prefs.js file.
>
> user_pref("intl.date_time.pattern_override.time_medium", "hh:mm:ss a");
> user_pref("intl.date_time.pattern_override.time_short", "hh:mm a");
>
> I consider that a bug in Thunderbird (for Linux at least), as it's supposed
> to be changeable in Settings under languages, but it isn't.
>
> I'm going to hold off updating for a while. I've got one computer to
> experiment with.

Thanks. That will help a lot.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon