<moshez> ok, I will not marry Jo-Con-El's cow.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Win10 32 bit

SubjectAuthor
* Win10 32 bitphilo
+* Re: Win10 32 bitPaul
|`- Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
+* Re: Win10 32 bitJ. P. Gilliver (John)
|`* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
| `* Re: Win10 32 bitT
|  `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
|   `* Re: Win10 32 bitT
|    `- Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
`* Re: Win10 32 bitBig Bad Bob
 +* Re: Win10 32 bitsal
 |+* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
 ||`- Re: Win10 32 bitsal
 |+- Re: Win10 32 bitJ. P. Gilliver (John)
 |`* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
 | `- Re: Win10 32 bitsal
 `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
  `* Re: Win10 32 bitRabidHussar
   +* Re: Win10 32 bitJ. P. Gilliver (John)
   |`- Re: Win10 32 bitRabidHussar
   `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
    `* Re: Win10 32 bitRabidHussar
     `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
      `* Re: Win10 32 bitRabidHussar
       `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
        `* Re: Win10 32 bitRabidHussar
         +- Re: Win10 32 bitDavid Brooks
         `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
          `* Re: Win10 32 bitRabidHussar
           `* Re: Win10 32 bitphilo
            `- Re: Win10 32 bitDavid Brooks

Pages:12
Re: Win10 32 bit

<MXy_I.116925$o45.21394@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55234&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55234

Subject: Re: Win10 32 bit
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: rabid@huss.ar (RabidHussar)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 21:56:54 -0400
 by: RabidHussar - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 01:56 UTC

On 2021-09-09 9:30 p.m., philo wrote:
> I ended up being a field service engineer.
> I was not the type to sit at a desk.

I ended up a teacher because I wanted my summers off. :) Our whole year
is a cold one and we only get three months of heat; I intend to use them
until the day that I die. :)

--
@RabidHussar

Re: Win10 32 bit

<shf03m$8b3$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55242&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55242

From: DavidB@invalid.E-S (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:05:26 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 07:05 UTC

On 10/09/2021 02:56, RabidHussar wrote:
> On 2021-09-09 9:30 p.m., philo wrote:
>> I ended up being a field service engineer.
>> I was not the type to sit at a desk.
>
> I ended up a teacher because I wanted my summers off. :) Our whole year
> is a cold one and we only get three months of heat; I intend to use them
> until the day that I die. :)

That sounds like a line from a song! :-D

Re: Win10 32 bit

<shfm4l$rsl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55248&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55248

From: philo@privacy.net (philo)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:21:25 -0500
 by: philo - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:21 UTC

On 9/9/21 8:56 PM, RabidHussar wrote:
> On 2021-09-09 9:30 p.m., philo wrote:
>> I ended up being a field service engineer.
>> I was not the type to sit at a desk.
>
> I ended up a teacher because I wanted my summers off. :) Our whole year
> is a cold one and we only get three months of heat; I intend to use them
> until the day that I die. :)

I live near a HS...
Passed by the other day at end of school time.

The teachers looked like they were more anxious to get out of there than
the students.

That said: It takes REAL dedication to be a teacher!

Re: Win10 32 bit

<pcL_I.27319$tA2.15154@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55249&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55249

Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: rabid@huss.ar (RabidHussar)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:53:58 -0400
 by: RabidHussar - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:53 UTC

On 2021-09-10 9:21 a.m., philo wrote:
> On 9/9/21 8:56 PM, RabidHussar wrote:
>> On 2021-09-09 9:30 p.m., philo wrote:
>>> I ended up being a field service engineer.
>>> I was not the type to sit at a desk.
>>
>> I ended up a teacher because I wanted my summers off. :) Our whole
>> year is a cold one and we only get three months of heat; I intend to
>> use them until the day that I die. :)
>>

> I live near a HS...
> Passed by the other day at end of school time.
>
> The teachers looked like they were more anxious to get out of there than
> the students.
>
> That said: It takes REAL dedication to be a teacher!

It used to bother me how disrespectful they can be but I quickly figured
out the best way to handle such students so it's no longer a problem.
Using their own words against them in a conversation is always useful
(my manipulating the meaning to whatever suits you) and eventually
getting their parents involved makes sure that the behaviour ceases. If
anything, I have fun doing to them what they try to do to me. However,
for the last school day, I'm usually the first one through the door to
leave. They generally invite us to stick around and have a beer with our
co-workers but my explanation for that is the same that I give to some
annoying students when they try to talk to me outside of class "I'm no
longer being paid to pretend I like you."

It's all a joke and everyone is aware but they generally get the point.

--
@RabidHussar

Re: Win10 32 bit

<shg0l3$9u7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55250&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55250

From: philo@privacy.net (philo)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:20:51 -0500
 by: philo - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 16:20 UTC

On 9/10/21 10:53 AM, RabidHussar wrote:
> On 2021-09-10 9:21 a.m., philo wrote:
>>>
>>> I ended up a teacher because I wanted my summers off. :) Our whole
>>> year is a cold one and we only get three months of heat; I intend to
>>> use them until the day that I die. :)
>>>

>> I live near a HS...
>> Passed by the other day at end of school time.
>>
>> The teachers looked like they were more anxious to get out of there
>> than the students.
>>
>> That said: It takes REAL dedication to be a teacher!
>
> It used to bother me how disrespectful they can be but I quickly figured
> out the best way to handle such students so it's no longer a problem.
> Using their own words against them in a conversation is always useful
> (my manipulating the meaning to whatever suits you) and eventually
> getting their parents involved makes sure that the behaviour ceases. If
> anything, I have fun doing to them what they try to do to me. However,
> for the last school day, I'm usually the first one through the door to
> leave. They generally invite us to stick around and have a beer with our
> co-workers but my explanation for that is the same that I give to some
> annoying students when they try to talk to me outside of class "I'm no
> longer being paid to pretend I like you."
>
> It's all a joke and everyone is aware but they generally get the point.

LOL

BTW: Last year a few kids passed by my house discussing homework. Took
me a few seconds to realize they were teachers!

Re: Win10 32 bit

<shge63$oa5$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55253&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55253

From: DavidB@invalid.E-S (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 21:11:47 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 20:11 UTC

On 10/09/2021 17:20, philo wrote:
> On 9/10/21 10:53 AM, RabidHussar wrote:

>>> I live near a HS...
>>> Passed by the other day at end of school time.
>>>
>>> The teachers looked like they were more anxious to get out of there
>>> than the students.
>>>
>>> That said: It takes REAL dedication to be a teacher!
>>
>> It used to bother me how disrespectful they can be but I quickly
>> figured out the best way to handle such students so it's no longer a
>> problem. Using their own words against them in a conversation is
>> always useful (my manipulating the meaning to whatever suits you) and
>> eventually getting their parents involved makes sure that the
>> behaviour ceases. If anything, I have fun doing to them what they try
>> to do to me. However, for the last school day, I'm usually the first
>> one through the door to leave. They generally invite us to stick
>> around and have a beer with our co-workers but my explanation for that
>> is the same that I give to some annoying students when they try to
>> talk to me outside of class "I'm no longer being paid to pretend I
>> like you."
>>
>> It's all a joke and everyone is aware but they generally get the point.
>>

> LOL
>

> BTW: Last year a few kids passed by my house discussing homework. Took
> me a few seconds to realize they were teachers!

Ha! :-D