Linux is obsolete -- Andrew Tanenbaum

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6

SubjectAuthor
* New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
+* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
|`* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
| `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ralph Fox
|  `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
|   `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Manfred Polak
|    +- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
|    `- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
+* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ralph Fox
|`* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
| +* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Manfred Polak
| |+* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Nobody
| ||`* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Manfred Polak
| || `- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
| |`* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
| | `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Manfred Polak
| |  `- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
| `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ralph Fox
|  +- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
|  `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
|   `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
|    `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ralph Fox
|     `- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
`* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Arthur T.
 `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
  `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
   `* Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Ken Blake
    `- Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6Arthur T.

Pages:12
Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6

<bmj9vhhjarvbhk9s940s0lm7lagt5rc779@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4825&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4825

From: ken@invalid.address.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 07:02:07 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:02 UTC

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 14:44:28 -0700, Ken Blake
<ken@invalid.address.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 14:49:00 -0500, Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>In Message-ID:<eal4vh1v90ktrgdch6ihqno3alkq2d66km@4ax.com>,
>>Ken Blake <ken@invalid.address.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I recently did a clean reinstallation of Windows Professional, and
>>>switched to using Thunderbird for Usenet. But I had a few problem with
>>>it and didn't like some things there, so I decided to go back to
>>>Agent 6.0 (just for Usenet, not e-mail).
>>>
>>>It's installed now, and I'm using it to write this message, but there
>>>are a few things I don't remember how to do
>>
>>I'm a little late, but did you try copying Agent's data directory
>>(which includes the ini file) from the backup you made before the
>>destructive reinstall of Windows? That would bring you back to where
>>you were before, and all you'd have to do is disable all of the
>>e-mail settings.
>

>That had been my plan, but at this point I can't remember whether or
>not I remembered to do it. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow.

I was going to try that this morning, but I think I've got all the
things I wanted to do done, so I won't bother. Thanks anyway.

Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6

<o6ccvhtt7naf15oo9rv1jdguemt4k33ucb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4826&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4826

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 08:15:22 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:15 UTC

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 07:02:07 -0700, Ken Blake
<ken@invalid.address.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 14:44:28 -0700, Ken Blake
><ken@invalid.address.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 14:49:00 -0500, Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>I'm a little late, but did you try copying Agent's data directory
>>>(which includes the ini file) from the backup you made before the
>>>destructive reinstall of Windows? That would bring you back to where
>>>you were before, and all you'd have to do is disable all of the
>>>e-mail settings.
>>

>>That had been my plan, but at this point I can't remember whether or
>>not I remembered to do it. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow.
>
>I was going to try that this morning, but I think I've got all the
>things I wanted to do done, so I won't bother. Thanks anyway.

There were a thing or two I still hadn't gotten set right , So I went
back and did as you suggested. It was quick and easy, and all is well
now. That's what I should have done in the first place, but somehow
forgot to do--probably because before starting with Agent again, I
used Thunderbird for a while.

Thanks again.

Re: New Reinstallation of Agent 6

<tklcvhdmgfb3c1grcd6i3rn23969jbeg4k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4827&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4827

From: arthur@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:27:28 -0500
 by: Arthur T. - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 18:27 UTC

In Message-ID:<o6ccvhtt7naf15oo9rv1jdguemt4k33ucb@4ax.com>,
Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 07:02:07 -0700, Ken Blake
><ken@invalid.address.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 14:44:28 -0700, Ken Blake
>><ken@invalid.address.com> wrote:

>>>That had been my plan, but at this point I can't remember whether or
>>>not I remembered to do it. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow.
>>
>>I was going to try that this morning, but I think I've got all the
>>things I wanted to do done, so I won't bother. Thanks anyway.
>

>There were a thing or two I still hadn't gotten set right , So I went
>back and did as you suggested. It was quick and easy, and all is well
>now. That's what I should have done in the first place, but somehow
>forgot to do--probably because before starting with Agent again, I
>used Thunderbird for a while.
>
>Thanks again.

You're welcome. I'm glad things are working again as you want them.

Truthfully, though, I was almost as glad when you confirmed that you
*had* a backup. I am a big believer in backups, and I'm appalled at
the number of people who never take one.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com