Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: Donations

SubjectAuthor
* Donationsg00r00
+- DonationsMike Fenton
+* Re: DonationsChristian Sacks
|`* Re: Donationsg00r00
| `* Re: DonationsMichael J. Ryan
|  `* Re: Donationsg00r00
|   +- Re: DonationsTristan Greaves
|   `- DonationsRick Smith
+* Re: DonationsZazz
|+* Re: DonationsMichael J. Ryan
||`* Re: Donationsg00r00
|| `* Re: DonationsCarlos Navarro
||  `- Re: DonationsCarlos Navarro
|`* Re: Donationsg00r00
| +- Re: DonationsZazz
| `- Re: DonationsZazz
`* Re: DonationsDaniel
 +- Re: DonationsPaul Hayton
 +* Re: DonationsAl
 |+* Re: DonationsJay Harris
 ||`- Re: DonationsAl
 |`* Re: DonationsDaniel
 | `* DonationsAl
 |  `* DonationsAccession
 |   `* DonationsAl
 |    `- DonationsNicholas Boel
 `* Re: Donationsg00r00
  `- Re: DonationsDaniel

Pages:12
Re: Donations

<87bkmy8a6w.fsf@sc1f1dan.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1667&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1667

From: me@sc1f1dan.com (Daniel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Donations
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 21:02:31 +0000
 by: Daniel - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 21:02 UTC

nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00) writes:

> Da> I saw this post and went on to donate but it's from paypal. I removed my
> Da> paypal account after a recent policy they enacted which repulsed me.
> Da>
> Da> Is there a way I can merely send a check in the mail as a donation?
>
> I think things like Venmo are also owned by PayPal so I am not sure what
> service I would use. I don't think giving out addresses is an option.
>
> ... There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't

Okay, I tried.

Daniel

Donations

<1673908902@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1668&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1668

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Donations
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:35:10 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 03:35 UTC

Hello Al,

On Sun Jan 15 2023 14:04:20, you wrote to Accession:

>>> Cheques are not a bad thing, they just aren't used much any more.

>> If you pay a bill via your bank's website, you are not emailing
>> funds. Your bank is more than likely still sending a check (whether
>> plain or digital) to the recipient of the payment. Banks have just
>> eliminated the need for customer to write out the checks themselves.

Al> The info travels by email. Banks still record everything as always,
Al> but no cheques are involved.

Maybe not where you bank. If I click the "view payment" button of something
I've already paid on my bank's website, it shows me the exact check that was
sent to the billing party. *shrug*

When you setup a "bill pay" account of a billing party, if they're not
recognized by the bank or in their list of institutions, they will be mailed a
check by the due date. If the party is recognized by the bank, it will be
digitally/electronically transferred as you say. I guess that list would
probably vary at each bank.

Regards,
Nick

.... "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway."

Re: Donations

<3482250459@f5014.n124.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1674&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1674

From: nospam.Zazz@f5014.n124.z1.fidonet.org (Zazz)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:16:52 +1300
 by: Zazz - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 01:16 UTC

g0> Za> I am having a problem with my current Mystic setup (I think a 48 July
g0> Za> First when I am in message area I press p for post and instead of
g0> Za> default to All it defaults to Access denied *all in read) I looked
g0> Za> ini files and config but did not find out. Any I ideas? where to lo
g0> Za> to correct this?
g0> I think that might depend on your archive configuration. If the new
g0> install of A48 works and you haven't modified your archive settings then
g0> you could try to take the archive.dat from the new A48 and copy to your
g0> BBS's data folder.

All has been corrected. I did the upgrade process A48 and followed
instructions. All is well but the Quotes does not show up. I even Turned then
on in User settings.

Where does the tagline.dat file go?

Ruben Figueroa aka Zazz
Mystic Prison Board Sysop