Save gas, don't use the shell.

devel / comp.infosystems.gemini / misfin (is) mail (for the) small web

SubjectAuthor
* misfin (is) mail (for the) small webStefan Claas
+* Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small webJohn
|`* Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small webStefan Claas
| `- Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small webStefan Claas
`- Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small webStefan Claas

1
misfin (is) mail (for the) small web

<uv1eqd$g1v0$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=592&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#592

From: pollux@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: misfin (is) mail (for the) small web
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 20:59:25 +0200
Finger: tilde.club/~pollux/
 by: Stefan Claas - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 18:59 UTC

Pretty cool, IMHO - email within Gemini ... :-)

gemini://misfin.org/

more info:

gemini://bbs.geminispace.org/s/misfin

My email address on Geminispace is:
pollux@hashnix.club

--
Regards
Stefan

Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small web

<86jzl71ug5.fsf@building-m.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=593&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#593

From: john@building-m.simplistic-anti-spam-measure.net (John)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small web
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 20:16:26 +0000
 by: John - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 20:16 UTC

Stefan Claas <pollux@tilde.club> writes:

> Pretty cool, IMHO - email within Gemini ... :-)
>
> gemini://misfin.org/
>
> more info:
>
> gemini://bbs.geminispace.org/s/misfin
>
> My email address on Geminispace is:
> pollux@hashnix.club

It's not really *within* Gemini, though, because the protocol differs
from Gemini -- right? Yeah it's got 2-digit response codes like Gemini,
but it's incompatible with Gemini for a couple reasons:

* Gemini spec disallows setting the userinfo portion of the URI, meaning
the email addresses aren't valid Gemini URIs
* Gemini only allows the client to send data as part of the URI; the
scheme used to send the body of the message with misfin *is* more
useful than Gemini's intentionally-crippled approach, but it's
suspiciously close to an HTTP POST and must therefore be named
heretical.

john

Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small web

<uv6uhs$mspg$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=594&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#594

From: pollux@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:58:35 +0200
Finger: tilde.club/~pollux/
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 20:58 UTC

John wrote:

> Stefan Claas <pollux@tilde.club> writes:
>
> > Pretty cool, IMHO - email within Gemini ... :-)
> >
> > gemini://misfin.org/
> >
> > more info:
> >
> > gemini://bbs.geminispace.org/s/misfin
> >
> > My email address on Geminispace is:
> > pollux@hashnix.club
>
> It's not really *within* Gemini, though, because the protocol differs
> from Gemini -- right? Yeah it's got 2-digit response codes like
> Gemini, but it's incompatible with Gemini for a couple reasons:
>
> * Gemini spec disallows setting the userinfo portion of the URI,
> meaning the email addresses aren't valid Gemini URIs
> * Gemini only allows the client to send data as part of the URI; the
> scheme used to send the body of the message with misfin *is* more
> useful than Gemini's intentionally-crippled approach, but it's
> suspiciously close to an HTTP POST and must therefore be named
> heretical.

Sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy!

Well, the protocol differs, but misfin is very nicely integrated in
the Gemini space, so that we now have an option to send emails to
Geminauts, which is very nice.

Once a user has signed up and received his key pair he can simply
add his email address to his capsule's contact info, with a misfin:
prefix, so that visitors know one can be reached within Gemini space.

--
Regards
Stefan

Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small web

<uv6v2h$mspg$2@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=595&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#595

From: pollux@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:07:29 +0200
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:07 UTC

Stefan Claas wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy!
>
> Well, the protocol differs, but misfin is very nicely integrated in
> the Gemini space, so that we now have an option to send emails to
> Geminauts, which is very nice.
>
> Once a user has signed up and received his key pair he can simply
> add his email address to his capsule's contact info, with a misfin:
> prefix, so that visitors know one can be reached within Gemini space.

Here is a picture how it looks like in the Lagrange client:

https://postimg.cc/Cz2zn8Y4

--
Regards
Stefan

Re: misfin (is) mail (for the) small web

<uv703b$mv1d$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=596&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#596

From: pollux@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:24:59 +0200
Finger: tilde.club/~pollux/
 by: Stefan Claas - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:24 UTC

Stefan Claas wrote:

> Pretty cool, IMHO - email within Gemini ... :-)
>
> gemini://misfin.org/
>
> more info:
>
> gemini://bbs.geminispace.org/s/misfin
>
> My email address on Geminispace is: