From: news@zzo38computer.org.invalid
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Astroget (similar than curl)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 11:43:50 -0800
 by: news@zzo38computer.org.invalid - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 19:43 UTC

I made a program called "astroget" which is a command-line client for
downloading and uploading files with Gemini and other protocols (it is
similar than curl in some ways).

I have sent it to the "awesome-gemini" on GitHub; hopefully they will
add it there and add it to the mirrors on other Git services too.

Because of the confusing of implementing TLS, and because you will
normally need to use separate functions for I/O with TLS vs non-TLS,
I wrote a C function which will do these things so that it can be used
in a more simple way; you can use the ordinary send/recv functions with
it rather than needing different ones for TLS.

Some things are still missing, though; hopefully they will be added later.

Also, it is public domain, so you are free to make your own modified
versions of it or to use some of its code in your own programs if you wish.

--
Don't laugh at the moon when it is day time in France.

Re: Astroget (similar than curl)

<097052b5-29b3-4f03-a80f-e75f53305beb@aol.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=511&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#511

From: Cobradabest@aol.com (Cobra!)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Re: Astroget (similar than curl)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:31:47 +0000
 by: Cobra! - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:31 UTC

On 28/01/2024 19:43, news@zzo38computer.org.invalid wrote:
> I made a program called "astroget" which is a command-line client for
> downloading and uploading files with Gemini and other protocols (it is
> similar than curl in some ways).
>
> I have sent it to the "awesome-gemini" on GitHub; hopefully they will
> add it there and add it to the mirrors on other Git services too.
>
> Because of the confusing of implementing TLS, and because you will
> normally need to use separate functions for I/O with TLS vs non-TLS,
> I wrote a C function which will do these things so that it can be used
> in a more simple way; you can use the ordinary send/recv functions with
> it rather than needing different ones for TLS.
>
> Some things are still missing, though; hopefully they will be added later.
>
> Also, it is public domain, so you are free to make your own modified
> versions of it or to use some of its code in your own programs if you wish.

Is there like a git repository anywhere for it?

Re: Astroget (similar than curl)

<1706560960.bystand@zzo38computer.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=512&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#512

From: news@zzo38computer.org.invalid
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:54:17 -0800
 by: news@zzo38computer.org.invalid - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 20:54 UTC

Cobra! <Cobradabest@aol.com> wrote:
> Is there like a git repository anywhere for it?

Yes. It is: https://github.com/zzo38/scorpion/blob/trunk/astroget.c

(Note that this repository contains other files as well, but not all of
them are related to astroget, although some files are related.)

(You can tell me if you have comments about it, including patches for
suggested changes, feature requests, questions, complaints, etc.)

--
Don't laugh at the moon when it is day time in France.

Re: Astroget (similar than curl)

<upbmq3$14ovl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=513&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#513

From: test@example.com (Leo)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:39:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Leo - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:39 UTC

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:54:17 -0800, news wrote:

> Cobra! <Cobradabest@aol.com> wrote:
>> Is there like a git repository anywhere for it?
>
> Yes. It is: https://github.com/zzo38/scorpion/blob/trunk/astroget.c
>
> (Note that this repository contains other files as well, but not all of
> them are related to astroget, although some files are related.)
>
> (You can tell me if you have comments about it, including patches for
> suggested changes, feature requests, questions, complaints, etc.)

Wow, Gopher, Gemini and HTTP support out of the box. It really is similar
to cURL. When can we expect email and FTP support?

--
Leo

Re: Astroget (similar than curl)

<1706675658.bystand@zzo38computer.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=514&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#514

From: news@zzo38computer.org.invalid
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 21:17:55 -0800
 by: news@zzo38computer.org.invalid - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 05:17 UTC

Leo <test@example.com> wrote:
> Wow, Gopher, Gemini and HTTP support out of the box. It really is similar
> to cURL. When can we expect email and FTP support?

I do not have any plans to implement email and FTP at this time (but in
future I might), although I may accept patches to implement these protocols
(you or anyone else is free to write such patches if you want to do).

--
Don't laugh at the moon when it is day time in France.