From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 05:26:15 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 05:26 UTC

Girl restrained and stripped by male prison staff
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68470183
March 5, 2024, 2:05 AM
Inspectors were "deeply shocked" by the treatment of a girl at Wetherby Young Offender Institution.
--------------------
Children starving to death in northern Gaza - WHO
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68471572
March 5, 2024, 3:31 AM
The World Health Organisation chief says 10 children have died due to lack of food in northern Gaza.
--------------------
Watch: 'My biggest financial regret is...'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68473711
March 5, 2024, 12:02 AM
People in Kent share their finance stories ahead of Wednesday's Budget. Would you share yours?
--------------------
Birmingham Council to vote on wave of budget cuts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68476173
March 5, 2024, 5:07 AM
The council declared itself effectively bankrupt last year and is trying to make £300m in savings.
--------------------
Top court says states can't ban Trump from ballots
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68280062
March 4, 2024, 7:46 PM
The ruling says only Congress can bar a candidate by invoking the insurrection clause in the Constitution.
--------------------
Firth's wet shirt from Pride and Prejudice on sale
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68415018
March 5, 2024, 12:54 AM
The shirt, which Colin Firth wore as Mr Darcy, could fetch as much as £10,000 in a charity auction.
--------------------
Would a £150,000 wage tempt you to a Scottish island?
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp041d66914o
March 4, 2024, 6:28 PM
High salaries are on offer to bring doctors and teachers to Scotland's most beautiful remote communities.
--------------------
Murder investigation after girl, 10, dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-68474591
March 4, 2024, 9:21 PM
Officers say a 33-year-old woman has been arrested after the child was found dead by police.
--------------------
Kerr pleads not guilty to racially aggravated offence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68471815
March 5, 2024, 4:49 AM
Chelsea striker Sam Kerr is set to appear in court next year after being charged with a racially aggravated offence, which she denies.
--------------------
Medical leaders back rise in physician associates
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68194718
March 5, 2024, 2:18 AM
But the doctors’ union is concerned about patient safety because of a new law regulating those roles.
--------------------
George Galloway vows to take Angela Rayner's seat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68467359
March 4, 2024, 9:56 PM
The Workers Party of Britain leader pledges his party will boot out Labour MPs in the general election.
--------------------
Police officer drags homeless man along ground
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68474637
March 4, 2024, 9:05 PM
The officer is also seen deliberately treading on the man's stomach in footage obtained by BBC News.
--------------------
China sets ambitious economic target for 2024
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68271274
March 5, 2024, 4:07 AM
The announcement comes as the ruling Communist Party tries to reinvigorate the Chinese economy.
--------------------
The Papers: NHS budget warning and Hunt 'to keep fuel tax cut'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-68475348
March 5, 2024, 1:21 AM
Concerns over NHS funding and the possible extension of a tax break for motorists lead the papers.
--------------------
What is Super Tuesday and why is it important?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68442842
March 5, 2024, 1:45 AM
The biggest day so far in the 2024 US election calendar will be a key test of the front-runners' strength.
--------------------
'I earn £1,600 a month and two thirds goes on bills'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68448107
March 5, 2024, 12:01 AM
Changes to tax thresholds and child benefit, help for first-time buyers - what do people want from the Budget?
--------------------
Concern as the gambling industry embraces AI
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68304137
March 5, 2024, 12:06 AM
Campaigners worry that the gambling industry will not use AI responsibly.
--------------------
In Ukraine, the show must go on - even underground
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68471119
March 5, 2024, 12:02 AM
Kharkiv National Opera and Ballet is reopening underground, away from Russian drones and missiles.
--------------------
Mr Ibu - the man who made Africa laugh
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-68467903
March 5, 2024, 12:51 AM
Nigerian comic actor John Okafor could make people erupt into laughter without even opening his mouth.
--------------------
How gangs came to dominate Haiti
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-68466563
March 4, 2024, 3:30 PM
Gang leaders have seized control of large swathes of Haiti, a country without any elected officials.
--------------------
Emma Caldwell's mother to meet first minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68470435
March 4, 2024, 10:58 PM
Margaret Caldwell is calling for an inquiry after it emerged police missed the chance to catch her daughter's killer.
--------------------
Government defeated in Lords over Rwanda bill
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68473525
March 4, 2024, 10:43 PM
Peers back five changes to the draft law aiming to revive the UK's Rwanda deportation scheme.
--------------------
Kate Middleton's uncle joins Celebrity Big Brother
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68469116
March 4, 2024, 11:08 PM
A Strictly dancer, two X-Factor judges and a Love Island winner are among the celebs entering the house.
--------------------
France makes abortion a constitutional right
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68471568
March 4, 2024, 7:24 PM
France becomes the first country to explicitly include the right to terminate a pregnancy in its constitution.
--------------------
Transparency tool launched by BBC Verify
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68474465
March 4, 2024, 6:58 PM
BBC Verify has introduced a new feature to show audiences how we know what we know.
--------------------
UN says rape likely committed in Hamas attack on Israel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68474899
March 5, 2024, 2:18 AM
The report also said there was "convincing information" hostages were subjected to sexual violence.
--------------------
Gatcombe Horse Trials cancelled after 40 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-68468391
March 4, 2024, 4:53 PM
The event, at Princess Anne's Gloucestershire residence, celebrated its 40th anniversary last year.
--------------------
When is the Budget and what will it mean for my money?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68359756
March 4, 2024, 2:19 PM
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt is reportedly mulling higher duty on business travel to pay for tax cuts.
--------------------
How much income tax and National Insurance do I have to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63635185
February 27, 2024, 2:17 PM
There is speculation that the government might cut income tax or National Insurance in the Budget.
--------------------
Five ways to save on train tickets as fares rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64827711
March 3, 2024, 2:11 AM
As rail fares rise on Sunday, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
--------------------
Who gets 15 hours of free childcare and when do I apply?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045
February 23, 2024, 4:29 PM
Parents in England wanting 15 hours free childcare for two-year-olds face an important deadline.
--------------------
How much is the minimum wage going up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674
February 28, 2024, 2:01 PM
Millions of workers in the UK will see their wages go up in April.
--------------------
Jeremy on the Hunt for Tax Cuts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hgcpxp
March 3, 2024, 12:40 PM
The Chancellor says he will only cut taxes in a responsible way
--------------------
Trump: The Sequel? An Americast x Panorama Special
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hgm6ql
March 4, 2024, 8:24 PM
After a legal win, we look at how Trump is seemingly beating the odds to stage a comeback
--------------------
Download now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10628994
June 13, 2023, 10:25 AM
Top stories, breaking news, live reporting, and follow news topics that match your interests
--------------------
Birmingham Council to vote on wave of budget cuts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68476173
March 5, 2024, 5:07 AM
The council declared itself effectively bankrupt last year and is trying to make £300m in savings.
--------------------
Nexus counselling contract extended for one year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68472495
March 4, 2024, 5:41 PM
Health minister announces a 12-month extension in funding for a service for victims of sexual violence.
--------------------
'I spent my 18th birthday wishing my missing mum would come home'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68473051
March 4, 2024, 6:03 PM
Khasha Smith missed her daughter Calley's 18th birthday, which family said was out of character.
--------------------
Three charged over death of two-year-old boy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68473076
March 4, 2024, 6:29 PM
Two-year-old Ethan Ives, from Deeside, died in 2021, with three people due to appear in crown court.
--------------------
'One of worst displays I've ever seen' - Sheff Utd's new low
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68474634
March 5, 2024, 12:13 AM
Sheffield United's first half against Arsenal was so bad, one pundit described it as "one of the worst performances I've ever seen".
--------------------
UK plans bid to host 2029 World Championships
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/68463924
March 4, 2024, 10:00 PM
UK Sport and UK Athletics are planning to bid to host the 2029 World Championships.
--------------------
FIA president Ben Sulayem investigated for alleged race interference
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516
March 4, 2024, 4:13 PM
The president of motorsport's governing body is under investigation for an alleged attempt to interfere over a Formula 1 race result.
--------------------
Arsenal put six past abysmal Sheffield United
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68399653
March 4, 2024, 10:11 PM
Arsenal cruise to a seventh successive Premier League win as they put six past a dreadful Sheffield United side at Bramall Lane.
--------------------
Rider, runner, winner - the second coming of Meier
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/68427968
March 5, 2024, 12:00 AM
Christian Meier rode as a domestique in all three Grand Tours - but locked down and retired, he found a new sporting obsession.
--------------------
Kerr pleads not guilty to racially aggravated offence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68471815
March 5, 2024, 4:49 AM
Chelsea striker Sam Kerr is set to appear in court next year after being charged with a racially aggravated offence, which she denies.
'A legendary figure' - darts commentator Green dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/68474175
March 4, 2024, 11:08 PM
Former darts commentator Tony Green, also known for his role on television show Bullseye, dies aged 85.

Click here to read the complete article