From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 05:16:17 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 05:16 UTC

Biden hopes for Gaza ceasefire by start of Ramadan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68453627
March 2, 2024, 1:09 AM
It comes amid tense talks and as calls for action to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in Gaza grow.
--------------------
US president treads carefully through Middle East political minefield
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68445974
March 2, 2024, 12:38 AM
Michigan's protest vote reminds the US president that Middle East turmoil could translate into electoral peril.
--------------------
Rents soar in commuter towns as tenants priced out of cities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68338400
March 1, 2024, 10:03 PM
Towns outside of big cities have seen some of the biggest rent rises as tenants choose comfort.
--------------------
How we tracked down the Ukrainian poison seller
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68413310
March 2, 2024, 3:52 AM
Leonid Zakutenko sold poison to vulnerable people who wanted to die - we confronted him at a post office in Kyiv.
--------------------
Can Raye break the Brits Awards record?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68445235
March 2, 2024, 2:18 AM
The star goes into Saturday's ceremony with a record seven nominations - here's all you need to know.
--------------------
How did the viral Willy Wonka experience go so wrong?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68431728
March 1, 2024, 11:00 PM
It was billed as "the place where chocolate dreams become reality" but became a worldwide sensation when the reality emerged.
--------------------
Kidney donor mum and son take on world on skis
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c80n0w5n473o
March 1, 2024, 10:49 PM
Just living a normal life was the biggest hope, now Alex will take on the world on the slopes.
--------------------
We must face down extremists, says Rishi Sunak
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68451333
March 1, 2024, 8:00 PM
Speaking from the steps of Downing Street, the prime minister attacks Islamists and far-right groups.
--------------------
Faisal Islam: Why this won't be the Budget that Jeremy Hunt wanted
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68449345
March 1, 2024, 10:02 PM
An economy in recession and high borrowing costs mean there will not be a bumper election giveaway.
--------------------
Killer whale vs shark: solo orca eats great white
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68446657
March 2, 2024, 2:05 AM
A killer whale is captured on camera hunting and "eviscerating" a great white shark in less than two minutes.
--------------------
Coleman beats Lyles to world indoor 60m gold
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/68449889
March 1, 2024, 11:42 PM
American Christian Coleman beats compatriot Noah Lyles to world indoor 60m gold in Glasgow.
--------------------
Screenwriter slams Doctors axing as filming ends
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c6pj870xypyo
March 1, 2024, 7:55 PM
The BBC says the daytime drama, which has run for 24 years, has been hit by rising production costs.
--------------------
Off with his head! Prince William pours dodgy pint in pub trip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68449403
March 1, 2024, 6:16 PM
Prince William admits the drink will take about an hour to settle after his trip to a Wrexham pub.
--------------------
The Papers: 'Democracy under threat' and 'Farewell Navalny'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-68453959
March 2, 2024, 1:15 AM
Many front pages lead with the Prime Minister's statement outside Downing Street on Friday.
--------------------
Chris Mason: PM's speech shows impact of Gaza war on UK politics
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68455310
March 2, 2024, 4:23 AM
The prime minister's Friday statement addressed 'extremism' on the streets of the country.
--------------------
Bad blood over Singapore Taylor Swift tour subsidies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68379688
March 1, 2024, 11:04 PM
Singapore paid taxpayer dollars to lock in Swift's shows - causing some bad blood in the region.
--------------------
How more than 100 Gazans were killed at a food aid drop
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68445973
March 1, 2024, 7:15 PM
BBC Verify analyses footage and Israeli statements to trace how the deadly incident unfolded on Thursday morning.
--------------------
Black country singers: 'We're tolerated, not celebrated'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68424004
March 2, 2024, 12:19 AM
As Beyonce goes country, black female country singers tell the BBC of their experience in the industry.
--------------------
The two faces of Robert F Kennedy Jr
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68447223
March 2, 2024, 1:20 AM
Mr Kennedy, who is running for US president, is seen by supporters as a truth-teller, but often spreads falsehoods.
--------------------
Republicans. rescues and wrestling: Photos of the week
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-68446895
March 2, 2024, 4:18 AM
A selection of striking images from around the world, taken over the past seven days.
--------------------
Download now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10628994
June 13, 2023, 10:25 AM
Top stories, breaking news, live reporting, and follow news topics that match your interests
--------------------
'Cousin of the Kelpies' unveiled on Glasgow canal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68447601
March 1, 2024, 7:52 PM
The 121m (397ft) mythical serpent named Bella lies along a regenerated area of north Glasgow.
--------------------
Rugby legend JPR remembered at memorial service
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68442778
March 1, 2024, 7:02 PM
JPR Williams was the "ultimate warrior" who "ripped up the rule book", say friends and team-mates.
--------------------
Faroe Islands jumper uncovered 200 years later
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68452333
March 1, 2024, 7:21 PM
It is among the contents of packages seized by the Royal Navy in 1807, and opened for the first time.
--------------------
Crowds chant anti-Putin slogans at Navalny funeral
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68450219
March 1, 2024, 9:04 PM
"Russia without Putin" mourners chanted, as they defied fear of arrest to bid farewell to Alexei Navalny.
--------------------
Jools 'can't believe' he's finally hit number one
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68449163
March 1, 2024, 5:56 PM
"I shall be celebrating tonight," says Jools Holland after topping the album chart with Rod Stewart.
--------------------
Three people injured in police pursuit shooting
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68453289
March 1, 2024, 10:34 PM
The suspects, riding a moped, fled the scene near Clapham Common, south London.
--------------------
Driver rescued from truck dangling off US bridge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68452977
March 1, 2024, 7:31 PM
Authorities will now try to remove the vehicle from its precarious position over the Ohio River.
--------------------
What are National Minimum Wage, National Living Wage and Real Living Wage?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674
February 28, 2024, 2:01 PM
Millions of workers in the UK will see their wages go up in April.
--------------------
When is the Budget and what will it mean for my money?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68359756
February 27, 2024, 12:22 PM
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt will set out the government's tax and spending plans in the spring Budget.
--------------------
Who gets 15 hours of free childcare and when do I apply?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045
February 23, 2024, 4:29 PM
Parents in England wanting 15 hours free childcare for two-year-olds face an important deadline.
--------------------
All you need to know about Friday's train strikes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61634959
March 1, 2024, 1:12 PM
LNER and Northern train drivers, plus London Overground staff, are all set to stage walkouts.
--------------------
How are income tax and National Insurance changing?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63635185
February 27, 2024, 2:17 PM
There is speculation that the government might cut income tax or National Insurance in the Budget.
--------------------
Sunak’s Surprise Downing Street Speech
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hg580x
March 1, 2024, 7:11 PM
The prime minister says "our democracy itself is a target" for extremists.
--------------------
Dizzy for Eurovision? A look back at nine iconic moments
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0fjp37x/the-list-eurovision-9-iconic-moments
February 27, 2024, 9:59 PM
Football star Eni Aluko's battle against online misogyny and racism.
--------------------
No release for double killer who mutilated bodies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-68445830
March 1, 2024, 3:54 PM
Marcus Osborne disfigured then killed his ex before murdering her new boyfriend, a court hears
--------------------
Free service for sexual violence victims to end
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68441358
March 1, 2024, 7:00 PM
A charity's free counselling service is ending and there is no replacement service lined up.
--------------------
Residents criticise council after RAAC found
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-68445961
March 1, 2024, 5:57 PM
The potentially dangerous concrete was found in about 500 homes in Aberdeen's Balnagask area.
--------------------
Trans children need more support - campaigners
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68295284
March 1, 2024, 10:51 PM
Sean Donovan says it is a "cop out" that Wales does not have a children's gender identity service.
--------------------
Coleman beats Lyles to world indoor 60m gold
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/68449889
March 1, 2024, 11:42 PM
American Christian Coleman beats compatriot Noah Lyles to world indoor 60m gold in Glasgow.
--------------------
Bayern drop points again with draw at Freiburg
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68451205
March 1, 2024, 10:35 PM
Bayern Munich could end the weekend 10 points off the Bundesliga's top spot after Freiburg snatch a late equaliser.
--------------------
Teenager Littler plays down Klopp praise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/68453517
March 1, 2024, 11:38 PM
Teenager Luke Littler plays down praise he received from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, describing it as "literally another day in my life."
--------------------
Verstappen takes pole in Bahrain for season opener
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68447770
March 1, 2024, 5:08 PM
Red Bull's Max Verstappen puts in a crushing performance to set pole position for the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix.
--------------------
Boulter storms through to San Diego semis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/68453510
March 1, 2024, 9:43 PM
British number one Katie Boulter storms through to her first WTA 500 semi-final with a straight sets victory over Croatia's Donna Vekic at the San Diego Open.
--------------------
'This is mine' - Coleman beats Lyles to 60m gold
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/athletics/68453982
March 1, 2024, 10:12 PM
Watch as American Christian Coleman beats compatriot Noah Lyles to gold in men's 60m final at the World Athletics Indoor Championships.
'Sensational' Bell into 1500m final on GB debut aged 30
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/athletics/68453599
March 1, 2024, 7:50 PM
Watch Great Britain's Georgia Bell and Revee Walcott-Nolan reach the 1500m final at the World Athletics Indoor Championships.

Click here to read the complete article