Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."

devel / comp.infosystems.gemini / Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

SubjectAuthor
* [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways ofAndrew
+- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysBen Collver
+- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways ofBen
+* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD
|`* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysJames Tomasino
| `- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD
`* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a sean
 +* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways oftpt
 |+- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a sean
 |+- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD
 |+* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysVisiblink
 ||`* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysf6k
 || `* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysVisiblink
 ||  `- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysf6k
 |`- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysMatthew Ernisse
 +* Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysJames Tomasino
 |+- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a sean
 |`- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways ofAndrew
 `- Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better waysjynx

1
[Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tjv4nk$1ipu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=315&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#315

From: singletona082@gmail.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of
updating a capsule are there?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 20:15:32 -0500
 by: Andrew - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 01:15 UTC

Hi Gemini,

I use Flounder Mostly because my means are few and it gave me an
opprotunity to test gemini out with a few caviats. Mainly a ten megabyte
overal size limit and a few thousand files that's got a cap of, I wanna
say... 128k each? Punishing if it were the web. Palacial on Gemini. This
isn't me complaining about the service (it's wonderful, thanks dude for
hosting even if it is a kinda fire and forget occasional tinkerbox
thing,) because free onramp as well as the on-server http/s proxy for
sharing with my friends circle.

I explain all this as way of going 'I don't own the server I can't do
server-side things.' I can SFTP into the server for uploads. That's
about the extent of it. I use filezilla for this process. I also use
linux mint 21.

Is there a better option for capsule managment and or pushing out content?

I do wish I had a better (read: Any) grasp of something even as simple
as python because for me there are a lot of differing things I wish
Icould automate.

Adding footers to gemlog posts to provide backlinks to the gemlog
subpage as well as the main page. The differing catagory pages as well
as main page getting altered to show when the latest content updates are
for a given segment (Gemlog, fiction, links, RPG discussion, etc etc.)
That's lessa request for someone else to make it and more a lament.

How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant
in how i"m doing this.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<slrntm6ej6.nd0.bencollver@svadhyaya.localdomain>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=316&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#316

From: bencollver@tilde.pink (Ben Collver)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 03:53:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ben Collver - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 03:53 UTC

Just offering another option: gFTP has a two-pane interface and can use
SSH2.

I manage my content in fossil SCM and upload with rsync. I use
--rsync-path="nice rsync" in an attempt to give priority to other
tilde users.

-Ben

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tjvjgf$1f5t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=317&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#317

From: benulo@systemli.org (Ben)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
updating a capsule are there?
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 10:27:43 +0500
 by: Ben - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 05:27 UTC

At first I was using rsync, but now I am using syncthing for
convenience. I simply edit the files locally on my machine and syncthing
handles the rest.

--
gemini://kwiecien.us/

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<875yfucjw8.fsf@dajpkgx.jaieqo>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=321&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#321

From: ehj46PkBWfBAng9C@VW28LtWn6wknpUMV.invalid (5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 08:41:43 +0800
 by: 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 00:41 UTC

Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Gemini,
>
> I use Flounder Mostly because my means are few and it gave me an
> opprotunity to test gemini out with a few caviats. Mainly a ten
> megabyte overal size limit and a few thousand files that's got a cap
> of, I wanna say... 128k each? Punishing if it were the web. Palacial
> on Gemini. This isn't me complaining about the service (it's
> wonderful, thanks dude for hosting even if it is a kinda fire and
> forget occasional tinkerbox thing,) because free onramp as well as the
> on-server http/s proxy for sharing with my friends circle.
>
> I explain all this as way of going 'I don't own the server I can't do
> server-side things.' I can SFTP into the server for uploads. That's
> about the extent of it. I use filezilla for this process. I also use
> linux mint 21.
>
> Is there a better option for capsule managment and or pushing out content?
>
> I do wish I had a better (read: Any) grasp of something even as simple
> as python because for me there are a lot of differing things I wish
> Icould automate.
>
> Adding footers to gemlog posts to provide backlinks to the gemlog
> subpage as well as the main page. The differing catagory pages as well
> as main page getting altered to show when the latest content updates
> are for a given segment (Gemlog, fiction, links, RPG discussion, etc
> etc.) That's lessa request for someone else to make it and more a
> lament.
>
> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm
> ineffeciant in how i"m doing this.

I haven't been updating my capsule in a while. I've been more focused on
Gopher. But when I used to update my capsule, I used to use rsync. It's
really easy to use and quick.

Though nowadays, I might just directly ssh into my remote server through
Emacs and interact with it that way. That's how I update my Gopher hole
and finger log nowadays.

--
Pointless meanderings in a bleak and lonely world.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<slrntmbmot.1qo3n.tomasino@cosmic.voyage>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=322&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#322

From: tomasino@cosmic.voyage (James Tomasino)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 03:40:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Tomasino - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 03:40 UTC

On 2022-11-05, 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD
<ehj46PkBWfBAng9C@VW28LtWn6wknpUMV.invalid> wrote:
> Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm
>> ineffeciant in how i"m doing this.
>>
> Though nowadays, I might just directly ssh into my remote server
> through Emacs and interact with it that way. That's how I update my
> Gopher hole and finger log nowadays.

Half the time I shell in and use burrow (my gopherhole helper) to
create/edit my posts. The other half of the time I'll do something on
another machine in the git repo that holds my gopher content. I've got a
git pull on a cron so I can just update the repo and it'll update on its
own within a few hours.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tk6ki2$2lsi5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=324&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#324

From: sean@conman.org
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 21:28:34 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: Sean Conner <spc@lucy.roswell.conman.org>
 by: sean@conman.org - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 21:28 UTC

It was thus said that the Great Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> once stated:

> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant
> in how i"m doing this.

Via email. It's also how I update my gopher phlog and blog. But I'm not
surprised it's not a popular option, given the number of people who have
given up on hosting their own email servers.

-spc

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tk7vr9$p3g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=325&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#325

From: Rajoduo@yahoo.com (tpt)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
updating a capsule are there?
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 10:47:18 +0100
 by: tpt - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 09:47 UTC

On 05-Nov-22 22:28, sean@conman.org wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> once stated:
>>
>> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant
>> in how i"m doing this.
>
> Via email. It's also how I update my gopher phlog and blog. But I'm not
> surprised it's not a popular option, given the number of people who have
> given up on hosting their own email servers.
>
> -spc

Hi all,

Can I add a follow up question on this thread: What are your hardware
hosting solutions? Is it on the cloud or some domestic solution (like
raspberry pie or something similar)? If by any chance cloud is the
answer, which provider?

Appreciate the detailed answers.

Cheers

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tk9ghm$3b8io$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=327&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#327

From: sean@conman.org
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 23:38:30 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: Sean Conner <spc@lucy.roswell.conman.org>
 by: sean@conman.org - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 23:38 UTC

It was thus said that the Great tpt <Rajoduo@yahoo.com> once stated:
> On 05-Nov-22 22:28, sean@conman.org wrote:
>> It was thus said that the Great Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> once stated:
>>>
>>> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant
>>> in how i"m doing this.
>>
>> Via email. It's also how I update my gopher phlog and blog. But I'm not
>> surprised it's not a popular option, given the number of people who have
>> given up on hosting their own email servers.
>
> Can I add a follow up question on this thread: What are your hardware
> hosting solutions? Is it on the cloud or some domestic solution (like
> raspberry pie or something similar)? If by any chance cloud is the
> answer, which provider?

It's a virtual server from a local hosting company. I know the owner, and
because of that, and helping him out from time to time, I get a very good
rate on the hosting. I used to work in the hosting business, so running my
own server isn't that much of an issue (I've been doing it since 1998
starting out on physical hardware). So far, I'm running email (Postfix),
web (Apache), gopher (my own software [1]), qotd (again, my own software)
and Gemini (my own software [2]). The interface between email and my
capsule (and phlog and blog) is again, some custom software [3]. The posts
are stored in the blog, and when referenced from Gemini or gopher, are
translated from HTML to the appropriate format (again, using my own
software---one of the perks (or curse) of being a programmer I guess).

Any type of server that you can get a public IP address will work (virtual
server at a cloud hosting company, Raspberry Pie at home, etc.). It just
comes down to how bad do you want to run your own server? [4]

-spc

[1] https://github.com/spc476/port70

[2] https://github.com/spc476/GLV-1.12556

[3] https://github.com/spc476/mod_blog

[4] Not many, from what I can see, and thus, the rise of the centralized
Internet.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<87sfivbkrz.fsf@dajpkgx.jaieqo>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=328&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#328

From: ehj46PkBWfBAng9C@VW28LtWn6wknpUMV.invalid (5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 09:44:48 +0800
 by: 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 01:44 UTC

James Tomasino <tomasino@cosmic.voyage> writes:

> The other half of the time I'll do something on another machine in the
> git repo that holds my gopher content. I've got a git pull on a cron
> so I can just update the repo and it'll update on its own within a few
> hours.

Cool. I used to make git hooks for both my gemini capsule and gopher
hole not too long back. I eventually gave up on maintaining it when I
had to switch to OpenBSD. I might revisit the idea to make updating a
little bit easier.

--
Pointless meanderings in a bleak and lonely world.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<87mt93bkjg.fsf@dajpkgx.jaieqo>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=329&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#329

From: ehj46PkBWfBAng9C@VW28LtWn6wknpUMV.invalid (5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 09:49:55 +0800
 by: 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 01:49 UTC

tpt <Rajoduo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Can I add a follow up question on this thread: What are your hardware
> hosting solutions? Is it on the cloud or some domestic solution (like
> raspberry pie or something similar)? If by any chance cloud is the
> answer, which provider?
>
> Appreciate the detailed answers.
>
> Cheers

Both? I have a gopher hole on a cheap VPS that also does a lot of other
little things for me. A little while back, I also have a small core2duo
machine at home that hosts a gopher hole but that was being routed
through Yggdrasil and Tor.

For the cloud, it's just your run of the mill VPS provider. Nothing
special. I think it's the lowest option or the second-lowest option in
that provider's offerings.

--
Pointless meanderings in a bleak and lonely world.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<slrntmgtda.20lcf.tomasino@cosmic.voyage>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=330&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#330

From: tomasino@cosmic.voyage (James Tomasino)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 03:04:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Tomasino - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 03:04 UTC

On 2022-11-05, sean@conman.org <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> once stated:
>>
>> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant
>> in how i"m doing this.
>
> Via email. It's also how I update my gopher phlog and blog. But I'm not
> surprised it's not a popular option, given the number of people who have
> given up on hosting their own email servers.

Oh, that's a good point. We have a ship on cosmic.voyage that you can
post to by emailing it. It's an in-universe anonymous relay, so it makes
sense from that side too. I have it locked down to only accept mail from
inside the system, though. I'd be too worried about email posting
floating out there for public access. Do you have a good way to secure
your own? Or do you just white-list the From: ?

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tkad3n$3hmbm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=331&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#331

From: sean@conman.org
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 07:45:59 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: Sean Conner <spc@lucy.roswell.conman.org>
 by: sean@conman.org - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 07:45 UTC

It was thus said that the Great James Tomasino <tomasino@cosmic.voyage> once stated:
> On 2022-11-05, sean@conman.org <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>> It was thus said that the Great Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> once stated:
>>>
>>> How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant
>>> in how i"m doing this.
>>
>> Via email. It's also how I update my gopher phlog and blog. But I'm not
>> surprised it's not a popular option, given the number of people who have
>> given up on hosting their own email servers.
>
> Oh, that's a good point. We have a ship on cosmic.voyage that you can
> post to by emailing it. It's an in-universe anonymous relay, so it makes
> sense from that side too. I have it locked down to only accept mail from
> inside the system, though. I'd be too worried about email posting
> floating out there for public access. Do you have a good way to secure
> your own? Or do you just white-list the From: ?

Since I'm the only one sending email in, I don't have to worry about the
From: line since I send the email to a random email address that has never
been published, and thus, no one knows it exists. Also, if the format of
the email isn't right, it will be rejected as well.

But your idea of whitelisting the From: address is good. Using a special
non-published email address is also good, as well as good validation of the
incoming email (format, GnuPG, PGP, etc.).

-spc

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<tkatm0$1lgk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=332&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#332

From: singletona082@gmail.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
updating a capsule are there?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 06:28:48 -0600
 by: Andrew - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 12:28 UTC

On 11/6/22 9:04 PM, James Tomasino wrote:
> On 2022-11-05, sean@conman.org <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> Oh, that's a good point. We have a ship on cosmic.voyage that you can
> post to by emailing it. It's an in-universe anonymous relay, so it makes
> sense from that side too. I have it locked down to only accept mail from
> inside the system, though. I'd be too worried about email posting
> floating out there for public access. Do you have a good way to secure
> your own? Or do you just white-list the From: ?

That is just plain cool man.

Glad to see you're still on Gemini man.

I really do need to look at Cosmic.

Off topic. thank you for the Fediverse/Mastadon video you posted recently.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<20221109182519.5d3665e9@thinkpad-l440.darkstar>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=335&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#335

From: visiblink@mail.invalid (Visiblink)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 18:25:19 -0800
 by: Visiblink - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 02:25 UTC

I have a phlog on zaibatsu.circumlunar.space, but my personal gopher
hole is on a raspberry pi zero w. It's running Debian, with pygopherd,
and FTP access on the home network only. I use DuckDNS as the dynamic
DNS to forward my domain name to my home IP (which is not static). It's
never failed yet, or at least, it's never failed when I've been paying
attention.

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 10:47:18 +0100
tpt <Rajoduo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can I add a follow up question on this thread: What are your hardware
> hosting solutions? Is it on the cloud or some domestic solution (like
> raspberry pie or something similar)? If by any chance cloud is the
> answer, which provider?
>
> Appreciate the detailed answers.
>
> Cheers

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<slrntn022l.268nq.matt@imladris.colo.ub3rgeek.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=337&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#337

From: matt@going-flying.com (Matthew Ernisse)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Matthew Ernisse - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55 UTC

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 10:47:18 +0100, tpt wrote:
> Can I add a follow up question on this thread: What are your hardware
> hosting solutions? Is it on the cloud or some domestic solution (like
> raspberry pie or something similar)? If by any chance cloud is the
> answer, which provider?

Almost all of my public-facing Internet services are hosted on an IBM
x3550 M3. It is the latest in a long line of machines that I've had
colocated at a local provider over the past decade and a half or so.
The gemini service itself is Molly Brown in a custom built container
running in a KVM VM that gets content provided via a git post-receive
hook.

--
"The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
--Kosh

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<slrnttl4el.9aad.f6k@xila.huld.re>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=347&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#347

From: f6k@huld.re (f6k)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:22:45 +0100
 by: f6k - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 16:22 UTC

Hello,

On 2022-11-10, Visiblink <visiblink@mail.invalid> wrote:
> I have a phlog on zaibatsu.circumlunar.space, but my personal gopher
> hole is on a raspberry pi zero w.

I'm running a Raspberry Pi 3B+ at home for my hosting (mainly http,
gopher, and little others things). I have a fixed IP and a stable
line, that helps a lot.

Visiblink, regarding hosting on a Pi Zero W, did you add a HAT for
ethernet? Or you just use Wi-Fi? In case you're just on Wi-Fi, you
never had problems related to accessibility?

I'm thinking to get a Pi 2W for my hosting and refurbish my 3B+ for
other things, but I'm quite concerned to have a server depending on
Wi-Fi (and so searched for ethernet HATs). Maybe you could share your
own experience?

-f6k

--
~{,_,"> huld.re <",_,}~

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<20230204204838.75e5954a@thinkpad-l440.darkstar>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=348&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#348

From: visiblink@mail.invalid (Visiblink)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 20:48:38 -0800
 by: Visiblink - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 04:48 UTC

On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:22:45 +0100
f6k <f6k@huld.re> wrote:

> Visiblink, regarding hosting on a Pi Zero W, did you add a HAT for
> ethernet? Or you just use Wi-Fi? In case you're just on Wi-Fi, you
> never had problems related to accessibility?
>
> I'm thinking to get a Pi 2W for my hosting and refurbish my 3B+ for
> other things, but I'm quite concerned to have a server depending on
> Wi-Fi (and so searched for ethernet HATs). Maybe you could share your
> own experience?
>
> -f6k

It's on WiFi. It's never been a problem. In fact, I have a non-WiFi Pi
Zero with a USB ethernet adapter that tends to freeze up and drop
connections. Maybe a hat would be better. In any case, the WiFi version
is completely reliable and I wish I'd just bought two of them.

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<slrntturc9.fcii.f6k@xila.huld.re>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=349&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#349

From: f6k@huld.re (f6k)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 09:49:13 +0100
 by: f6k - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 08:49 UTC

On 2023-02-05, Visiblink <visiblink@mail.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:22:45 +0100
>
> It's on WiFi. It's never been a problem. In fact, I have a non-WiFi Pi
> Zero with a USB ethernet adapter that tends to freeze up and drop
> connections. Maybe a hat would be better. In any case, the WiFi version
> is completely reliable and I wish I'd just bought two of them.

Ok! I think I'll try it then, when I'll have a chance to get a Pi Zero
2 W. Thank you very much.

-f6k

--
~{,_,"> huld.re <",_,}~

Re: [Newbie] [Question] Who here uses Filezilla? What better ways of updating a capsule are there?

<u1v5as$2uee5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=353&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#353

From: noreply@nohost.err (jynx)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
of updating a capsule are there?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 17:13:32 -0600 (MDT)
 by: jynx - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 23:13 UTC

sean@conman.org Wrote in message:r
> It was thus said that the Great Andrew <singletona082@gmail.com> once stated:> > How do the rest of you update your capsules? I feel like I'm ineffeciant > in how i"m doing this. Via email. It's also how I update my gopher phlog and blog. But I'm notsurprised it's not a popular option, given the number of people who havegiven up on hosting their own email servers. -spc

You've sent me down a rabbithole... I don't self host my email
server, but I own the domain. Currently I have a script running
every 15 minutes in cron that checks my main three addresses via
curl and empties the trash (I have rules on what I wish to see,
saves some clicks). Anyways, via this method a script could
harvest email, check to see it's from a trusted address, save it
to a text file, push it to git, etc... et voila!

Thank you for the idea!

--
jynx