From: bunburya@tilde.club (bunburya)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Newsgroup mirror
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:44:56 +0000
 by: bunburya - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:44 UTC

I have set up a mirror for this newsgroup at:

=> gemini://gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini

Hopefully some of you find it helpful (although if you are reading this
message on your news reader, you probably won't :P)

Re: Newsgroup mirror

<srred1$joh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=53&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#53

From: september@noulin.net (noscript)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Re: Newsgroup mirror
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:05:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: noscript - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:05 UTC

On 2022-01-12, bunburya <bunburya@tilde.club> wrote:
> I have set up a mirror for this newsgroup at:
>
>=> gemini://gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini
>
> Hopefully some of you find it helpful (although if you are reading this
> message on your news reader, you probably won't :P)

Thanks for this. I wonder why you have a redirect, do you generate the
pages statically?

Re: Newsgroup mirror

<srs2qg$1m56$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=54&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#54

From: bunburya@tilde.club (bunburya)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:54:08 +0000
 by: bunburya - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:54 UTC

On 14/01/2022 09:05, noscript wrote
> Thanks for this. I wonder why you have a redirect, do you generate the
> pages statically?

Yes, pages are served statically and are generated a couple of times a day.

What redirect are you referring to - do you just mean the redirect from
`gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini` to
`gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/` (with trailing slash)? If so,
that's just the way Molly handles requests for directories without a
trailing slash. The landing page is just an index.gmi within the
/newsgroups/gemini/ directory. If you request
`gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/` or
`gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/index.gmi` I believe there is no
redirect.

Re: Newsgroup mirror

<20220114221955.4f2c90b4@mba>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=57&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#57

From: september@noulin.net (noscript)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 22:19:55 +0200
 by: noscript - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 20:19 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:54:08 +0000
bunburya <bunburya@tilde.club> wrote:

> On 14/01/2022 09:05, noscript wrote
> > Thanks for this. I wonder why you have a redirect, do you generate
> > the pages statically?
>
> Yes, pages are served statically and are generated a couple of times
> a day.
>
> What redirect are you referring to - do you just mean the redirect
> from `gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini` to
> `gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/` (with trailing slash)? If so,
> that's just the way Molly handles requests for directories without a
> trailing slash. The landing page is just an index.gmi within the
> /newsgroups/gemini/ directory. If you request
> `gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/` or
> `gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/index.gmi` I believe there is
> no redirect.

I haven't implemented redirect in my gemini client.

You are right when I go to
gemini://gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/ there is no redirect and
I get the page.

Re: Newsgroup mirror

<t37fko$1vvr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=230&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#230

From: bunburya@tilde.club (bunburya)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:34:16 +0100
 by: bunburya - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:34 UTC

I noticed this hadn't been updated in months. My cronjob was returning
an error as the script choked on deleted messages. I've fixed it now,
though the code is rather hacky so not sure how resilient it will prove.

I've also implemented a properly formatted index page that you should be
able to subscribe to as if it were a gemlog:
gemini://gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/messages/

Re: Newsgroup mirror

<t37g13$5d0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=231&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#231

From: vasco.costa@invalid.invalid (Vasco Costa)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:40:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Vasco Costa - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:40 UTC

On 13/04/2022, bunburya <bunburya@tilde.club> wrote:

> I noticed this hadn't been updated in months. My cronjob was returning
> an error as the script choked on deleted messages. I've fixed it now,
> though the code is rather hacky so not sure how resilient it will
> prove.
>
> I've also implemented a properly formatted index page that you should
> be able to subscribe to as if it were a gemlog:
> gemini://gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/messages/

Your script does a pretty neat job and the index page makes it easy to
subscribe to the newsgroup via Gemini. Thanks for this!

--
Vasco Costa

AKA gluon. Enthusiastic about computers, motorsports, science,
technology, travelling and TV series. Yes I'm a bit of a geek.

Gemini: gemini://gluonspace.com/

Re: Newsgroup mirror

<t381kj$544$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=232&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#232

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 02:41:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 02:41 UTC

Very cool!

On 2022-04-13, bunburya <bunburya@tilde.club> wrote:

> I noticed this hadn't been updated in months. My cronjob was returning
> an error as the script choked on deleted messages. I've fixed it now,
> though the code is rather hacky so not sure how resilient it will prove.
>
> I've also implemented a properly formatted index page that you should be
> able to subscribe to as if it were a gemlog:
> gemini://gemini.bunburya.eu/newsgroups/gemini/messages/

--
gemini://hispagatos.org
gemini://rek2.hispagatos.org