From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 00:05:44 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 00:05 UTC

Biden administration blames chaotic Afghan pull-out on Trump
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65208663?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 10:26 PM
A report says President Biden was "severely constrained", but implies evacuations could have begun sooner.
--------------------
Beckton fire: Man arrested on suspicion of murder after person dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65209573?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 10:00 PM
Five people are also known to have been injured in the fire in east London, and taken to hospital.
--------------------
Women's Finalissima: England beat Brazil in dramatic shootout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65193111?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 9:35 PM
England beat Brazil in a dramatic penalty shootout to win the first Women's Finalissima and extend their unbeaten run to 30 games.
--------------------
Man murdered pregnant wife by pushing her off Arthur's Seat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65199907?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 4:08 PM
Fawziyah Javed was killed by Kashif Anwar after telling her mother she was going to leave him.
--------------------
Easter travel: Millions setting off on getaway as delays likely
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65206317?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 9:27 PM
Some hold-ups on the roads are expected, as fine and settled weather is forecast across the UK.
--------------------
Give me more power to sack officers - Met chief
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65203633?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 4:10 PM
Sir Mark Rowley says he wants to drive rogue officers out after a series of high profile scandals.
--------------------
Israel blames Hamas for Lebanon rocket barrage as tensions rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-65204423?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 10:12 PM
The attack, which saw 34 rockets fired into northern Israel, comes at a time of rising tension.
--------------------
Ofsted unfit for purpose, says ex-inspector
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-65207784?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 5:39 PM
Dr Martin Hanbury tells BBC he quit his role this week concerned it could cause "more harm than good."
--------------------
Cardiff flat owner gets tax bills for 11,000 Chinese firms
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65205520?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 7:56 PM
Dylan Davies's hundreds of VAT bills for companies he had never heard of totalled £500,000.
--------------------
MP Scott Benton claims ways around hospitality rules
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65207681?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 7:02 PM
The MP was suspended by the Tories after being filmed offering to lobby ministers for a fake company.
--------------------
US President Joe Biden expected to visit only one NI venue
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-65199224?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 4:05 PM
An invitation to address the Stormont assembly has also been turned down, BBC News NI understands.
--------------------
Ex-Italy PM Silvio Berlusconi in intensive care
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65199641?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 6:26 PM
Hospital officials say he has a chronic form of blood cancer after he is rushed to hospital in Milan.
--------------------
Cost of living: What payments are available and how do you claim?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 4, 2023, 2:06 PM
Low-income households, pensioners and some disabled people can get extra help with energy bills.
--------------------
'My rented home is mouldy but I can't afford to move'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65136313?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 6:21 AM
Renters in Blackpool tell the BBC they're struggling while living in flats which have poor energy efficiency ratings.
--------------------
Cost of living: What do I do if I can't afford to pay my debts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:44 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
How to crack Easter on a budget
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_easter?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 4, 2023, 12:38 PM
BBC Food's money saving tips for making Easter weekend extra special.
--------------------
Six tips for getting a job if you're over 50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64625372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 16, 2023, 11:05 AM
Recruiters and charities give their advice for anyone wanting to get back into work.
--------------------
Cost of living: The Peterborough mosque-run food hub at Ramadan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-65087052?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 3, 2023, 12:58 AM
In a matter of months, a food hub in Peterborough has seen the number needing help grow seven-fold.
--------------------
How to get a job: Six expert tips for finding work
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64939070?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 14, 2023, 2:29 PM
There are 10m people out of work in the UK, so if you're searching for a job you're not alone. Here are some tips on how to get started.
--------------------
Renting: Three ways to win the race to securing a property
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65089308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2023, 11:14 PM
From being first in the queue to being more flexible, here are some tips on how to get ahead in the rental race.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Food prices: How the humble shopping list is saving us money
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65103377?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 12:41 AM
Soaring food prices mean some families are missing meals and desperate for deals, but preparation can help.
--------------------
Rent prices: How much have they gone up in your area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65103937?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2023, 11:30 PM
Use our interactive tool to find out what the average rent is in your area.
--------------------
What is happening to house prices, and could there be a crash?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63147101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 31, 2023, 9:02 AM
How are rising interest rates changing the housing market around the UK?
--------------------
Four changes to energy bills support from April
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65091341?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 30, 2023, 11:58 PM
Colletta Smith tells you - in one minute - about changes to the discounts and payments available.
--------------------
The Papers: 'Bad Friday' and 'King backs slavery research'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-65209634?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:38 PM
Friday's papers feature travel disruption and King Charles's support for new slavery research.
--------------------
What we can learn from a lonely death in social housing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65187603?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:11 PM
Bureaucracy, isolation and government mistakes all led to a woman lying dead in her London flat for two years.
--------------------
The cost of the Ukraine war for one Russian regiment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65179074?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 5, 2023, 11:05 PM
The decline of the "elite" 331st regiment can be measured in loss to machinery and personnel.
--------------------
What you need to bring to vote in elections is changing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65175641?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 1:37 AM
The BBC's Ione Wells explains, in a minute, the new rules in England ahead of local elections on 4 May.
--------------------
Death of woman who went from sore throat to coma highlights sepsis risks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65191845?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 5:37 AM
Bethannie Booth's family want others to be aware of the symptoms of the deadly infection.
--------------------
Russian girl who drew anti-war image handed to mother
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65200649?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:34 AM
The Russian girl was taken away from her father after her school reported the picture to the authorities.
--------------------
How Dame Deborah James' family remember her
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65197641?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 5:58 AM
The family of Dame Deborah James pay tribute to her after a fund started by her reaches £11.3m.
--------------------
Every Eurovision song's chances rated, from Albania to the UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65043969?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 5, 2023, 11:20 PM
All 37 countries have now submitted their entries. But which are the gems and what are the duds?
--------------------
How many complaints are made against police officers, and how many are sacked?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64469642?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 3:32 PM
There were almost 88,000 complaints against offers in England and Wales in the year to March 2022.
--------------------
UK’s first women-only residential treatment for gamblers offers hope
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65176800?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 4:59 AM
The BBC has been given exclusive access to the UK's first female-only residential gambling treatment centre.
--------------------
Pentonville Prison: Ex-inmate explains impact of overcrowding
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64869698?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 1:41 AM
A former Pentonville inmate explains what life is like at the jail, where the population is soaring.
--------------------
'We turned down a client to uphold gay rights'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65173246?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 5, 2023, 11:03 PM
The global B Corp business accreditation scheme rewards firms that behave ethically.
--------------------
Masters 2023: Rory McIlroy makes slow start as Jon Rahm, Viktor Hovland & Brooks Koepka lead
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65194952?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:13 PM
Rory McIlroy makes another slow start as his latest quest for an elusive Masters title saw him finish seven shots off the lead after day one.
--------------------
England win Women's Finalissima: 'Another box ticked' - Lionesses find a way yet again
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65209139?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:02 PM
Conceding a late equaliser and dealing with the pressures of a penalty shootout at Wembley Stadium - this was the test England needed and they passed it.
--------------------
Masters 2023: Scottie Scheffler, Jon Rahm & Brooks Koepka in day one's best shots
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/65210022?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:06 PM
Watch the best shots from day one of the 2023 Masters, featuring last year's champion Scottie Scheffler and joint leaders Jon Rahm and Brooks Koepka.
--------------------
Naples: A city on the brink as Napoli close in on first title in 33 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65193538?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:00 PM
As Napoli close in on a first Serie A title since the days of Diego Maradona, Neapolitans are feeling proud, passionate and primed to party.
--------------------
Formula 1: Red Bull budget cap penalty 'very light', says Ferrari's Frederic Vasseur
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65209594?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 11:02 PM
Ferrari say Red Bull's strong start to the season is partly due to their being given a "very light" punishment for breaking Formula 1's budget cap.
Jimmy White's bid for World Championship return ends in second round of qualifying
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/65208980?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 6, 2023, 6:37 PM
Jimmy White's bid to return to the World Championship ends in the second round of qualifying as he loses to Martin O'Donnell at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.

Click here to read the complete article