From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 23:52:12 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 23:52 UTC

Cafe bomb in St Petersburg kills Russian military blogger
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65155075?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 7:42 PM
A bomb blast in a St Petersburg cafe kills Russian Vladlen Tatarsky, who blogged from the Ukraine frontline.
--------------------
Sanna Marin defeated by Finland's conservatives in tight race
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65157357?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 10:38 PM
After a dramatic three-way race, Petteri Orpo claims victory in Finland's election.
--------------------
Dover delays: Long waits persist for coach passengers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65151700?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 9:45 PM
Parents tell of children waiting on coaches for more than 12 hours, but the port says the situation is easing.
--------------------
Trump 'gearing up for battle' at New York court hearing, lawyer says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65142623?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 5:10 PM
The former president says he will address supporters in Florida after his Tuesday court hearing in New York.
--------------------
Braverman says Rwanda is safe despite evidence of refugee killings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65153807?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 12:42 PM
The home secretary is challenged over evidence that refugees were shot dead by police there in 2018.
--------------------
Olivier Awards 2023: Mescal, Comer and Totoro triumph
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65137911?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 9:41 PM
Paul Mescal and Jodie Comer win the main acting prizes while My Neighbour Totoro wins six awards.
--------------------
Graham Potter sacked by Chelsea after less than seven months in charge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64205562?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 10:49 PM
Chelsea sack manager Graham Potter after less than seven months in charge of the Premier League club.
--------------------
Twitter's blue ticks disappear as Musk attacks NY Times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65156216?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 5:06 PM
The New York Times Twitter account has lost its blue tick after it said it would not pay to stay verified.
--------------------
Ryuichi Sakamoto: Japanese electronic music maestro dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65155073?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 3:05 PM
The award-winning composer and producer, whose fans included David Bowie, has died aged 71.
--------------------
Two of three British men being held by Taliban allowed call to families
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65156379?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 3:52 PM
Kevin Cornwell, 53, and an unnamed man were said to have spoken "freely" during the phone call.
--------------------
BBC presenter Susan Rae thanks listeners for support after Alzheimer's diagnosis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65155817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 7:30 PM
Radio 4 announcer Susan Rae was diagnosed last year and her sons launched an appeal to fund her care.
--------------------
Child sex abuse: Failure to report crimes to be made illegal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65152581?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 9:50 PM
Ministers plan to compel teachers and social workers to flag up signs of abuse - or face sanctions.
--------------------
Oil prices surge after surprise move to cut output
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65157555?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 11:28 PM
Brent Crude jumps by more than $5 a barrel after a group of oil exporters say they will cut production.
--------------------
Food prices: How the humble shopping list is saving us money
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65103377?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 12:41 AM
Soaring food prices mean some families are missing meals and desperate for deals, but preparation can help.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Renting: Three ways to win the race to securing a property
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65089308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2023, 11:14 PM
From being first in the queue to being more flexible, here are some tips on how to get ahead in the rental race.
--------------------
Rent prices: How much have they gone up in your area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65103937?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2023, 11:30 PM
Use our interactive tool to find out what the average rent is in your area.
--------------------
What is happening to house prices, and could there be a crash?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63147101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 31, 2023, 9:02 AM
How are rising interest rates changing the housing market around the UK?
--------------------
Cost of living: What do I do if I can't afford to pay my debts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:44 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
Four changes to energy bills support from April
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65091341?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 30, 2023, 11:58 PM
Colletta Smith tells you - in one minute - about changes to the discounts and payments available.
--------------------
Cost of living: What payments are available and how do you claim?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 27, 2023, 11:37 AM
Low-income households, pensioners and some disabled people can get extra help with energy bills.
--------------------
Council tax: What is it and how much is it rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55765504?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 30, 2023, 1:28 PM
Millions of households across the UK will see a sharp increase in council tax bills in April.
--------------------
Exhausting, costly, miserable: My search to rent a one-bed flat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64625435?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 16, 2023, 2:16 AM
Lorna Acquah's search to find a rental flat was filled with long queues, bidding wars and greasy kitchens.
--------------------
State pension: What is it worth and when do you get it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 30, 2023, 10:29 AM
The government is set to confirm the planned state pension age rise to 68 will not be brought forward.
--------------------
'It's tougher than ever to be a comedian'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65038562?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 29, 2023, 5:19 AM
Stand-ups share what it is like to make a living - and make people laugh - amid a cost of living crisis.
--------------------
Rent increases: What you can do about a rise from your landlord
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63290805?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 17, 2022, 10:42 PM
The BBC's Lora Jones tells you four things you can do, if your landlord asks for more money.
--------------------
Cost of living: What are your rights as a tenant when you're renting?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65038459?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 26, 2023, 11:05 PM
With one in five people now renting in the UK, it's important to understand your rights as a tenant.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 23, 2023, 1:49 PM
The rate at which prices are rising has jumped again, driven by soaring food prices.
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 23, 2023, 1:17 PM
Homeowners are worried about higher mortgage costs, but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
Energy bills: What can I do if I can't afford to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62435432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 3, 2023, 1:45 PM
If you're struggling to afford your gas and electricity bills, what options are available?
--------------------
UK interest rates: What the rise means for you
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57764601?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 23, 2023, 12:20 PM
The Bank of England has raised the rate from 4% to 4.25%, creating higher mortgage costs.
--------------------
Mortgage calculator: how much will my mortgage go up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63474582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 10:47 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much mortgage payments could go up for your household.
--------------------
Six tips for getting a job if you're over 50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64625372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 16, 2023, 11:05 AM
Recruiters and charities give their advice for anyone wanting to get back into work.
--------------------
'It's kicking off!' BBC's Bunce steps in to stop bust-up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/65155516?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 11:49 AM
Watch as 5 Live commentator Steve Bunce removes his headphones to hold Tony Bellew back during a ringside scuffle after the Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin fight.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Where are Russia's opposition leaders now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65113186?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 12:57 AM
President Putin rules virtually unchallenged, with opponents forced to leave Russia - or worse.
--------------------
Andrew Tate: See luxury villa where brothers are under house arrest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65150613?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 1, 2023, 10:23 PM
The BBC's Lucy Williamson looks at the compound where Andrew Tate and brother Tristan are confined.
--------------------
Anger and anxiety - inside pro-Trump online networks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65136641?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 1, 2023, 9:48 PM
Donald Trump called on his supporters to protest about his indictment - so how are they responding?
--------------------
Jo Wilson legacy: 'I want the world to talk about dementia'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65097911?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 1:02 AM
Bill Wilson wants better understanding of dementia after losing his wife Jo to the disease.
--------------------
What's next for Anthony Joshua? Tyson Fury? Deontay Wilder? Dillian Whyte?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/65142534?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 9:47 AM
After Anthony Joshua's comfortable yet underwhelming win over Jermaine Franklin, BBC Sport looks at what's next for him.
--------------------
Martine Vik Magnussen: Billionaire’s son admits role in death to BBC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65033048?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 28, 2023, 3:44 PM
Farouk Abdulhak, who fled to Yemen after the death of a student in London, admits his involvement.
--------------------
'It's possible my family owned MP's ancestors'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65125332?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 1:11 AM
Ex-BBC journalist Laura Trevelyan says it's possible her family owned Clive Lewis's ancestors.
--------------------
Fentanyl - a killer drug’s trail of destruction
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65111226?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 1, 2023, 9:51 PM
Americans are dying from fentanyl overdoses at an alarming rate. But the tragic story begins further south.
--------------------
Laura Kuenssberg: Should we shut down AI?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65147841?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 1, 2023, 2:51 PM
Should we worry about artificial intelligence, or embrace the possibilities it brings, asks Laura Kuenssberg.
--------------------
The ferry in the Netherlands hosting refugees and migrants
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65137156?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 1, 2023, 5:11 AM
The Dutch government is hosting 900 migrants and asylum seekers on the Silja Europa passenger ship.
--------------------
Masters: Augusta winner for LIV would spark group celebration by 18th green, says Greg Norman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65158414?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 10:43 PM
LIV Golf commissioner Greg Norman says he is getting "goosebumps" thinking about one of his players winning the Masters.
--------------------
Women's Six Nations 2023: England 68-5 Italy - Abby Dow scores four tries in emphatic win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/65156172?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 4:12 PM
England continued their dominant start to the Women's Six Nations with an 12-try victory against Italy at Northampton's Franklin's Gardens.
--------------------
PSG 0-1 Lyon: Lionel Messi's name whistled by own fans as PSG lose again
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65158596?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 9:08 PM
Lionel Messi's name is met by whistles from some Paris St-Germain fans before they fall to a seventh defeat of 2023 against Lyon.
--------------------
IPL 2023: Jos Buttler hits 54 off 22 balls in Rajasthan Royals win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65156712?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 4:25 PM
England limited-overs captain Jos Buttler strikes 54 off 22 balls as Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 72 runs in the Indian Premier League.
--------------------
Next Chelsea manager: Nagelsmann, Pochettino, Zidane - who should replace Potter?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65139632?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 8:31 PM
BBC Sport looks at some of the title-winning managers who are currently out of work and could interest Chelsea after Graham Potter's sacking.
Brendan Rodgers: Leicester City sacking is a dramatic fall from grace for manager and club
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65155054?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 3:28 PM
Brendan Rodgers' sacking by Leicester represents a fall from grace for both manager & club, says BBC Sport's Phil McNulty.

Click here to read the complete article