From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 22:56:03 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 22:56 UTC

Aukus deal: US, UK and Australia agree on nuclear submarine project
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-64945819?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 10:43 PM
The US, UK and Australia say new nuclear-powered submarines will help ensure stability in the Pacific.
--------------------
PM: China represents challenge to world order
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64943445?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 9:56 PM
The PM says the UK will increase defence spending because "the world has become more volatile".
--------------------
Gary Lineker to return to Match of the Day as BBC's Tim Davie denies climbdown
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64936917?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 8:45 PM
Director general Tim Davie says the BBC will carry out an independent review into its social media rules.
--------------------
Ros Atkins on… Gary Lineker and the BBC’s impartiality crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64946486?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 8:03 PM
The BBC’s analysis editor examines the BBC's impartiality guidance, after the corporation struck a deal with Gary Lineker over his controversial tweets.
--------------------
Gary Glitter: Paedophile former pop star recalled to prison
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64946392?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 7:57 PM
The singer, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was jailed in 2015 for sexually abusing three schoolgirls.
--------------------
Dick Fosbury: The athlete who developed the 'Fosbury Flop' dies aged 76
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/64945985?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 8:16 PM
Dick Fosbury - the man who revolutionised the high jump in athletics - has died at the age of 76.
--------------------
Swansea: Man dies after gas explosion in Morriston
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64941189?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 8:19 PM
Police say the body of a man was recovered from the site of a reported gas explosion.
--------------------
Good Friday Agreement: US president Joe Biden planning NI visit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64945943?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 10:26 PM
US President Joe Biden has said he intends to visit NI after being invited to mark the anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement.
--------------------
King gives Commonwealth speech of 'tolerance and respect'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64940533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 5:36 PM
King Charles receives a traditional Maori greeting, in a Commonwealth service emphasising diversity.
--------------------
I've never seen the NHS this bad - junior doctor
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64938278?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 5:01 PM
Birmingham doctor Shivam Sharma says he is worried for the future of the healthcare system.
--------------------
Eleanor Williams sentencing: Men tried to take own lives over rape lies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-64943465?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 3:29 PM
Eleanor Williams lied to police and posted on Facebook she had been trafficked by an Asian gang.
--------------------
Norfolk deer herd crossing road holds up coastguard patrol
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-64939626?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 10:57 AM
A coastguard patrol team pulls over to let a few deer cross the road - and they keep on coming.
--------------------
Phyllida Barlow: Renowned British sculptor dies aged 78
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64946354?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 10:12 PM
The Newcastle-born artist had a long career teaching art before her breakthrough.
--------------------
Homeless children: Living with trauma, tears and tiredness
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64889778?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 1:35 AM
Homeless children speak about life in cramped temporary accommodation, and the fear of constant moving.
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 2, 2023, 1:58 PM
Homeowners are worried about higher mortgage costs, but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
Why is childcare so expensive and what help is available?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 1:11 AM
As many parents across the country struggle with rising childcare costs, why is it so expensive?
--------------------
Cost of living: What do I do if I can't afford to pay my debts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:44 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
Energy saving tips: Five ways to cut costs this winter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2022, 3:08 AM
With winter weather here and energy prices up, here are some ways to save money on your bills.
--------------------
Budget 2023: 'My energy bills have doubled to £3,000 in a year'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64874571?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 5:39 PM
A florist in Slough warned now is not the time to scale back support with energy bills.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on train tickets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64827711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 1:33 PM
As rail fares increase, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
--------------------
Cold weather: What does an unheated room do to your body?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63602501?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:11 AM
The BBC's health and science correspondent undergoes an experiment to find out how a cold home affects him.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I skip university lectures to do paid work instead'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64816948?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:12 AM
Heidi is one of many students who say the rising cost of living is affecting their studies.
--------------------
Money Diary: ‘I saved £19 on my bills this week’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64557568?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 1:00 AM
Ruth, a 33-year-old jewellery designer from Birmingham, shares her weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Cost of living: The care leavers struggling to find university accommodation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64735909?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:19 AM
Uni students who are estranged from their families say they often struggle to get a rent guarantor.
--------------------
Always-available veg recipes you can rely on through shortages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/always_available_veg#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~zxmhvj6~P_Food_Turnips%5D
March 3, 2023, 2:12 PM
If the limited veg availability has left your meal plans looking shaky, here are some ideas for reliable, always plentiful and simple to prep vegetables to fall back on.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'My DJ gigs bring in £3,000 a month'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64539318?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:59 AM
Aaron, a 33-year-old DJ from east London, shares his weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Renting: Tenants seek 'bills included’ homes as energy costs rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64824002?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 3, 2023, 12:01 AM
The phrase "bills included" rises up the list of renters' search terms, but few landlords offer it.
--------------------
Cost-of-living crisis: 'I lived on tea and coffee for a week'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-64803121?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:12 AM
As the government's energy support ends, we talk to those who are struggling with costs.
--------------------
Is it cheaper to study in a coffee shop or at home?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64708230?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 24, 2023, 1:08 AM
As prices rise, are there cheaper places than home to work or study?
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 15, 2023, 8:26 AM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen slightly, but inflation remains near a 40-year high.
--------------------
Love Island final: Has the social media ban been good for contestants?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64939576?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 6:08 PM
Zara Lackenby-Brown and Tanyel Revan talk about the impact on trolling - and their follower count.
--------------------
SNP leadership race: The party members deciding the next first minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64942980?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 2:04 PM
As voting opens in the SNP leadership race, we spoke to party members at hustings in Glasgow.
--------------------
From Belfast barista to Beverly Hills - story of an Oscars star
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64938764?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 4:23 PM
James Martin, one of the stars of Oscar-winning An Irish Goodbye, is taking Hollywood by storm.
--------------------
Why am I the only male Scottish footballer to come out?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64888400?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 6:21 AM
Zander Murray asks why he is the only male senior Scottish footballer to reveal publicly that he is gay.
--------------------
Ray Wood: How dad's goal to create 'two of greatest female tennis players ever' changed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/64901157?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 7:52 AM
Ray Wood's dream was to turn his daughters into "two of the greatest female tennis players" in history. Russell Fuller catches up with him five years later to see how the plan is going.
--------------------
How a dictator’s daughter built £200m property empire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-64915348?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 12:01 AM
Gulnara Karimova bought homes and a jet with funds obtained via bribery and corruption, a report says.
--------------------
How the search for Iraq's secret weapons fell apart
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-64914542?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 12:11 AM
Twenty years after the Iraq war, controversy still rages over whether "weapons of mass destruction" (WMDs) ever existed.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Life in Mariupol under Russian occupation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64887890?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 12:03 AM
Russia captured Mariupol in May after a brutal siege. Now, it's trying to win hearts and minds.
--------------------
Antonio Conte: Tottenham manager should leave the club immediately, says Chris Sutton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64944457?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 10:12 PM
Tottenham boss Antonio Conte should leave the club immediately if he does not want to commit his future to Spurs, says pundit Chris Sutton.
--------------------
Kyle Walker-Peters: Southampton defenders calls for more work to prevent abuse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64936987?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 9:55 PM
Southampton defender Kyle Walker-Peters says more needs to be done to prevent online racist abuse.
--------------------
Cheltenham Festival 2023: Preview as Constitution Hill seeks Champion Hurdle win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/64875351?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 5:35 PM
The four-day Cheltenham Festival starts on Tuesday with Nicky Henderson's Constitution Hill hot favourite to win the Champion Hurdle.
--------------------
What has gone wrong for England - and what happens next?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64938583?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 1:32 PM
With the help of former England internationals Ugo Monye and Chris Ashton, BBC Sport explores why England suffered a record defeat by France on Saturday.
--------------------
Falkirk 2-1 Ayr United: Kennedy goal takes Falkirk into last four of the Scottish Cup
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64857304?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 10:30 PM
League One Falkirk become the first third-tier side to reach the Scottish Cup semi-finals since 2014 after coming from behind to beat Ayr United.
--------------------
WSL best goals featuring Chelsea's Sam Kerr and Aston Villa's Rachel Daly
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64939311?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 5:59 PM
Watch the best goals from this weekend's Women's Super League action featuring Aston Villa's Rachel Daly and 'one of the goals of the season' from Chelsea's Sam Kerr.
--------------------
Oscars (not red) carpet: The best fashion looks - in pictures
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64935067?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 1:26 AM
The famous Hollywood red carpet may have changed colour, but the glamour was the same as ever.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: Michelle Yeoh's mum in tears as she celebrates historic victory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64942684?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 1:47 PM
Michelle Yeoh becomes the first Asian woman to win the Academy Award for best actress.
--------------------
Everything Everywhere All At Once: A guide to the references, Easter eggs and meanings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64938320?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 5:38 PM
What to look out for, whether you're watching the Oscar-winner for the first time, or the sixteenth.
--------------------
Vanity Fair party: Behind-the-scenes on the red carpet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64946198?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 6:55 PM
The BBC's Colin Paterson shows what it's like reporting from the Vanity Fair party.
--------------------
Ke Huy Quan: From forgotten child star of Indiana Jones and The Goonies to Oscars hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64935656?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 7:44 AM
He was a child star in the 1980s, but gave up on acting when Hollywood gave up on him.
--------------------
Oscars winners at the 95th Academy Awards - full list
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64935479?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 3:42 AM
Everything Everywhere All at Once scoops the best picture Oscar - as Michelle Yeoh wins best actress.
--------------------
7 best Oscars moments from the 95th Academy Awards
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64935925?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 7:20 AM
A full-circle moment, a very hyperactive bear and a reference to The Slap feature in the ceremony.
--------------------
Brendan Fraser caps comeback with best actor win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64345843?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 4:46 AM
The star of The Mummy and George of the Jungle returns from a decade in "the wilderness".
--------------------
Oscars 2023: An Irish Goodbye wins best short film Oscar
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64903140?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 8:21 PM
An Irish Goodbye wins the Academy Award for best short film on actor James Martin's 31st brithday.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: RRR's Naatu Naatu wins best original song
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64935389?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 4:33 AM
The song Naatu Naatu from the Telugu-language movie is the first Indian film song to win an Oscar.
--------------------
Watch: Brendan Fraser and other stars arrive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64935379?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 1:31 AM
Watch stars as they arrive at the 2023 Oscars.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: How to watch the winning films
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64388101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 5:52 AM
Find out about this year's main Academy Award winners and where you can see them.
--------------------
How #OscarsSoWhite changed the Academy Awards
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64883399?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 12:13 PM
This year's Oscar nominees speak about the steps that have been taken - and the road still ahead
--------------------
How the Match of the Day row played out... in 90 seconds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64929759?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 3:13 AM
A walkout by Match of the Day staff saw the show broadcast without commentary or pundits this weekend.
--------------------
Gary Lineker revolt becomes a test of BBC's values
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64929269?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 11:36 PM
The broadcaster is facing a test of its fundamental values and mission following a day of tumult.
--------------------
'Not affected by one party or other' - BBC boss denies Tory pressure in Gary Lineker row
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64937660?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 11:42 AM
Gary Lineker will be back on BBC screens this weekend.
--------------------
Football star who became a Saturday TV fixture
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64895590?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:54 PM
The ex-England player is one of the most recognisable figures associated with the BBC.
--------------------
Gary Lineker: Impartiality row leads to fresh calls for BBC chairman to resign
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64926923?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 7:09 PM
The BBC chairman is under renewed pressure with the broadcaster in the grip of a major impartiality row.
--------------------
I can't say anything at the moment, I'm sorry - Gary Lineker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64932702?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 2:54 PM
Gary Lineker speaks to press outside his house as it seems there is still no resolution to the tweet row.
--------------------
BBC and Gary Lineker: Tweets decision comes at high price for BBC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64922674?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 11:34 PM
One of the BBC's best loved presenters has been taken off air due to an impartiality row.
--------------------
Gary Lineker: BBC director general Tim Davie's interview in full
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64928580?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 8:06 PM
Watch Nomia Iqbal's full interview with the BBC director general on the Gary Lineker crisis.
BBC Director General Tim Davie quizzed on Lineker row
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64922157?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 8:19 PM
The Match of the Day host will not host the show until an agreement is reached on how he uses social media.

Click here to read the complete article