From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 22:53:29 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 22:53 UTC

Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 9:31 PM
The BBC took the decision after an impartiality row over his criticism of the government's asylum plans.
--------------------
Sunak and Macron summit: UK to give £500m to help France curb small boat crossings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64916446?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 4:26 PM
The cash will fund a French detention centre and is a big increase on what the UK already pays France.
--------------------
Belvedere deaths: Nadja De Jager and her sons found at house
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64916557?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:42 PM
Nadja De Jager and her sons Alexander, nine, and Maximus, seven, were found on Thursday morning.
--------------------
The chef, the model and Rishi's missing millions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64879444?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 6:04 PM
The inside story of Britain’s biggest Bounce Back Loan fraud - £10m stolen by one criminal gang.
--------------------
More snow and ice forecast for parts of the UK after travel chaos
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64916816?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 4:30 PM
Temperatures are set to drop "like a stone" overnight, bringing the risk of freezing ice.
--------------------
Meta exploring plans for Twitter rival
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64917397?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:32 PM
Meta is looking at plans to launch a new social media app in its bid to displace Twitter.
--------------------
Hamburg shooting: Police spoke to gunman weeks before attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64918160?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:48 PM
He co-operated with officers and there was not enough grounds to take away his gun, police say.
--------------------
Cardiff crash victims were not found for 46 hours - police
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64918697?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 3:58 PM
Eve Smith, 21, Rafel Jeanne, 24, and Darcy Ross, 21, died after the car crash in Cardiff.
--------------------
Italy migrants: Hundreds in trouble off Calabria coast
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64920955?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 7:10 PM
Rescue efforts are under way near the scene of a shipwreck in which dozens of migrants died last month.
--------------------
Sharon Stone says Basic Instinct role cost her custody of her son
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64892225?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:26 PM
Her famous flash in the 1992 erotic thriller made the judge rule for the father, she says.
--------------------
Campaigners slam government river bathing decision
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-64919789?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 6:51 PM
Just one river included in government's proposal for new designated swimming sites
--------------------
Asteroid headed toward Earth may arrive on Valentine's Day 2046 - Nasa
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64919125?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:00 PM
The space rock has about a 1 in 560 chance of hitting this planet, the agency says.
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 2, 2023, 1:58 PM
Homeowners are worried about higher mortgage costs, but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
Why is childcare so expensive and what help is available?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 1:11 AM
As many parents across the country struggle with rising childcare costs, why is it so expensive?
--------------------
Cost of living: What do I do if I can't afford to pay my debts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:44 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
Energy saving tips: Five ways to cut costs this winter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2022, 3:08 AM
With winter weather here and energy prices up, here are some ways to save money on your bills.
--------------------
Budget 2023: 'My energy bills have doubled to £3,000 in a year'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64874571?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 5:39 PM
A florist in Slough warned now is not the time to scale back support with energy bills.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on train tickets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64827711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 1:33 PM
As rail fares increase, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
--------------------
Cold weather: What does an unheated room do to your body?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63602501?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:11 AM
The BBC's health and science correspondent undergoes an experiment to find out how a cold home affects him.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I skip university lectures to do paid work instead'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64816948?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:12 AM
Heidi is one of many students who say the rising cost of living is affecting their studies.
--------------------
Money Diary: ‘I saved £19 on my bills this week’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64557568?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 1:00 AM
Ruth, a 33-year-old jewellery designer from Birmingham, shares her weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Cost of living: The care leavers struggling to find university accommodation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64735909?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:19 AM
Uni students who are estranged from their families say they often struggle to get a rent guarantor.
--------------------
Always-available veg recipes you can rely on through shortages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/always_available_veg#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~zxmhvj6~P_Food_Turnips%5D
March 3, 2023, 2:12 PM
If the limited veg availability has left your meal plans looking shaky, here are some ideas for reliable, always plentiful and simple to prep vegetables to fall back on.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'My DJ gigs bring in £3,000 a month'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64539318?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:59 AM
Aaron, a 33-year-old DJ from east London, shares his weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Renting: Tenants seek 'bills included’ homes as energy costs rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64824002?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 3, 2023, 12:01 AM
The phrase "bills included" rises up the list of renters' search terms, but few landlords offer it.
--------------------
Cost-of-living crisis: 'I lived on tea and coffee for a week'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-64803121?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:12 AM
As the government's energy support ends, we talk to those who are struggling with costs.
--------------------
Is it cheaper to study in a coffee shop or at home?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64708230?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 24, 2023, 1:08 AM
As prices rise, are there cheaper places than home to work or study?
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 15, 2023, 8:26 AM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen slightly, but inflation remains near a 40-year high.
--------------------
Gary Lineker: Football star who became a Saturday TV fixture
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64895590?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:54 PM
The ex-England player is one of the most recognisable figures associated with the BBC.
--------------------
Mexico kidnapping: A twisted moral code explains cartel's apology
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-64921765?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:08 PM
Mexico's criminal gangs adopt a warped code of ethics - and the kidnap of Americans broke the rules.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: Michelle Yeoh eyes a victory for 'unseen' Asian communities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-64820346?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 10:13 PM
The actress tells the BBC what her possible victory would mean to Asians around the world.
--------------------
Why Afro hair textures need to be represented
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-64917296?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 12:57 PM
Zimbabwean entrepreneur Tendai Moyo highlights the importance of texture representation in the hair industry.
--------------------
Donald Trump: His four biggest legal problems
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61084161?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 3:39 PM
It can be difficult to keep track of the ex-president's legal battles - here's what you need to know.
--------------------
Robert Blake in pictures: From Hollywood to murder accused
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64911059?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 3:56 AM
Images from the life of the late film star who was tried and acquitted of killing his wife.
--------------------
Quiz of the week: Which cheese was in the news?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-64901559?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 5:39 PM
How closely have you been paying attention to what's been going on over the past seven days?
--------------------
Libianca: The true story behind the star's 'more alcohol' song, People
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64873467?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 12:10 AM
People (Check On Me) is poised to enter the UK Top 10 this week - a first for a Cameroonian artist.
--------------------
Is there a better way to insulate our draughty homes?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64636384?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 12:05 AM
Aerogel is described as the most effective insulating material known to science, so why isn't it used more?
--------------------
British Pie Awards: 'Why I'm aiming high with my doner kebab pie'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-64864452?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 1:24 AM
With entries including bacon cheeseburger and doner kebab, the British Pie Awards have never been more varied.
--------------------
How the US power grid is a target for far-right groups
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64832129?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 9:12 PM
Terrorism experts say extremist groups are increasingly talking about targeting that key infrastructure.
--------------------
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2-1 Kilmarnock: Second-tier side into Scottish Cup last four
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64799897?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:07 PM
Second-tier Inverness Caledonian Thistle book a place in the Scottish Cup semi-finals as they came from behind to stun top-flight Kilmarnock.
--------------------
Premiership: Northampton 45-26 Bath: Northampton score six tries in victory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64899892?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:36 PM
Northampton bounce back from a record Premiership loss last week to beat bottom of the table Bath 45-26.
--------------------
Super League: Leigh Leopards 20-12 St Helens - Leigh fight back to beat champions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/64907218?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:37 PM
Leigh Leopards score four second-half tries to defeat reigning Super League champions St Helens.
--------------------
World Baseball Classic: Panama's Luis Castillo makes tremendous catch after colliding with team-mate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/baseball/64914390?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:03 AM
Watch as Panama's Luis Castillo makes a tremendous catch after colliding with team-mate Jose Ramos during their World Baseball Classic match against Chinese Taipei.
--------------------
Players Championship: Rory McIlroy, Scottie Scheffler & Jon Rahm suffer contrasting fortunes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/64922604?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:44 PM
The top three players in the world suffer contrasting fortunes as storms curtail day two of the Players Championship at Sawgrass in Florida.
--------------------
Tyson Fury v Oleksandr Usyk: Undisputed fight unlikely to happen next, says Usyk's promoter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64721812?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 8:13 PM
The undisputed heavyweight fight between Briton Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk is "unlikely to happen next," according to the Ukrainian's promoter.
--------------------
BBC Director General Tim Davie quizzed on Lineker row
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64922157?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 8:19 PM
The Match of the Day host will not host the show until an agreement is reached on how he uses social media.
Match of the Day to air with no presenters or pundits after Gary Lineker told to step back
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64918162?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 10:44 PM
Pundits including Ian Wright and Alan Shearer had said they would not appear on Saturday's show.

Click here to read the complete article