From: usenet@om.gay (Kévin)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Subject: Re: Google Groups
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 15:26:23 +0000
 by: Kévin - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 15:26 UTC

Tamin'ny 31 Oct 2021 tamin'ny 09:02:27 CET, "Jason Evans"
<jsevans@mailfence.com> dia nanoratra hoe:

> I just wanted to say that this new group still isn't being carried by
> Google Groups. This is bad for giving an easy way to use the group from
> the web, but it is good because a huge amount of Usenet spam comes from
> Google Groups, so this group should be relatively spam free.

It's a mixed bag, if you want somebody to dip their toes you present something
to them in a way they're used to. Unfortunately, that way is Google for the
majority.

But as Google Groups is so fckd and I've seen about 3 posts from there in
various places that weren't SPAM, I'm not exactly going to cry about that.

A solution to that would be somebody (I might actually for another project
with some of my internal groups) could spin up http://fudforum.org/forum/
which has usenet integration but it means managing a web forum and having to
be all kinds of crazy with accounts.

-Kévin

--
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

- George Carlin

Re: Google Groups

<dog_cow-1643734532@macgui.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=120&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#120

From: dog_cow@macgui.com (D Finnigan)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:55:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: D Finnigan - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:55 UTC

Kévin wrote:

> A solution to that would be somebody (I might actually for another project
> with some of my internal groups) could spin up http://fudforum.org/forum/
> which has usenet integration but it means managing a web forum and having
> be all kinds of crazy with accounts.

This Gemini newsgroup is on the Web here:
https://macgui.com/usenet/?group=121

If you have an account, you can post to the newsgroup there too.

Re: Google Groups

<kc9ocixo5r72.ln2@frank65.news.oh.mg>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=121&group=comp.infosystems.gemini#121

From: kevin@oh.mg (K??vin)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gemini
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 19:05:41 +0100
 by: K??vin - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 18:05 UTC

Anonymous wrote on Tue, 01 February 2022 17:55
> Originally posted by: D Finnigan
>
> This Gemini newsgroup is on the Web here:
> https://macgui.com/usenet/?group=121
>
> If you have an account, you can post to the newsgroup
> there too.

I've been having a play getting my internal groups on
forum.oh.mg since I wrote that post, so I also plonked it
here too - https://forum.oh.mg/index.php/f/9/2/

I'm kind of hoping this works, but no guarantees