From: retroguy@novabbs.org (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: rslight and newsreaders
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 05:51:40 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 12:51 UTC

I've been messing with (installing and trying) different newsreaders with
rslight recently. So far they seem to be working well.

Running Gnus prompted me to fix the 'LIST ACTIVE news.group' command, which
is the point of trying these newsreaders. I want to see what commands
rslight is maybe not responding to properly.

The command did work for Gnus, but sent more info that necessary, so wasted
bandwidth. That is fixed now.

I've tried nn, slrn, some other console progs I can't remember atm, Pan,
Gnus, Sylpheed, Claws, Thunderbird, Microplanet Gravity, Xpn, mesnews,
freeagent, XNews and 40tude Dialog (which is a favourite of mine from the
past). Using it right now.

I'm sure I tried some others, but can't remember right now.

It seems that rslight is responding to newsreaders well enough to use what
you like. If you find a reader that sends a command and does not get a
proper response, please let me know.

--
Retro Guy