Simulations are like miniskirts, they show a lot and hide the essentials. -- Hubert Kirrman

devel / comp.lang.ada / Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo Blanco
+- Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Dirk Craeynest
+* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo Blanco
|`* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo Blanco
| `- Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Rod Kay
`* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo / Irvise
 +* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo / Irvise
 |`- Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Rod Kay
 `* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo / Irvise
  `* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo / Irvise
   `* Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Nioclás Pól Caileán de Ghloucester
    `- Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023Fernando Oleo / Irvise

1
Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<u57eer$2d6kf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9679&group=comp.lang.ada#9679

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo Blanco)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 14:27:07 +0200
 by: Fernando Oleo Blanco - Wed, 31 May 2023 12:27 UTC

Hi all,

this message contains the final time of the meeting, connection details
and other info.

The (first!) Ada Monthly Meetup will take place this Saturday 3rd of
June at 13:00 UTC Time. That corresponds to 15:00 CET (Central European
Time: Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Rome...).

The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that
runs on any modern browser. The link is
https://meet.jit.si/2023AdaMonthlyMeetupJune The room name is
"2023AdaMonthlyMeetupJune" and in case it asks for a password, it will
be set to "first".
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
just in case someone needs it.

Talks:

No one proposed any topics, but that is fine as **this first meeting
will not be recorded.** I will record it for internal testing and to see
how it works, but it will not be published.

Having no talks will allow us, the community, to discuss any technical
issues and comments that may help improve the experience of the monthly
meetup. However, I will give a short introduction and share my ideas at
the beginning :) Someone could also propose a topic for the next meetup too.

If I forgot something, please, point it out so that any issues can get
patched out.

Best regards,
Fer

P.S: I, Fer, will post this over at the C.L.A and Ada-Lang.io. Feel free
to repost this to Reddit, Gitter/Matrix, Telegram or any other channels!
The more people know about this, the better (I hope).

P.P.S: this if for C.L.A only. The main thread was named "Ada Monthly
Meetup Proposal". However, as this is no longer a proposal, but the
actual thing, I am creating a new thread. For more information, please,
refer to the aforementioned thread!

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<u59q4a$2ooh0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9685&group=comp.lang.ada#9685

From: dirk@orka.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:58:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dirk Craeynest - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:58 UTC

Fernando Oleo Blanco <irvise_ml@irvise.xyz> wrote:
>P.S: I, Fer, will post this over at the C.L.A and Ada-Lang.io. Feel free
>to repost this to Reddit, Gitter/Matrix, Telegram or any other channels!
>The more people know about this, the better (I hope).

Reposted to all Ada-Belgium members. HTH

Dirk
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/Ada-Europe/SIGAda/WG9)

+-------------/ Home: http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~dirk/ada-belgium
|Ada-Belgium / E-mail: ada-belgium-board@cs.kuleuven.be
+-----------/ Maillist: ada-belgium[-info]-request@ls.kuleuven.be

* 27th Ada-Europe Int. Conf. Reliable Software Technologies (AEiC 2023)
* June 13-16, 2023, Lisbon, Portugal, www.ada-europe.org/conference2023

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<u7hk5a$1q7q4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9762&group=comp.lang.ada#9762

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo Blanco)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 17:38:18 +0200
 by: Fernando Oleo Blanco - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 15:38 UTC

Hi all,

this message contains the final time of the meeting, connection details
and other info.

The first “official” Ada Monthly Meetup will take place this Saturday,
1st of July, at 13:00 UTC Time. That corresponds to 15:00 CET (Central
European Time: Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Rome…).

The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that
runs on any modern browser. The link is
https://meet.jit.si/AdaMonthlyMeetup The room name is “AdaMonthlyMeetup”
and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to “AdaRules”.
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
just in case someone needs it.

Talks:

No one proposed any topics, but there was a proposal that I quite liked!
An Ada user told me they would like for people to present themselves
with a brief introduction so that listeners and other new users could
tell who is who. I think this is a great idea as that allows the
community to get closer together, know who is who and what they work on
and have a better understanding of the speakers and their background.
Obviously, this will be optional, nobody will be forced to do this in
any kind of way. The introductions should be short (think 30s to a
minute) and I will be the first one to do it to help break the ice :smiley:

If I forgot something, please, point it out so that any issues can get
patched out.

Notice! The link to the room has been changed to be more “universal”. So
please, share it with people who received the old link. Another point is
that the password, in case it is needed, has also changed. I sadly
cannot block the room with a password unless a moderator in connected.
This means that there is a very unlikely chance someone could vandalise
the room, but I do not expect this to be a problem. Also the
presentation will not be streamed just yet. I did not have time to test
it but Maxim kindly agreed to help, so that will be coming down the line.

Best regards,
Fer

P.S: I, Fer, will post this over at the C.L.A and Ada-Lang.io . Feel
free to repost this to Reddit, Gitter/Matrix, Telegram or any other
channels! The more people know about this, the better (I hope).

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<udt2k2$28q7o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10047&group=comp.lang.ada#10047

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo Blanco)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 21:30:10 +0200
 by: Fernando Oleo Blanco - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:30 UTC

Hello everybody!

I would like to announce the October Ada Monthly Meetup which will be
taking place on the 7th of October at 13:00 UTC time (15:00 CET). As
always the meetup will take place over at Jitsi. Hopefully this time I
will not have the same amount of technical issues…

If someone would like to propose a talk or a topic, feel free to do so!
I will be talking about FOSDEM, but only for a couple of minutes, since
the dates have already been announced (the same as every year, first
weekend of February).

Here are the connection details from previous posts:
The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that
runs on any modern browser. The link is [1]. The room name is
“AdaMonthlyMeetup” and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to
“AdaRules”.
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
just in case someone needs it.

[1] https://meet.jit.si/AdaMonthlyMeetup

Best regards and see you soon!
Fer

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<uemd9l$oamg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10102&group=comp.lang.ada#10102

From: rodakay5@gmail.com (Rod Kay)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 20:06:51 +1000
 by: Rod Kay - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 10:06 UTC

I might give a small talk on swig4ada, if that would be of interest.

If it's possible to request talks, I'd love to see an overview of
'Pragmarc' and 'Simple Components' by Jeffrey and Dmitry.

I used the neural net component of Pragmarc many years ago but have
not kept up with Pragmarcs development. Also, I've been meaning to look
into Simple Components for quite a while.

Regards.

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<ug6l95$1uo42$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10190&group=comp.lang.ada#10190

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo / Irvise)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 19:16:21 +0200
 by: Fernando Oleo / Irvi - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 17:16 UTC

Hello everybody!

I would like to announce the November Ada Monthly Meetup which will be
taking place on the 4th of November at **14:00 UTC time (15:00 CET)**.
As always the meetup will take place over at Jitsi. Hopefully this time
I will not have the same amount of technical issues…

If someone would like to propose a talk or a topic, feel free to do so!
Streaksu, the creator of the [Ironclad](https://ironclad.cx/) kernel,
has volunteered to give an introductory talk and demonstration of the OS :)

Here are the connection details from previous posts:
The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that
runs on any modern browser. The link is [Jitsi Meet
](https://meet.jit.si/AdaMonthlyMeetup) The room name is
“AdaMonthlyMeetup” and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to
“AdaRules”.
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
just in case someone needs it.

Best regards and see you soon!
Fer

P.S: careful with the time! In the EU we will enter daylight savings
time at the end of October. For that reason, I have decided to change
the meeting to UTC 14:00h! Please, check you local timezones!

P.P.S: the October meeting went pretty well! We had quite a few people
and two presentations, one from Francesc, who introduced
[Alice](https://github.com/alice-adventures/Alice) and Rod Kay, who
showed his work on [SWIG4Ada](https://github.com/charlie5/swig4ada). The
meeting was livestreamed to Youtube and can be watched
[here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnuy663gZM) (the video
resolution is only 360p for the time being).

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<ui0vsu$2chin$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10240&group=comp.lang.ada#10240

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo / Irvise)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 21:13:18 +0100
 by: Fernando Oleo / Irvi - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:13 UTC

Small reminder that the meetup will take place this Saturday, in just a
couple of days!

See you there!
Fer

On 10/11/23 19:16, Fernando Oleo / Irvise wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I would like to announce the November Ada Monthly Meetup which will be
> taking place on the 4th of November at **14:00 UTC time (15:00 CET)**.
> As always the meetup will take place over at Jitsi. Hopefully this time
> I will not have the same amount of technical issues…
>
> If someone would like to propose a talk or a topic, feel free to do so!
> Streaksu, the creator of the [Ironclad](https://ironclad.cx/) kernel,
> has volunteered to give an introductory talk and demonstration of the OS :)
>
> Here are the connection details from previous posts:
> The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that
> runs on any modern browser. The link is [Jitsi Meet
> ](https://meet.jit.si/AdaMonthlyMeetup) The room name is
> “AdaMonthlyMeetup” and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to
> “AdaRules”.
> I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
> the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
> as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
> just in case someone needs it.
>
> Best regards and see you soon!
> Fer
>
> P.S: careful with the time! In the EU we will enter daylight savings
> time at the end of October. For that reason, I have decided to change
> the meeting to UTC 14:00h! Please, check you local timezones!
>
> P.P.S: the October meeting went pretty well! We had quite a few people
> and two presentations, one from Francesc, who introduced
> [Alice](https://github.com/alice-adventures/Alice) and Rod Kay, who
> showed his work on [SWIG4Ada](https://github.com/charlie5/swig4ada). The
> meeting was livestreamed to Youtube and can be watched
> [here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnuy663gZM) (the video
> resolution is only 360p for the time being).

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<cb3a1af3-5792-43e4-a523-cf9af6c30a47@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10241&group=comp.lang.ada#10241

From: rodakay5@gmail.com (Rod Kay)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 18:39:56 +1100
 by: Rod Kay - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 07:39 UTC

On 3/11/23 07:13, Fernando Oleo / Irvise wrote:
> Small reminder that the meetup will take place this Saturday, in just a
> couple of days!
>
> See you there!
> Fer

Looking forward to it, Fer. Ironclad sounds *very* interesting.

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<uiu3sv$t16m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10254&group=comp.lang.ada#10254

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo / Irvise)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:19:27 +0100
 by: Fernando Oleo / Irvi - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:19 UTC

Hello everybody!

I would like to announce the December Ada Monthly Meetup which will be
taking place on the 2nd of December at **14:00 UTC time (15:00 CET)**.
As always the meetup will take place over at Jitsi. The Meetup will also
be livestreamed to Youtube :)

If someone would like to propose a talk or a topic, feel free to do so!
We currently have no topics ;)

Meet](https://meet.jit.si/AdaMonthlyMeetup) The room name is
“AdaMonthlyMeetup” and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to
“AdaRules”.
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
just in case someone needs it.

Best regards and see you soon!
Fer

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<uqdmnu$1l705$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10418&group=comp.lang.ada#10418

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo / Irvise)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 19:06:54 +0100
 by: Fernando Oleo / Irvi - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 18:06 UTC

Hello everybody!

I would like to announce the March (2024) Ada Monthly Meetup which will
be taking place on the 9th of March at 14:00 UTC time (15:00 CET). As
always the meetup will take place over at Jitsi. The Meetup will also be
livestreamed to Youtube.

If someone would like to propose a talk or a topic, feel free to do so!
We currently have no topics :wink:

Here are the connection details from previous posts:
The meetup will take place over at Jitsi, a conferencing software that
runs on any modern browser. The link is [1]. The room name is
“AdaMonthlyMeetup” and in case it asks for a password, it will be set to
“AdaRules”.
I do not want to set up a password, but in case it is needed, it will be
the one above without the quotes. The room name is generally not needed
as the link should take you directly there, but I want to write it down
just in case someone needs it.

Best regards and see you soon!
Fer

[1] https://meet.jit.si/AdaMonthlyMeetup

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<6aab697d-4ace-1532-43c0-9fb928e71fef@insomnia247.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10422&group=comp.lang.ada#10422

From: Master_Fontaine_is_dishonest@Strand_in_London.Gov.UK (Nioclás Pól Caileán de Ghloucester)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 14:00:08 +0100
 by: Nioclás Pól Caile - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:00 UTC

Hello!

It is not still 2023!

With kind regards.

Re: Ada Monthly Meetup 2023

<ur070b$20rok$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10472&group=comp.lang.ada#10472

From: irvise_ml@irvise.xyz (Fernando Oleo / Irvise)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 19:34:51 +0100
 by: Fernando Oleo / Irvi - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:34 UTC

On 2/15/24 14:00, Nioclás Pól Caileán de Ghloucester wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It is not still 2023!
>
> With kind regards.

Ouch! True! I will make a new thread with the reminder in the next few
days ^^

Cheers,
Fer