You had mail. Paul read it, so ask him what it said.

devel / comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects / Re: errore limit execeeded

SubjectAuthor
* errore limit execeededaurora baccio
+* Re: errore limit execeededFranz Rachbauer
|`* Re: errore limit execeededaurora baccio
| `- Re: errore limit execeededJamal
`- Re: errore limit execeededWolfgang Riedmann

1
errore limit execeeded

<92a4ca6c-102e-4d23-9380-3d510861919cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=931&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#931

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:52:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: errore limit execeeded
From: aurorabaccio@gmail.com (aurora baccio)
 by: aurora baccio - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:52 UTC

Good evening to all
what does this error mean that appears during the execution of the application ?
limit exceeded
kid stack size limit exceeded
PatientWithoutRecipeMask:Choice_Ok line 35
this is line 35
FabCenterWindow(oChoice)
where oChoice is the reference Mask to recall.
This error does not appear in VOERROR. log and finally I was able to reconstruct it, but it appears in other parts of the application.
as always thanks to all.
Aurora Baccio

Re: errore limit execeeded

<sid1gp$hga$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=932&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#932

From: office@rachbauer.org (Franz Rachbauer)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Subject: Re: errore limit execeeded
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 18:33:26 +0200
 by: Franz Rachbauer - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 16:33 UTC

Maybe this helps:
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects/c/EXM73l7bhyg
Regards

Am 21.09.2021 um 17:52 schrieb aurora baccio:
> Good evening to all
> what does this error mean that appears during the execution of the application ?
> limit exceeded
> kid stack size limit exceeded
> PatientWithoutRecipeMask:Choice_Ok line 35
> this is line 35
> FabCenterWindow(oChoice)
> where oChoice is the reference Mask to recall.
> This error does not appear in VOERROR. log and finally I was able to reconstruct it, but it appears in other parts of the application.
> as always thanks to all.
> Aurora Baccio

Re: errore limit execeeded

<a3aba1d0-8a50-4065-920a-2a1a75a651dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=934&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#934

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: aurorabaccio@gmail.com (aurora baccio)
 by: aurora baccio - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 17:12 UTC

Il giorno martedì 21 settembre 2021 alle 18:33:33 UTC+2 Franz Rachbauer ha scritto:
> Maybe this helps:
> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects/c/EXM73l7bhyg
> Regards
> Am 21.09.2021 um 17:52 schrieb aurora baccio:
> > Good evening to all
> > what does this error mean that appears during the execution of the application ?
> > limit exceeded
> > kid stack size limit exceeded
> > PatientWithoutRecipeMask:Choice_Ok line 35
> > this is line 35
> > FabCenterWindow(oChoice)
> > where oChoice is the reference Mask to recall.
> > This error does not appear in VOERROR. log and finally I was able to reconstruct it, but it appears in other parts of the application.
> > as always thanks to all.
> > Aurora Baccio

Sorry, but l don't know what to do.
Can you give me an example ?

Foto del profilo di Geoff Schaller
Geoff Schaller
24 feb 2010, 11:09:06
a Dick,
Its simple enough. Your application is in a loop. Often this is an error
loop (where an error condition causes a consequential error condition
and so round you go) or a focus change event that goes on creating more
focus change events.

Basically you run out of axits.

You need to be throwing a calling stack on entry to where-ever this is
happening.
tkanks
Aurora Baccio

Re: errore limit execeeded

<sidm9r$ud9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=935&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#935

From: nospam@example.com (Jamal)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 18:28:10 -0400
 by: Jamal - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:28 UTC

This means you are calling the same method or function recursively
(calling itself) which will cause the kid stack limit to be exceeded.
Check your code.

Jamal

On 9/21/2021 1:12 PM, aurora baccio wrote:
> Il giorno martedì 21 settembre 2021 alle 18:33:33 UTC+2 Franz Rachbauer ha scritto:
>> Maybe this helps:

>> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects/c/EXM73l7bhyg
>> Regards
>> Am 21.09.2021 um 17:52 schrieb aurora baccio:
>>> Good evening to all
>>> what does this error mean that appears during the execution of the application ?
>>> limit exceeded
>>> kid stack size limit exceeded
>>> PatientWithoutRecipeMask:Choice_Ok line 35
>>> this is line 35
>>> FabCenterWindow(oChoice)
>>> where oChoice is the reference Mask to recall.
>>> This error does not appear in VOERROR. log and finally I was able to reconstruct it, but it appears in other parts of the application.
>>> as always thanks to all.
>>> Aurora Baccio
>>>
> Sorry, but l don't know what to do.
> Can you give me an example ?
>
> Foto del profilo di Geoff Schaller
> Geoff Schaller
> 24 feb 2010, 11:09:06
> Dick,
> Its simple enough. Your application is in a loop. Often this is an error
> loop (where an error condition causes a consequential error condition
> and so round you go) or a focus change event that goes on creating more
> focus change events.
>
> Basically you run out of axits.
>
> You need to be throwing a calling stack on entry to where-ever this is
> happening.
> tkanks
> Aurora Baccio

Re: errore limit execeeded

<ir00suF32a5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=936&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#936

From: wriedmann@gmail.com (Wolfgang Riedmann)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:30:54 +0200
 by: Wolfgang Riedmann - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:30 UTC

Buon giorno Aurora,

"kid stack limit exceeded" means that you have created to many objects.

Many objects are registered with the RegisterKid() function to be
retained even after a garbage collection (please see the RegisterKid()
help for a better explanation of this).

And, like any other list, also the list of registered kids has a limit,
and you are exceeding that.

And, as Jamal wrote, normally (at least in my applications) this is
occurring only when I have an endless loop (a function or method
calling itself).
Before this error is showing up, you should see that your application
becomes slow and is taking up an entire processore core ressources
(depending on your PC, the task manager should show a 20% or 25% or
even 50% CPU allocation of your application).

In my code, this is occurring when I have code like this:

method xxx() class Pippo

self:xxx()

return nil

To be honest, I have that 2 to 3 times a month, mostly when I split up
classes, and forget to change the self:xxx() to a super:xxx().

Another possibility is that you are reacting on an event, and your code
triggers that event again.

Wolfgang