It is surely a great calamity for a human being to have no obsessions. -- Robert Bly

devel / comp.lang.awk / Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from inside teh AWKprogram

SubjectAuthor
* Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from inside teh AWKprogramMohsen Owzar
+* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
|+- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideMohsen Owzar
|`* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideMohsen Owzar
| `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
|  `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
|   `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideMohsen Owzar
|    `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
|     `- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideMohsen Owzar
+- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideEd Morton
`* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideBruce Horrocks
 `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
  `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideBruce Horrocks
   +- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
   +* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideKenny McCormack
   |`- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
   `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideEd Morton
    `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideBruce Horrocks
     `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideMohsen Owzar
      +* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJanis Papanagnou
      |`* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideBruce Horrocks
      | +- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideEd Morton
      | `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideKenny McCormack
      |  `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from inside teh AWKproMohsen Owzar
      |   `* Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideJ Naman
      |    `- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideMohsen Owzar
      `- Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from insideEd Morton

Pages:12
Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from inside teh AWKprogram

<27d3eb76-f892-4bd4-bc53-951250de4661n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=931&group=comp.lang.awk#931

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 09:19:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from inside
teh AWKprogram
From: jnaman2@gmail.com (J Naman)
 by: J Naman - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 16:19 UTC

On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 12:48:42 UTC-4, Mohsen Owzar wrote:
> Due to what is said above, I have to convert (dos2unix) all my scripts, written with notepad++
> under Windows, to be able to run under Cygwin.
> Regards
> Mohsen

Mohsen, Two points. A) Notepad++ offers macro recording to speed up converting and has a command to save
LF=unix, even if the file came in as dos/win and vice versa.
B) dos2unix: I tried Gawk under Cygwin and switched to Win 10 WSL2 running Ubuntu. Win batch files can run unix commands
using unix or windows file paths, e.g. in file from win10, out file to unix. Bash scripts can call Win 10 commands
& programs and access windows and/or unix files. Or pure unix or pure win. I like the flexibility to use what I need.
File i/o BETWEEN unix and win 10 is a little slower, maybe 10%. Gawk unix is 64-bit and runs some .awks 50% faster
for cpu intensive, 15% slower for just huge memory, not much cpu, and I suspect 20%, maybe 50%, slower for lots of
file i/o. So, Gawk under WSL is about the same as under Cygwin. I like both for 64-bit memory for large arrays and
WSL for file system "interoperability"
-just FYIO, john

Re: Copying files with generated filenames in a directory from inside teh AWKprogram

<3d84e13e-cf0d-4489-9922-eabca12241a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=932&group=comp.lang.awk#932

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 09:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
teh AWKprogram
From: mohsen.owzar@gmail.com (Mohsen Owzar)
 by: Mohsen Owzar - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 16:56 UTC

jna...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 26. September 2021 um 18:19:39 UTC+2:
> On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 12:48:42 UTC-4, Mohsen Owzar wrote:
>
> > Due to what is said above, I have to convert (dos2unix) all my scripts, written with notepad++
> > under Windows, to be able to run under Cygwin.
> > Regards
> > Mohsen
> Mohsen, Two points. A) Notepad++ offers macro recording to speed up converting and has a command to save
> LF=unix, even if the file came in as dos/win and vice versa.
> B) dos2unix: I tried Gawk under Cygwin and switched to Win 10 WSL2 running Ubuntu. Win batch files can run unix commands
> using unix or windows file paths, e.g. in file from win10, out file to unix. Bash scripts can call Win 10 commands
> & programs and access windows and/or unix files. Or pure unix or pure win. I like the flexibility to use what I need.
> File i/o BETWEEN unix and win 10 is a little slower, maybe 10%. Gawk unix is 64-bit and runs some .awks 50% faster
> for cpu intensive, 15% slower for just huge memory, not much cpu, and I suspect 20%, maybe 50%, slower for lots of
> file i/o. So, Gawk under WSL is about the same as under Cygwin. I like both for 64-bit memory for large arrays and
> WSL for file system "interoperability"
> -just FYIO, john

Thanks for your information
Regards