It is the theory which decides what can be observed. -- Albert Einstein

devel / comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects / Re: Error - loading VO core dll

SubjectAuthor
* Error - loading VO core dllaterkaj
+- Re: Error - loading VO core dlldlzc
`* Re: Error - loading VO core dllJamal
 `* Re: Error - loading VO core dllaterkaj
  `* Re: Error - loading VO core dllJamal
   `* Re: Error - loading VO core dllaterkaj
    `* Re: Error - loading VO core dllJamal
     `- Re: Error - loading VO core dllaterkaj

1
Error - loading VO core dll

<f50cfe64-c834-49d9-a291-7d8d16f3ae59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=921&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#921

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Error - loading VO core dll
From: info@task.si (aterkaj)
 by: aterkaj - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:33 UTC

Hello !

OS Windows 10 (one of the last builds)
Visual Objects 2.8 SP2 (2830)

Some months I have troubles using VO. After loading vo28.exe, programme (VO) returns me an errror:
VoAdEdit.dll - SubSystem LoadLib failed, error = 1114

If I continue with VO, everything looks like OK (compiling with no errors) , but my final exe (biuld) is corrupted and not usable : error Execution Failed (Trap 0xC0000005).

I have troubles with VO only on this computer, on others computers running XP and windows server 2008 everything goes smoothly.

I try to exclude this error with few proposals that I found on internet (regedit, MSConfig , also transfering VO and OS on new SSD disk, etc ...)

Any suggestions please
TIA Andrej

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<5e22de3d-3c8e-48f1-ade7-090d6ff65076n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=922&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#922

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 08:41:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Error - loading VO core dll
From: dlzc1@cox.net (dlzc)
 by: dlzc - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:41 UTC

Dear aterkaj:

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4:33:05 AM UTC-7, aterkaj wrote:
> OS Windows 10 (one of the last builds)

.... is it fully updated? On the update dialog, they usually show "Optional Updates", that often include BIOS updates, device driver updates, and so on. Have these been updated?

> Visual Objects 2.8 SP2 (2830)
>
> [For] Some months

How long has this been going on?

> I have troubles using VO. After loading vo28.exe, programme (VO)
> returns me an errror: VoAdEdit.dll - SubSystem LoadLib failed,
> error = 1114

Very common (not just VO), for years. Still quite a few in just the last month...
https://www.google.com/search?q=error+loading+dll+1114&lr=&safe=images&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:m&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIqM7YpoHzAhX3HjQIHcufDegQpwV6BAgBECQ&biw=1234&bih=1245

> I try to exclude this error with few proposals that I found on internet
> (regedit, MSConfig , also transfering VO and OS on new SSD disk, etc ...)
>
> Any suggestions please

I was stuck at Windoze 10 version 1909 (or something), and Micro$haft was going to cut off support. Upgrading firmware on this computer I just built 2 years earlier, cleared that logjam. I'd submit since it is this one computer, that Micro$haft is warming you up for buying new hardware, so they can stay in business and they can help power economic recovery.

David A. Smith

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<shtbt4$kaq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=923&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#923

From: nospam@example.com (Jamal)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 13:52:35 -0400
 by: Jamal - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:52 UTC

VoAdEdit.DLL is not a VO 2.8 DLL. At what point does the error occur?

Are you using a third by component? My be VOADO?

Jamal

On 9/15/2021 7:33 AM, aterkaj wrote:
> Hello !
>
> OS Windows 10 (one of the last builds)
> Visual Objects 2.8 SP2 (2830)
>
> Some months I have troubles using VO. After loading vo28.exe, programme (VO) returns me an errror:
> VoAdEdit.dll - SubSystem LoadLib failed, error = 1114
>
> If I continue with VO, everything looks like OK (compiling with no errors) , but my final exe (biuld) is corrupted and not usable : error Execution Failed (Trap 0xC0000005).
>
> I have troubles with VO only on this computer, on others computers running XP and windows server 2008 everything goes smoothly.
>
> I try to exclude this error with few proposals that I found on internet (regedit, MSConfig , also transfering VO and OS on new SSD disk, etc ...)
>
> Any suggestions please
> TIA Andrej

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<51f4112b-2909-4421-9ed0-3f1f8d6ef85en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=924&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#924

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: info@task.si (aterkaj)
 by: aterkaj - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:14 UTC

sreda, 15. september 2021 ob 19:52:38 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:
> VoAdEdit.DLL is not a VO 2.8 DLL. At what point does the error occur?
>
> Are you using a third by component? My be VOADO?
>
> Jamal
> On 9/15/2021 7:33 AM, aterkaj wrote:
> > Hello !
> >
> > OS Windows 10 (one of the last builds)
> > Visual Objects 2.8 SP2 (2830)
> >
> > Some months I have troubles using VO. After loading vo28.exe, programme (VO) returns me an errror:
> > VoAdEdit.dll - SubSystem LoadLib failed, error = 1114
> >
> > If I continue with VO, everything looks like OK (compiling with no errors) , but my final exe (biuld) is corrupted and not usable : error Execution Failed (Trap 0xC0000005).
> >
> > I have troubles with VO only on this computer, on others computers running XP and windows server 2008 everything goes smoothly.
> >
> > I try to exclude this error with few proposals that I found on internet (regedit, MSConfig , also transfering VO and OS on new SSD disk, etc ...)
> >
> > Any suggestions please
> > TIA Andrej

Dear Jamal and others !

Thanks, yes I am using VOADO28.dll.
Meanwhile, I try some scan software (ESET - malware) and windows scan utility; also with no luck.

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<shth1a$17a8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=925&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#925

From: nospam@example.com (Jamal)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:20:10 -0400
 by: Jamal - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:20 UTC

Have you tried to reinstall Vo2Ado library / component?

What happens if set VO to run as an Administrator?

Jamal

On 9/15/2021 3:14 PM, aterkaj wrote:
> sreda, 15. september 2021 ob 19:52:38 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:

>> VoAdEdit.DLL is not a VO 2.8 DLL. At what point does the error occur?
>>
>> Are you using a third by component? My be VOADO?
>>
>> Jamal
>> On 9/15/2021 7:33 AM, aterkaj wrote:
>>> Hello !
>>>
>>> OS Windows 10 (one of the last builds)
>>> Visual Objects 2.8 SP2 (2830)
>>>
>>> Some months I have troubles using VO. After loading vo28.exe, programme (VO) returns me an errror:
>>> VoAdEdit.dll - SubSystem LoadLib failed, error = 1114
>>>
>>> If I continue with VO, everything looks like OK (compiling with no errors) , but my final exe (biuld) is corrupted and not usable : error Execution Failed (Trap 0xC0000005).
>>>
>>> I have troubles with VO only on this computer, on others computers running XP and windows server 2008 everything goes smoothly.
>>>
>>> I try to exclude this error with few proposals that I found on internet (regedit, MSConfig , also transfering VO and OS on new SSD disk, etc ...)
>>>
>>> Any suggestions please
>>> TIA Andrej
>>>

> Dear Jamal and others !
>
> Thanks, yes I am using VOADO28.dll.
> Meanwhile, I try some scan software (ESET - malware) and windows scan utility; also with no luck.

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<01201c60-d5db-42e0-81ed-1efacdc19c80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=926&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#926

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: info@task.si (aterkaj)
 by: aterkaj - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:44 UTC

sreda, 15. september 2021 ob 21:20:14 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:
> Have you tried to reinstall Vo2Ado library / component?
>
> What happens if set VO to run as an Administrator?
>
> Jamal
> On 9/15/2021 3:14 PM, aterkaj wrote:
> > sreda, 15. september 2021 ob 19:52:38 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:
>
> >> VoAdEdit.DLL is not a VO 2.8 DLL. At what point does the error occur?
> >>
> >> Are you using a third by component? My be VOADO?
> >>
> >> Jamal

> > Dear Jamal and others !
> >
> > Thanks, yes I am using VOADO28.dll.
> > Meanwhile, I try some scan software (ESET - malware) and windows scan utility; also with no luck.

Dear Jamal !

I copy VoAdEdit.dll, VoAdEdit.tpl from the computer where I have no problems using it. Same thing..
When I try to start VO with administrator's privilegeses - also same error.
Error dialog occurs before main VO dialog and VO menu appears on the screen.
I did not try to uninstall VO2ADo and then reinstall this SaS (Robert's) software again with setupadostd2806

All Vo2Ado files are dated 15.05.2007

Regards, Andrej

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<shtvg6$17c7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=927&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#927

From: nospam@example.com (Jamal)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:27:02 -0400
 by: Jamal - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:27 UTC

If you install only VO with a fresh repository, does it function normally?

If yes, verify that VO2ADO version is compatible with the VO version you
are using, then install.

If you get errors, then it is probably you have a DLL hell (conflict in
DLL versions).

Sorry, I have no more ideas. If you continue to have issues, I suggest
you contact Robert to ensure that you have the correct version.

Jamal

On 9/15/2021 3:44 PM, aterkaj wrote:
> sreda, 15. september 2021 ob 21:20:14 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:
>> Have you tried to reinstall Vo2Ado library / component?
>>
>> What happens if set VO to run as an Administrator?
>>
>> Jamal

>>> Dear Jamal and others !
>>>
>>> Thanks, yes I am using VOADO28.dll.
>>> Meanwhile, I try some scan software (ESET - malware) and windows scan utility; also with no luck.
>>>
> Dear Jamal !
>
> I copy VoAdEdit.dll, VoAdEdit.tpl from the computer where I have no problems using it. Same thing..
> When I try to start VO with administrator's privilegeses - also same error.
> Error dialog occurs before main VO dialog and VO menu appears on the screen.
> I did not try to uninstall VO2ADo and then reinstall this SaS (Robert's) software again with setupadostd2806
>
> All Vo2Ado files are dated 15.05.2007
>
> Regards, Andrej

Re: Error - loading VO core dll

<b6731992-4dbd-49a8-8acb-5d0668f7eb57n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=928&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#928

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 00:22:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: info@task.si (aterkaj)
 by: aterkaj - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 07:22 UTC

Ĩetrtek, 16. september 2021 ob 01:27:03 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:
> If you install only VO with a fresh repository, does it function normally?
>

> If yes, verify that VO2ADO version is compatible with the VO version you
> are using, then install.
>
> If you get errors, then it is probably you have a DLL hell (conflict in
> DLL versions).
>
> Sorry, I have no more ideas. If you continue to have issues, I suggest
> you contact Robert to ensure that you have the correct version.
>

> Jamal
> On 9/15/2021 3:44 PM, aterkaj wrote:
> > sreda, 15. september 2021 ob 21:20:14 UTC+2 je oseba Jamal napisala:
> >> Have you tried to reinstall Vo2Ado library / component?
> >>
> >> What happens if set VO to run as an Administrator?
> >>
> >> Jamal

> > Dear Jamal !
> >
> > I copy VoAdEdit.dll, VoAdEdit.tpl from the computer where I have no problems using it. Same thing..
> > When I try to start VO with administrator's privilegeses - also same error.
> > Error dialog occurs before main VO dialog and VO menu appears on the screen.
> > I did not try to uninstall VO2ADo and then reinstall this SaS (Robert's) software again with setupadostd2806
> >
> > All Vo2Ado files are dated 15.05.2007
> >
> > Regards, Andrej

Thanks, Jamal and others for your time and suggestions.
Andrej