Being overloaded is the sign of a true Debian maintainer. -- JHM on #Debian

devel / comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects / Prevent ReportPro error messages

SubjectAuthor
* Prevent ReportPro error messagesMartin
`* Re: Prevent ReportPro error messagesJamal
 `- Re: Prevent ReportPro error messagesdlzc

1
Prevent ReportPro error messages

<6cdd147e-853a-4438-b009-b5d9e84f782bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=913&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#913

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 05:51:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Prevent ReportPro error messages
From: martinimber@googlemail.com (Martin)
 by: Martin - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:51 UTC

Hello

I need to stop reportpro from showing any errors requiring intervention, cannot find anything in the help file.

I just need RP to try to continue or give up with no user intervention at all.

I have just added the ability to use reportpro labels to a back end printing program which sits there with no user intervention.

Previously it was only calling reports written in C and linked it.

If it hiccups (say missing field) it stops dead rather than continues with error on label.

Thanks

Martin

Re: Prevent ReportPro error messages

<sg3gk1$cuo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=914&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#914

From: nospam@example.com (Jamal)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Subject: Re: Prevent ReportPro error messages
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 15:17:22 -0400
 by: Jamal - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 19:17 UTC

You will have to change Report Source source code if you have it; I
don't think there is any other way!

Anyway, don't you want to know what the errors are so you may fix them <bg>

Jamal

On 8/24/2021 8:51 AM, Martin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I need to stop reportpro from showing any errors requiring intervention, cannot find anything in the help file.
>
> I just need RP to try to continue or give up with no user intervention at all.
>
> I have just added the ability to use reportpro labels to a back end printing program which sits there with no user intervention.
>
> Previously it was only calling reports written in C and linked it.
>
> If it hiccups (say missing field) it stops dead rather than continues with error on label.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

Re: Prevent ReportPro error messages

<d143214f-cbb2-44ae-9242-271a0de02fbdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=915&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#915

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: dlzc1@cox.net (dlzc)
 by: dlzc - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 16:26 UTC

Dear Jamal:

On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 12:17:23 PM UTC-7, Jamal wrote:
> You will have to change Report Source source code if
> you have it; I don't think there is any other way!
>
> Anyway, don't you want to know what the errors are so
> you may fix them <bg>

Be nice if you could just direct the error report to a file the customer could send you. Rather than AbEnd-ing the program, just throw the error and move on. As you say, if ReportPro has its own error handler, you cannot even trap it.

David A. Smith