Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 18:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: HTML code returned from a function displayed at wrong place
From: juliani.moon@gmail.com (Joe)
 by: Joe - Tue, 23 May 2023 01:54 UTC

I have a php function to return an array of 3 values:
1- a status code
2- a small HTML form --OR-- a text string
3- a text string

I am frustrated by the PHP behavior when a HTML form is returned on value 2 of the array - it gets displayed where the function is called, NOT where I tried to place it on latter part of the page. Any work-around ideas please?

Re: HTML code returned from a function displayed at wrong place

<kd34rdFbm05U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=877&group=comp.lang.php#877

From: user@example.net (J.O. Aho)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 08:30:05 +0200
 by: J.O. Aho - Tue, 23 May 2023 06:30 UTC

On 5/23/23 03:54, Joe wrote:
> I have a php function to return an array of 3 values:
> 1- a status code
> 2- a small HTML form --OR-- a text string
> 3- a text string
>
> I am frustrated by the PHP behavior when a HTML form is returned on value 2 of the array - it gets displayed where the function is called, NOT where I tried to place it on latter part of the page. Any work-around ideas please?

This far none of us on this user group has clairvoyant abilities, so we
have issue of seeing your code and without seeing your code we can't
tell what causes your issue.

If the code is short, post it here, if the code is longer than short,
then post the link to the code at github/gitlab or any similar public
repository.

--
//Aho

Re: HTML code returned from a function displayed at wrong place

<kd7d8bF1cfjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=878&group=comp.lang.php#878

From: usenet@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 23:18:03 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Wed, 24 May 2023 21:18 UTC

Joe, 2023-05-23 03:54:

> I have a php function to return an array of 3 values:
> 1- a status code
> 2- a small HTML form --OR-- a text string
> 3- a text string

Code? Or do we have to guess how the functiony may look like?

> I am frustrated by the PHP behavior when a HTML form is returned on value 2 of the array - it gets displayed where the function is called, NOT where I tried to place it on latter part of the page. Any work-around ideas please?

Without seeing the code of the function itself nobody can help you.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de