Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 10:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: RadioButton TextColor
From: cooeee@gmail.com (Robert Pope)
 by: Robert Pope - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 17:58 UTC

On Monday, June 7, 2004 at 10:08:37 PM UTC+10, Jean-Marie Berthiaume wrote:
> Sven,
> What I mean was it looks impossible to disable the XP theme of the radiobutton. The
> VO radiobutton don't respect the XP SetWindowTheme function which is suppose to
> work with controls.
> Sven Ebert a écrit :
> > Jean-Marie,
> >
> > > What about oControl:DisableTheme() It's using the suppose normal XP behaviour
> > > method of
> > > SetWindowTheme(oControl:Handle(),"","") which as MSDN wrote it "Calling the
> > > SetWindowTheme function with empty strings causes the control to render
> > > without a visual style appearance."
> > >
> > > But VO don't follow that rule.
> >
> > Have you tested this?
> > Is the result like you would expect under all conditions?
> >
> > If yes, please forward this information to Paul.
> > I am sure he would be very grateful about this.
> >
> > Sven
> --
> Jean-Marie Berthiaume
> Montréal, Québec
> Attention. Enlever le premier . pour me rejoindre
> Please erase the first . to reply :
> (jie...@videotron.ca)

Replying for anyone else who stumbles across this thread (almost) 20 years later...

I got TextColor to work on a RadioButton by creating a subclass and calling SetWindowTheme(SELF:Handle(), "VO", "VO") in the Init() of the control. I don't know what the relevance of the strings are, but anything other than blank seems to work. I think I'm basically linking the control to a non-existent theme.

As suggested earlier in this thread, DisableTheme() didn't help nor did calling SetWindowTheme(SELF:Handle(), "", "").

If you are just seeing a white box after making that change, you've probably done what I did and have white text on a white background. I wasted an hour or so figuring that out. :(

Credit goes to this thread for making me think that it should work and keeping me chipping away at the problem until it worked: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31854015/changing-win32s-radio-button-text-color
As it turned out, only the SetWindowTheme call was necessary.