Newsgroups: comp.lang.scheme
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 09:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: ACM Workshop on Functional Art, Music, Modelling and Design -
Call for Papers, Demos, and Performances
From: henhanna@gmail.com (Hen Hanna)
 by: Hen Hanna - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 16:10 UTC

(test msg)

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.scheme

GUI must 've changed and i can't find
the button to post a new msg (to start a new thread),

------------ Where is this Button ? ----------------

so i tried emailing to
comp.lang.scheme@googlegroups.com
and this No Longer works!

_____________________

(apply apply (list apply apply
(list (list apply apply
(list (list apply + (list (list 2 3))))))))

(works in CL with Quote (') or Function (#') added)

i just learned of this (above)
and would like to know other similar puzzles.

i didn't know Scheme had Apply... what do you use it for?
---- does Scheme have Funcall ?

HH

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 4:33:57 AM UTC-8, Michael Sperber wrote:
> [...]
> a performance. Demo proposals should be in the form of an extended
> abstract (500 to 2000 words). A demo proposal should be clearly marked
> as such, by prepending “Demo Proposal:” to the title and proposed to
> the ‘paper’ track. Demo proposals will be published on the FARM
> website.
>
> Performance proposals
> ======================
>
> FARM seeks proposals for performances which employ functional
> programming techniques, in whole or in part. We invite a diverse range
> of functionally-themed submissions including music, video, dance, and
> performance art. Both live performances and fixed-media submissions
> are welcome. We encourage both risk-taking proposals that push forward
> the state of the art and refined presentations of highly developed
> practice. Performances will be held online.
>
> Performance proposals should be emailed to
> perfo...@functional-art.org, and must include: a description of the
> performance (please be as specific as possible), an explanation of the
> use of functional programming in the work, and a list of technical
> requirements. All proposals should be supported by a link to an audio
> or video example (YouTube, Vimeo, Bandcamp, etc.).
>
> Important dates/deadlines
> =========================
>
> Submission Deadline: May, 15th
> Author Notification: June, 5th
> Performance Submission Deadlione: June 13th
> Camera Ready: June 26th
> Performance Notification: June 26
> Workshop: August 27th
>
> Authors take note
> =================
>
> For original papers and demos, the official publication date is the
> date the proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital
> Library. This date may be up to two weeks prior to the first day of
> the conference. The official publication date affects the deadline for
> any patent filings related to published work.
>
> All presentations at FARM 2021 will be recorded. Permission to publish
> the resulting video (in all probability on YouTube, along with the
> videos of ICFP itself and the other ICFP-colocated events) will be
> requested on-site.
>
> Finances
> ========
>
> If you would have financial difficulty attending, you can apply for
> conference “PAC” funds. Please get in touch for more information.
>
> Questions
> =========
>
> If you have any questions about what type of contributions that might
> be suitable, or anything else regarding submission or the workshop
> itself, please contact the organizers at: farm...@functional-art.org.
>
> Workshop organization
> =====================
>
> General chair: Daniel Winograd-Cort (Luminous Computing)
> Program chair: Jean-Louis Giavitto (IRCAM Paris)
> Publicity chair: Mike Sperber (Active Group GmbH)
> Performance Chair: John MacCallum (HfMT Hamburg)

Re: ACM Workshop on Functional Art, Music, Modelling and Design - Call for Papers, Demos, and Performances

<84d923421e5d59688014f24e29a9a553@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=333&group=comp.lang.scheme#333

From: HenHanna@dev.null (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.scheme
Subject: Re: ACM Workshop on Functional Art, Music, Modelling and Design - Call for
Papers, Demos, and Performances
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 23:02:49 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 23:02 UTC

Hen Hanna wrote:

> [...]

>> videos of ICFP itself and the other ICFP-colocated events) will be
>> requested on-site.
>>
>> Finances
>> ========
>>
>> If you would have financial difficulty attending, you can apply for
>> conference “PAC” funds. Please get in touch for more information.
>>
>> Questions
>> =========
>>
>> If you have any questions about what type of contributions that might
>> be suitable, or anything else regarding submission or the workshop
>> itself, please contact the organizers at: farm...@functional-art.org.
>>
>> Workshop organization
>> =====================
>>
>> General chair: Daniel Winograd-Cort (Luminous Computing)
>> Program chair: Jean-Louis Giavitto (IRCAM Paris)
>> Publicity chair: Mike Sperber (Active Group GmbH)
>> Performance Chair: John MacCallum (HfMT Hamburg)

_______________________ Does Vim have a [Retro feel] ? (it certainly does, to me)

and speaking of the [Retro Look] of the Fixed-width characters....

(Lispy GIF Art) -- When (writing Lisp with Vim) (the *Neon Colors* are Dazzling ! )
https://i.redd.it/gjn8amwym1061.gif
geeky Lisp-Art by HenHanna

---------- any ideas (suggestions) about a Python version of this ???