"Lead us in a few words of silent prayer." -- Bill Peterson, former Houston Oiler football coach

devel / comp.lang.php / Re: VSCode, Liveserver and Chrome [Random restart of a dead thread by a google group user]

SubjectAuthor
* Re: VSCode, Liveserver and ChromeOzed machina
`- Re: VSCode, Liveserver and Chrome [Random restart of a dead thread byJ.O. Aho

1
Re: VSCode, Liveserver and Chrome

<395d536f-370b-42ef-8383-8cb1a2bbbd75n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=534&group=comp.lang.php#534

Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 03:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: VSCode, Liveserver and Chrome
From: ozmachina18@gmail.com (Ozed machina)
 by: Ozed machina - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 10:42 UTC

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2:26:37 PM UTC-4, Call Me Tom wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:53:48 +0200, "J.O. Aho" <us...@example.net>
> wrote:

> >First of all, I'm not a XAMPP user, I prefer a OS that comes with simple
> >install all php/mariadb/apache.

> >> You get a directory listing if you just request a directory and do not
> >> have a default home page (often index.html) in that directory.
> >
> >At least in the world most used OS, apache comes with a default
> >configuration which enables index.php as a default page if the php
> >module is loaded (-D PHP).
> >

> >> This is an Apache configuration problem and has nothing to do with PHP.
> >
> >Could be that the OP just don't have a index.php but say default.php as
> >the starting point of his site in which case the error should be between
> >the keyboard and the chair.
> Yes, I have alll these things. I can run PHP directly from the
> browser and I also run without any problems from Netbeans. It's Live
> Server that I couldn't get running in Visual Studio Code.
>
> I posted here because I thought one of the mnany PHP programmers here
> might use VSCode as their IDE and could give me a little help with
> Live Server. Because this does not seem to be the case, I will
> continue with Netbeans. Thanks for trying to help.
>

> I posted here

Were you able to get this working?

Re: VSCode, Liveserver and Chrome [Random restart of a dead thread by a google group user]

<jfp471F1dqnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=535&group=comp.lang.php#535

From: user@example.net (J.O. Aho)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.php
Subject: Re: VSCode, Liveserver and Chrome [Random restart of a dead thread by
a google group user]
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 14:26:08 +0200
 by: J.O. Aho - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 12:26 UTC

On 01/06/2022 12.42, Ozed machina wrote:
> On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2:26:37 PM UTC-4, Call Me Tom wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:53:48 +0200, "J.O. Aho" <us...@example.net>
>> wrote:

>>> First of all, I'm not a XAMPP user, I prefer a OS that comes with simple
>>> install all php/mariadb/apache.

>>> At least in the world most used OS, apache comes with a default
>>> configuration which enables index.php as a default page if the php
>>> module is loaded (-D PHP).

>>> Could be that the OP just don't have a index.php but say default.php as
>>> the starting point of his site in which case the error should be between
>>> the keyboard and the chair.
>> Yes, I have alll these things. I can run PHP directly from the
>> browser and I also run without any problems from Netbeans. It's Live
>> Server that I couldn't get running in Visual Studio Code.
>>
>> I posted here because I thought one of the mnany PHP programmers here
>> might use VSCode as their IDE and could give me a little help with
>> Live Server. Because this does not seem to be the case, I will
>> continue with Netbeans. Thanks for trying to help.
>>

>> I posted here
>
> Were you able to get this working?

For issues with Live Stream visit:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ritwickdey.LiveServer

For issue with Apache config ask your question at:
alt.apache.configuration

--

//Aho