To be awake is to be alive. -- Henry David Thoreau, in "Walden"

devel / comp.protocols.dicom / Display of the list and selection at the Modality.

SubjectAuthor
* Display of the list and selection at the Modality.Jacob Seleznev
`- Re: Display of the list and selection at the Modality.Herman Oosterwijk

1
Display of the list and selection at the Modality.

<b3618648-92de-432d-b6cc-f3b722968176n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=490&group=comp.protocols.dicom#490

Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:54:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Display of the list and selection at the Modality.
From: jacob309@gmail.com (Jacob Seleznev)
 by: Jacob Seleznev - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 02:54 UTC

Hello,

Does the Modality Worklist SOP Class supports the following requirements:

I would like the IS worklist to link with the Modality Worklist so when a radiographer selects a Patient in IS, it automatically highlights and/or opens up that Patient on the modality.

Currently radiographers use a three point identity check to ensure they have the correct patient and details and link this with the IS list. There is a risk that despite doing this check to ensure they have the correct client, they may open up a different patient on the modality ‚eg not refresh the worklist on the modality. This results in the Patient being imaged under the incorrect details. There are processes in place to notify the RAS of this mistake, if the radiographer is aware that the error has occurred. This risk would be minimized and eliminate one source of human error, if when a radiographer opens up the Patient in IS that is automatically highlights/opens this Patient on the modality.

Thanks
Jacob Seleznev

Re: Display of the list and selection at the Modality.

<aaec4c4e-5896-41f7-bff6-43369da91ff0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=491&group=comp.protocols.dicom#491

Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 08:37:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: otechimg@gmail.com (Herman Oosterwijk)
 by: Herman Oosterwijk - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 15:37 UTC

> I would like the IS worklist to link with the Modality Worklist so when a radiographer selects a Patient in IS, it automatically highlights and/or opens up that Patient on the modality.

Forgive my ignorance but I am not familiar with your terminology, what is the IS worklist and what is the RAS?

Regardless, most Modality Worklist support patient ID and/or Name as a Single Value matching key so only that patient would show up on the list if used as a query. I would think that eventually, when patient wristbands and/or other smart ID's are becoming more common, the modalities will be able to recognize those and automatically select the worklist item for that patient..

Herman O.