From: christopher.f.clark@compiler-resources.com (Christopher F Clark)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Subject: Table driven LL.
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 12:24:01 +0300
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Christopher F Clark - Sun, 22 May 2022 09:24 UTC

George Neuner speculated that table driven LL parsing is possible, and
I will answer yes. When I was in college taking my compilers course
(circa 1976) our teacher (Dr Burton J Smith who later ran Cray) had us
implement a table driven LL parser (as well as a recursive descent
one, and an LR one so that we would see the different techniques and
how they applied--we also did a regular expression state machine as
the first homework).

One can also uses FAs to implement the rule selection process of LL
(and do your rules as regular epxressions/FAs also). There are many
combinations that work.

Kind regards,
Chris

Chris Clark email: christopher.f.clark@compiler-resources.com