From: docdwarf@panix.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Subject: [OT] Ping Mr Dashwood
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 23:38:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: docdwarf@panix.com - Tue, 3 May 2022 23:38 UTC

This explains much about Kiwi behaviors:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/rare-wicked-bible-that-encourages-adultery-discovered-in-new-zealand

DD

Re: [OT] Ping Mr Dashwood

<jgsjmsF16ipU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=325&group=comp.lang.cobol#325

From: dashwood@enternet.co.nz (pete dashwood)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Subject: Re: [OT] Ping Mr Dashwood
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 11:25:15 +1200
 by: pete dashwood - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:25 UTC

On 4/05/2022 11:38, docdwarf@panix.com wrote:
> This explains much about Kiwi behaviors:
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/rare-wicked-bible-that-encourages-adultery-discovered-in-new-zealand
>
> DD

Hi Doc,

Sorry for delayed response; I have been organizing my retirement and
dealing with Covid.

(Despite taking all recommended precautions and behaving sensibly, I
still tested positive and was in isolation.)

Fully recovered and back on my feet now.

The "Wicked Bible" exists in a number of countries and is a very
valuable collectors' item.

Kiwis don't need this authority in order to indulge in the lascivious
behaviour that it advocates. We are just like everybody else in this
regard... :-)

I hope all is well with you and yours,

Cheers,

Pete.

--
I used to write *COBOL*; now I can do *anything*...

Re: [OT] Ping Mr Dashwood

<t9lal3$bem$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=327&group=comp.lang.cobol#327

From: docdwarf@panix.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:12:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: docdwarf@panix.com - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:12 UTC

In article <jgsjmsF16ipU1@mid.individual.net>,
pete dashwood <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>On 4/05/2022 11:38, docdwarf@panix.com wrote:
>> This explains much about Kiwi behaviors:
>>

>https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/rare-wicked-bible-that-encourages-adultery-discovered-in-new-zealand
>
>Hi Doc,
>
>Sorry for delayed response; I have been organizing my retirement and
>dealing with Covid.
>
>(Despite taking all recommended precautions and behaving sensibly, I
>still tested positive and was in isolation.)
>
>Fully recovered and back on my feet now.

It is good to hear that you're in better health, Mr Dashwood. May you be
free of any lingering or unforseen effects and carry on in your frolics as
did Father William.

[snip]

>I hope all is well with you and yours,

Knock on wood, triple-expectorate and may no Evil Eye befall us... it
rolls.

DD

Re: [OT] Ping Mr Dashwood

<jis9tcFs77hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=329&group=comp.lang.cobol#329

From: dashwood@enternet.co.nz (pete dashwood)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 15:10:37 +1200
 by: pete dashwood - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 03:10 UTC

On 1/07/2022 11:12, docdwarf@panix.com wrote:
> In article <jgsjmsF16ipU1@mid.individual.net>,
> pete dashwood <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>> On 4/05/2022 11:38, docdwarf@panix.com wrote:
>>> This explains much about Kiwi behaviors:
>>>

>> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/rare-wicked-bible-that-encourages-adultery-discovered-in-new-zealand
>>
>> Hi Doc,
>>
>> Sorry for delayed response; I have been organizing my retirement and
>> dealing with Covid.
>>
>> (Despite taking all recommended precautions and behaving sensibly, I
>> still tested positive and was in isolation.)
>>
>> Fully recovered and back on my feet now.
>
> It is good to hear that you're in better health, Mr Dashwood. May you be
> free of any lingering or unforseen effects and carry on in your frolics as
> did Father William.
>
> [snip]

In my youth, I kept all my limbs very supple.
By the use of this ointment
(one shilling the box...)
Allow me to sell you a couple... :-)

>> I hope all is well with you and yours,
>
> Knock on wood, triple-expectorate and may no Evil Eye befall us... it
> rolls.

You may have omitted the necessary widdershins... Never mind, different
covens have different rules...

I keep trying to retire but they won't let me.

Now it's someone needing interfaces to an API in C#...

Still, it makes the streets of Tauranga safer with me indoors, and I do
love writing code.

We are on the verge of another Covid outbreak here and the figures are
jumping alarmingly.

It is a good time for anti-social, cantankerous old hermits like me; I
LIKE being isolated...

Thanks for the response Old Chum, glad to see there are some stable
things left in the World. :-)

Pete.
--
I used to write *COBOL*; now I can do *anything*...