From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.6 (HTTP Client)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:42:51 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 15:42 UTC

Dogelog Player is a Prolog system that features
a generational garbage collector scheme and a
change_arg/3 primitive built-in. So far the two
didn’t go together and we had to use a cludge.
With the upcoming release we provide a proper
solution based on marking write-barriers.

Our remembered set on the variable binding trail
has the benefit that it can reduce itself during
backtracking. By adopting conductor variables, i.e.
instantiated variables that are not trailed, from
formerly Jekejeke Prolog, we could recreate a
similar benefit for Dogelog Players change_arg/3.

See also:

Marking Write-Barriers for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1771559896741192186

Marking Write-Barriers for Dogelog Player
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.6 (HTTP Client)

<uuffeb$13pd$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=29786&group=comp.lang.python#29786

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 01:19:41 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:19 UTC

Starting with the Sudoku solver we have recently
obtained we developed a Puzzle generator together
with an interactive game play. The result can be
run in a web page by means of Dogelog Player 1.2.0
for JavaScript. Both the Puzzle generator and the
game play were written in 100% Prolog.

Regin Filtering from SWI-Prolog CLP(FD) didn’t
make a dent for generating unique puzzles, all we
could do was provide 34 clues, and our solver takes
in the average 1000 ms. We also implemented valid
move checking by reusing the constraints and an undo
move queue via dynamic facts.

See also:

Game Play of Spock Doku
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1774936304335159561