From: address@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Subject: FindFirstUrlCacheGroup -> GroupID. What is its meaning ?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:04:19 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 21:04 UTC

Hello all,

I've still got an XP machine with IE6 on it (which I don't use by the way)
and
noticed it caches (visits to) local HTML pages even when they open in FF.
So, I found myself using "FindFirstUrlCacheGroup" to see whats in there.

The thing is that I have absolutily *no* idea what the "GroupID" its outputs
means. Currently I do not even know if its an enumerated or a bit-mapped
value.

I know I can use the GroupID to delete /something/, but would like to know
*what* I'm deleting.

Bottom line: Does someone have a list of possible "GroupID" values and what
they mean ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: FindFirstUrlCacheGroup -> GroupID. What is its meaning ? - Update

<sq4lrs$1jvg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=270&group=comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32#270

From: address@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Subject: Re: FindFirstUrlCacheGroup -> GroupID. What is its meaning ? - Update
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 15:35:23 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 14:35 UTC

> Bottom line: Does someone have a list of possible "GroupID" values and
> what they mean ?

I just noticed the "GetUrlCacheGroupAttribute" function.

Alas, all but the "dwGroupFlags" fields are Zero. IOW, not much in the way
of information can be gleaned from it (not even a group name) ...

So, I'm still looking for a bit more info.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: FindFirstUrlCacheGroup -> GroupID. What is its meaning ?

<1jb68onsx1bla$.1jcxt967w5ayp$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=271&group=comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32#271

From: jj4public@gmail.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 07:17:01 +0700
 by: JJ - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 00:17 UTC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:04:19 +0100, R.Wieser wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've still got an XP machine with IE6 on it (which I don't use by the way)
> and
> noticed it caches (visits to) local HTML pages even when they open in FF.
> So, I found myself using "FindFirstUrlCacheGroup" to see whats in there.
>
> The thing is that I have absolutily *no* idea what the "GroupID" its outputs
> means. Currently I do not even know if its an enumerated or a bit-mapped
> value.
>
> I know I can use the GroupID to delete /something/, but would like to know
> *what* I'm deleting.
>
> Bottom line: Does someone have a list of possible "GroupID" values and what
> they mean ?
>
> Regards,
> Rudy Wieser

Perhaps the Cache Group is related to the subfolders within the `Temporary
Internet Files\Content.IE5`?

Cause I always wonder why would they need to spread the cache files into
multiple folders, rather than just put all of the files into one folder.

Re: FindFirstUrlCacheGroup -> GroupID. What is its meaning ?

<sq9dq9$151$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=272&group=comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32#272

From: address@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 10:14:12 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 09:14 UTC

JJ,

> Perhaps the Cache Group is related to the subfolders within the `Temporary
> Internet Files\Content.IE5`?

Possibly, but not likely. The (single, constant) value I'm getting is
10000000:00000007 (eight bytes, grouped as DWORDs). And as there are only
four cache sub-folders ...

> Cause I always wonder why would they need to spread the cache files into
> multiple folders, rather than just put all of the files into one folder.

Same here. Never really took the time to throw guesses at it though.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser