The following statement is not true. The previous statement is true.

devel / comp.lang.python / Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?

SubjectAuthor
* Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?a a
`* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 +* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 |+* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||+* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 |||`* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||| `- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||+- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||+- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youMats Wichmann
 ||`* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 || `* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||  `* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||   `* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||    +- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||    `* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||     +* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||     |+* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||     ||`* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||     || `- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||     |`- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||     +- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||     `* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||      `* Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 ||       +- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||       +- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 ||       `- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a
 |`- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youThomas Passin
 `- Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can youa a

Pages:12
Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?

<f7af0675-14ec-422a-8c14-d8d070c426efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=27055&group=comp.lang.python#27055

Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:50:43 -0700 (PDT)
<713671f6-f01d-3a23-434a-9b1979d88ba5@tompassin.net> <3ee715cc-6beb-7f45-362b-733145a866ac@wichmann.us>
<mailman.2395.1679606088.20444.python-list@python.org> <93802e9e-7443-7814-27f0-6c483ba3a854@tompassin.net>
<d2ae28af-417c-4486-b318-7872a7909a19n@googlegroups.com> <mailman.2413.1679937556.20444.python-list@python.org>
<c0a40771-2474-4507-bbd9-f411bf0b154bn@googlegroups.com> <87be9be4-4292-ef73-83c1-4272c8866f0b@tompassin.net>
<d13fdaa3-425d-09fd-46dc-9042efff4e16@tompassin.net> <mailman.2416.1679962041.20444.python-list@python.org>
<90b97e3b-b83f-6c72-b271-7cbd04ad3dfc@tompassin.net> <16ab8232-1ba8-4cbd-b70d-22186a006676n@googlegroups.com>
<mailman.2421.1679978001.20444.python-list@python.org> <a1a72a97-bd3d-15a0-0fa4-57b8f3c239f2@tompassin.net>
<ce2ae5ed-8c96-4c0c-8cfc-2e79ae127ce3n@googlegroups.com> <mailman.2426.1680019940.20444.python-list@python.org>
<5b1ab972-a36e-0c03-8240-c0081fcff2a5@tompassin.net> <a56338d9-76cb-480f-a451-6eb36d8bba7fn@googlegroups.com>
<mailman.2433.1680041217.20444.python-list@python.org>
Subject: Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you
help ?
From: manta103g@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 22:50 UTC

On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 00:07:22 UTC+2, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 3/28/2023 1:50 PM, a a wrote:

> >> I think you had better start using another name for this thread, if it
> >> continues.
> >>
> >> The HTML export file will contain the icons, but the HTML elements do
> >> not provide for showing them.
> >>
> >> I can't imagine how you can find anything among nor navigate through
> >> 1000 open tabs, let alone 10,000 in the future. I would think the memory
> >> usage would be impossibly high. So I hope you are mostly using the
> >> history and do not really have that many tabs open at once!
> >

> > I am a plain guy, so if Firefox counted 1,000+ opened Tabs, I can be surprised, but have no idea how to check that number.
> >
> > You are exactly right, icon URI and icon data come with saved opened Tabs,
> > a single example below.
> >
> > So I am going to ask Firefox team to offer
> > export to html, modified to have :
> > icon, name of web page, url address
> > to appear in a single row (feature already supported by Firefox, when you open new Tab
> > and click: enter URL or search string - input field,
> > you get such list
> > List is limited in size for the reasons unknown to me, but feature works fine.
> You should be aware that the HTML format for bookmarks is a standard
> developed back in the day by Netscape. It goes back to the early 1990s,
> I think. The FF folks will not be modifying it, since all browsers know
> how to generate it and consume it, and who knows how many software
> packages consume it. No one can afford to have a change, even one
> that's supposed to be harmless, inadvertently break software that's
> worked for years.
>
> They are going to need a lot of persuading.
>
> Maybe there's something else they would be willing and able to do. But
> you can expect that any proposed new feature will probably need to have
> some strong support. Raymond Chen at Microsoft has written how each new
> feature proposal starts off with -100 points. Only if the advantages
> get the score up above zero can the feature have any chance of getting
> adopted - and then it has to compete with other potential features that
> have their own scores.
> > --
> > So would prefer a horizontal list of opened Tabs
> > by htmlized, vertical list of the same opened Tabs,
> > featuring:
> > icon, name of web-site, URL address
> >
> > Thank you for your excellent support
> You're welcome.
I exactly recall early days of Netscape since I contacted developers of Netscape, asking for new features since my friend from
MIT, UoT developed another GUI version of web browser and we worked hard at MediaMOO, supporting live chat.
Old good days

There is another work flow, supporting saving urls of opened Tabs to html file
https://winaero.com/how-to-copy-urls-of-opened-tabs-in-firefox-without-extensions/

I must give up since no response from Firefox Support via Twitter

According to latest media news from Firefox, I am the only man to keep 1,000+ Tabs opened in Firefox ;)

I tried to save urls of opened Tabs as bookmarks, but when I select this option Firefox crashes.

I am happy with my 1,000+ opened Tabs (supported by Firefox)
I can move Tabs with quick mouse clicks from left to right and vice versa

When I open a new Tab and click input field
I get multi-row menu to select some Tabs, to switch to some cards
(have no idea what makes some entries to stay firmly as "switch to card"
and others make selected url to open in new tab)
List of urls to select is short vs. 1,000+ opened Tabs.

Spent a month deliberating on how to move Tabs from left to right quick way
and quick mouse click to ">" does the trick, moving more Tabs at once.

Life is great with you and Firefox

thank you

Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?

<2c0a0578-04fe-42e9-b698-45daa7dec875n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=27056&group=comp.lang.python#27056

Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
[...]
<mailman.2433.1680041217.20444.python-list@python.org> <f7af0675-14ec-422a-8c14-d8d070c426efn@googlegroups.com>
help ?
From: manta103g@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:15 UTC

On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 00:50:54 UTC+2, a a wrote:
> [...]
>
> I must give up since no response from Firefox Support via Twitter
>
> According to latest media news from Firefox, I am the only man to keep 1,000+ Tabs opened in Firefox ;)
>
> I tried to save urls of opened Tabs as bookmarks, but when I select this option Firefox crashes.
>
> I am happy with my 1,000+ opened Tabs (supported by Firefox)
> I can move Tabs with quick mouse clicks from left to right and vice versa
>
> When I open a new Tab and click input field
> I get multi-row menu to select some Tabs, to switch to some cards
> (have no idea what makes some entries to stay firmly as "switch to card"
> and others make selected url to open in new tab)
> List of urls to select is short vs. 1,000+ opened Tabs.
>
> Spent a month deliberating on how to move Tabs from left to right quick way
> and quick mouse click to ">" does the trick, moving more Tabs at once.

I am not the winner ;(

Challenge looks to be 15 years old
-----
How Many Tabs Can You Have Open in Firefox?
Posted on February 29, 2008 by Steve Mullen — 28 Comments

https://skmullen.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/how-many-tabs-can-you-have-open-in-firefox/

Most opened up without a crash was 2417

ok i have opened 3000 tabs in one time in firefox\

I am just about to open 2000 tabs simultaneously…

i was able to open 3000 up tab in my firefox.\

I have over 1000 on a fast computer. going to see how many i can get. hopefully about 5000

I’m reading this page at my 8874th opened tab. just became a question! How Many!

so tired… Hibernating system for tomorrow!
wish me luck! Going to hit 100,000.

.. Fine with 2500+ tabs but crashes after 2800+ tabs.

Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?

<60d5994a-d3fc-41e2-8ecb-8b057538e273n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=27074&group=comp.lang.python#27074

Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta103g@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 19:14 UTC

On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 01:15:23 UTC+2, a a wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Life is great with you and Firefox
> >
> > thank you
> I am not the winner ;(
>
> Challenge looks to be 15 years old
> -----
> How Many Tabs Can You Have Open in Firefox?
> Posted on February 29, 2008 by Steve Mullen — 28 Comments
>
> https://skmullen.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/how-many-tabs-can-you-have-open-in-firefox/
>
> Most opened up without a crash was 2417
>
> ok i have opened 3000 tabs in one time in firefox\
>
> I am just about to open 2000 tabs simultaneously…
>
> i was able to open 3000 up tab in my firefox.\
>
> I have over 1000 on a fast computer. going to see how many i can get. hopefully about 5000
>
> I’m reading this page at my 8874th opened tab. just became a question! How Many!
>
> so tired… Hibernating system for tomorrow!
> wish me luck! Going to hit 100,000.
>
> . Fine with 2500+ tabs but crashes after 2800+ tabs.

And now back to Numpy and Matplotlib.

Interested to build 3D knowledge representation tools

One by Giuseppe is an excellent example how underground earthquakes can be 3D visualized.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1633477532526817281

Knowledge, open Tabs can be represented by bubbles/ balls, timeline represents time stamped Tabs

Balls can be represented by respective url icons.
Size, hue can represent personal interest in a specific Tab, number of visits.

My dream is to make such 3D knowledge model clickable
to let me switch to a respective open Tab ith one mouse hover on/ click

Can 3D objects be overlayed with htmlized objects, graphics, urls to make it clickable ?

HTML is flat by default
Can we integrate urls into 3D objects visualized by Matplotlib ?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=3D+html&form=QBLH&sp=-1&ghc=1&lq=0&pq=3d+h&sc=10-4&qs=n&sk=&cvid=524CCA8EC65B456D80032EB4A12168ED&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl
3D HTML is not what I was looking for.

HTML page is flat by default.
My idea is to make 3D space clickable with urls defined and assigned to some spaces, balls in 3D graphics by Giuseppe
as above

https://twitter.com/i/status/1633477532526817281

Can we make balls in the abopve Matplotlib 3D graphics urled or url clickable ?

devel / comp.lang.python / Re: Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?