"Everyone's head is a cheap movie show." -- Jeff G. Bone

devel / comp.lang.python / Re: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement

SubjectAuthor
* SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statementSohail Ahmad
`* Re: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statementJoe Pfeiffer
 `- Re: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statementStefan Ram

1
SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement

<4c024831-aa68-4468-93f6-1cb37f70e7den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23551&group=comp.lang.python#23551

Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 11:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement
From: sohailahmad2594@gmail.com (Sohail Ahmad)
 by: Sohail Ahmad - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 18:56 UTC

kindly please help me about issues
SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement how to solve this issues

Re: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement

<1bczdbyduo.fsf@pfeifferfamily.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23552&group=comp.lang.python#23552

From: pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu (Joe Pfeiffer)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 14:53:51 -0600
sha1:i+il/J2a3hW1zSBD29Iyk8txgkE=
 by: Joe Pfeiffer - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 20:53 UTC

Sohail Ahmad <sohailahmad2594@gmail.com> writes:

> kindly please help me about issues
> SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement how to solve this issues

Please post the code that got the error. Preferably several lines
before the actual error, and the line with the error itself.

Re: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement

<multiple-20220807225854@ram.dialup.fu-berlin.de>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23554&group=comp.lang.python#23554

From: ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: 7 Aug 2022 22:00:02 GMT
 by: Stefan Ram - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 22:00 UTC

Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> writes:
>Please post the code that got the error. Preferably several lines
>before the actual error, and the line with the error itself.

The error message "SyntaxError: multiple statements found
while compiling a single statement" can appear in the Shell
of IDLE when multiple lines are pasted to the Shell window
via the clipboard with a single paste operation. Instead
one can paste and execute each statement with a separate
paste operation.

devel / comp.lang.python / Re: SyntaxError: multiple statements found while compiling a single statement