From: bruce.axtens@gmail.com (Bruce Axtens)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Subject: gnu-cobol track started on Exercism.org
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:33:10 +0800
 by: Bruce Axtens - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 02:33 UTC

Just letting you all know that I've got the ball rolling on
exercism.org. A gnu-cobol track has been created and I have commenced
creating a set of basic exercises.

It would be helpful if some of you could look at the other languages'
exercises and suggest what a first-20 set should look like for
gnu-cobol. What I don't want to do is merely try to have gnu-cobol
exercises that are attempted translations of the first 20 vbnet ones.
COBOL is a business and file-oriented language and I'd prefer to have
the first-20 reflect that to some extent.

Something else that I'd like to have happen, unlikely though it be, is
for some COBOL vendor like MicroFocus or IBM to do what the Go language
folk at GoBridge have done:
https://exercism.org/blog/exercism-is-the-official-go-mentoring-platform

Bruce.