He's dead, Jim. -- McCoy, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1

devel / comp.lang.cobol / Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural information

SubjectAuthor
* Survey on how software engineers search for architectural informationMusenga JD木森
`* Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architecturalpete dashwood
 `* Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural informationClark F Morris
  `- Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architecturalpete dashwood

1
Survey on how software engineers search for architectural information

<bd70bd88-ee03-4476-a681-6e2875145d21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=205&group=comp.lang.cobol#205

Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 19:42:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural information
From: mjados@gmail.com (Musenga JD木森)
 by: Musenga JD木森 - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 02:42 UTC

Hello Everyone ,
I would like to ask for your support. I am a PhD student working on software architecture. I am currently exploring how developers search for architectural information in software development. I conduct a survey to investigate how architectural information is searched, how the usefulness of retrieved architectural information is assessed, etc., to support development tasks, and the challenges developers face. This questionnaire will take about 5-10 minutes. All the responses will be anonymized and we will not share your personal information with anyone else. The results of the survey will be shared with all the participants via the email addresses recorded. To do this, we need YOUR opinion! The survey is at: https://tinyurl.com/searchai
Thank you for your participation!
Kind regards,
Musenga Jean de Dieu
Wuhan University

Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural information

<is20vfFj8kvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=208&group=comp.lang.cobol#208

From: dashwood@enternet.co.nz (pete dashwood)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Subject: Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural
information
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 17:00:47 +1300
 by: pete dashwood - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 04:00 UTC

On 28/09/2021 15:42, Musenga JD木森 wrote:
> Hello Everyone ,
> I would like to ask for your support. I am a PhD student working on software architecture. I am currently exploring how developers search for architectural information in software development. I conduct a survey to investigate how architectural information is searched, how the usefulness of retrieved architectural information is assessed, etc., to support development tasks, and the challenges developers face. This questionnaire will take about 5-10 minutes. All the responses will be anonymized and we will not share your personal information with anyone else. The results of the survey will be shared with all the participants via the email addresses recorded. To do this, we need YOUR opinion! The survey is at: https://tinyurl.com/searchai
> Thank you for your participation!
> Kind regards,
> Musenga Jean de Dieu
> Wuhan University

Has anything GOOD ever come out of Wuhan? :-)

Pete.

--
I used to write *COBOL*; now I can do *anything*...

Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural information

<v9nplg56a52lqu2pfkvp3ijb14a3gnptdc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=214&group=comp.lang.cobol#214

From: cfmpublic@ns.sympatico.ca (Clark F Morris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 20:33:02 -0300
 by: Clark F Morris - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 23:33 UTC

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 17:00:47 +1300, pete dashwood
<dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote:

>On 28/09/2021 15:42, Musenga JD?? wrote:
>> Hello Everyone ,
>> I would like to ask for your support. I am a PhD student working on software architecture. I am currently exploring how developers search for architectural information in software development. I conduct a survey to investigate how architectural information is searched, how the usefulness of retrieved architectural information is assessed, etc., to support development tasks, and the challenges developers face. This questionnaire will take about 5-10 minutes. All the responses will be anonymized and we will not share your personal information with anyone else. The results of the survey will be shared with all the participants via the email addresses recorded. To do this, we need YOUR opinion! The survey is at: https://tinyurl.com/searchai
>> Thank you for your participation!
>> Kind regards,
>> Musenga Jean de Dieu
>> Wuhan University
>>
>Has anything GOOD ever come out of Wuhan? :-)
Considering that Wuhan has a population of 10+ million, heavy
industry, universities, research institutes and other assets, we
shouldn't judge Wuhan solely by one lab that may well have had a lapse
in protocols and a government that covers up more than those in most
democracies.

Clark Morris

>Pete.

Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural information

<is4sknF5jgiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=215&group=comp.lang.cobol#215

From: dashwood@enternet.co.nz (pete dashwood)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol
information
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 19:05:13 +1300
 by: pete dashwood - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 06:05 UTC

On 6/10/2021 12:33, Clark F Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 17:00:47 +1300, pete dashwood
> <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 28/09/2021 15:42, Musenga JD?? wrote:
>>> Hello Everyone ,
>>> I would like to ask for your support. I am a PhD student working on software architecture. I am currently exploring how developers search for architectural information in software development. I conduct a survey to investigate how architectural information is searched, how the usefulness of retrieved architectural information is assessed, etc., to support development tasks, and the challenges developers face. This questionnaire will take about 5-10 minutes. All the responses will be anonymized and we will not share your personal information with anyone else. The results of the survey will be shared with all the participants via the email addresses recorded. To do this, we need YOUR opinion! The survey is at: https://tinyurl.com/searchai
>>> Thank you for your participation!
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Musenga Jean de Dieu
>>> Wuhan University
>>>
>> Has anything GOOD ever come out of Wuhan? :-)
> Considering that Wuhan has a population of 10+ million, heavy
> industry, universities, research institutes and other assets, we
> shouldn't judge Wuhan solely by one lab that may well have had a lapse
> in protocols and a government that covers up more than those in most
> democracies.
>
> Clark Morris
>>
>> Pete.
Response was firmly tongue-in-cheek, Clark.

And I agree with your comment 100%.

Pete.

--
I used to write *COBOL*; now I can do *anything*...