From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mostowski Collapse)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (POST Requests)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 15:15:27 +0200
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Sun, 21 May 2023 13:15 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new version of the former
Jekejeke runtime 1.6.0, now called Dogelog runtime.

- Script Mode: The Prolog flag argv is now supported.
The Prolog interpreter can be called in the form
"prolog text arg1 .. argn". The "text" file is then
automatically consulted and "arg1 .. argn" ends up
in argv as a list of prolog atoms. Furthermore,
there is now the directive initialization/1. Both
features are also available in Dogelog Player.

- POST Requests: The open/[3,4] predicates have long
been able to understand the http: and https: protocol.
The new options method/1, headers/1 and body/1 are
self-explanatory. The options are also available in
Dogelog players, but support is not yet universal
across platforms. Jekejeke Prolog should use sys_open/4
temporarily until we adjust path searching.

- Affine JSON: There is a new library(util/json)
that delivers read_json/[1,2] and write_json/[1,2].
The mapping is affine, since we map JSON lists to
prolog lists and JSON structures to prolog sets.
We also use the new constants 0rNone, 0rFalse
and 0rTrue. Library also available as
library(json) in Dogelog player.

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 21.05.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/