From: wortkarg3@yahoo.com (Harald Oehlmann)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
Subject: Re: [TCLCORE] Cudos to TCL/Tk team
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 17:26:09 +0200
 by: Harald Oehlmann - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 15:26 UTC

(as the core list bounces, I send it here)
Am 05.10.2022 um 15:14 schrieb Porter, Don (Fed):
> From: Harald Oehlmann <harald.oehlmann@elmicron.de>
>> thank you all to boost TCL/Tk to make TCL/Tk 8.7 and TCL 9.0 happen.
>> You are awesome !
>
> Thanks back to you for the leadership and organization to produce so
much progress.

> Special thanks also to Jan Nijtmans for the management of so many
proposals and implementations.

> And as you already observe there is a whole team of awesome people to
celebrate and acknowledge.

>> The date for the last TIP vote call of end of September has passed
and a great
>> number of TIPs passed.
>>
>> I think, it would be great, if we could:
>> - set a time table to get to the release
>
> With TIP 623 completed, I will move to begin a release cycle right
away. Release candidates for Tcl/Tk 8.6.13 will be available soon,
maybe today. There will be some work to get it finalized and we'll want
folks to give it their usual vetting. I expect that will unfold in a
series of candidates over several days as it normally does.

> Let me observe a few things.
>
> There are several TIP votes in progress, and a few more ready to go.
>
> The plan I saw earlier this year was for a TIP vote deadline on
October 30.

> Releases take time, and continued proposal work can proceed during
that time.

> So I will proceed with making releases, but I don't think the door on
TIPs is fully closed at this point.

Dear Don,

that is great news, thank you for all!
Just as a side note. The "agreement" was: last TIP start 2022-09-30. I
don't see that to strict. The result was just fantastic.

Thank you all,
Harald

devel / comp.lang.tcl / Re: [TCLCORE] Cudos to TCL/Tk team