Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:12:57 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
From: automn.willow@gmail.com (holyghost)
Subject: Python 2.x+ IRC bot code
 by: holyghost - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 12:12 UTC

Hi,

I just wanted to post my irc bot code, which I found the start of on the
net. It includes a main pattern class for extending it named droid.py.

I haven't debugged it yet but you can use it now for printing just the
channel's messages and it ping-pongs along.

Here is the tarball :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/f45wdi452ira3mg/pyhollybot-mac-0.1.11.tar.gz/file

I wrote it on a mac but you can use it from linux to windows to openbsd
and back. Uses ASCII for portability, UTF-8 functionality commented out.

I post it now at 250+ lines of code because it's the base for extending it.

Caveat emptor, there's lots of code for this already online though.

HAND,
holly

--
(__)
oo )

My Software & Art company : https://ko-fi.com/brandywine9

devel / comp.lang.python / Python 2.x+ IRC bot code