The meek shall inherit the earth; the rest of us, the Universe.

devel / comp.lang.javascript / Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

SubjectAuthor
* Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
+* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]John Harris
|`* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
| `* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
|  `* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
|   `* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
|    `- Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
`* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
 `* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
  `* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
   `* Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock
    `- Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]Mild Shock

1
Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu2atd$1tatl$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18415&group=comp.lang.javascript#18415

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 00:42:38 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 23:42 UTC

John Harris boosted that my posts are nauseating.
Still he asks a lot of questions now.
Lets play another game. The count down is now on,

that John Harris posts something that is less
nauseating than what I regularly post. Is he
a Johnny can't program with a loud mouth?

The Profession: Why Johnny Can't Program
https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/co/2000/12/rz160/13rRUB6Sq3u

Or can he really lift something and also
write about it. We are waiting. The clock
is now ticking. Show us something that is

less nauseating than what I regularly post.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4k3e$3pmtg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18416&group=comp.lang.javascript#18416

From: niam@jghnorth.org.uk.invalid (John Harris)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:31:40 +0000
 by: John Harris - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:31 UTC

On 27/03/2024 23:42, Mild Shock wrote:

<snip>

< Show us something that is

> less nauseating than what I regularly post.

<snip>

Oh dear! I think I've upset the Dogelog man.

Regardless, it's now obvious that he is never going to post anything
about JavaScript here. Just product adverts.

John

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4ovm$1v89o$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18417&group=comp.lang.javascript#18417

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:55:03 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 21:55 UTC

Whats wrong with product adverts?

JavaScript itself is a product, a is registered
trademark of Oracle. Its not that a group of
enthusiasts has create JavaScript in their garage.

Whats wrong with you, moron?

John Harris schrieb:
> Regardless, it's now obvious that he is never going to
> post anything about JavaScript here. Just product adverts.

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4p12$1v89o$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18418&group=comp.lang.javascript#18418

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:55:47 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 21:55 UTC

Could it be that you live in some sort
of a bubble, far away from reality?

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Whats wrong with product adverts?
>
> JavaScript itself is a product, a is registered
> trademark of Oracle. Its not that a group of
> enthusiasts has create JavaScript in their garage.
>
> Whats wrong with you, moron?
>
> John Harris schrieb:
>> Regardless, it's now obvious that he is never going to post anything
>> about JavaScript here. Just product adverts.

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4prb$1v8oj$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18419&group=comp.lang.javascript#18419

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:09:47 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:09 UTC

Here is the original Sun Microsystems trademark:

Status Date: Feb. 07, 2020
computer programs, namely, utility programs,
language processors and interpreters

Current Owner(s) Information
ORACLE AMERICA, INC.
500 ORACLE PARKWAY REDWOOD SHORES,
CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES 94065

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75026640

So why brag about products? Are you mental or what?

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Could it be that you live in some sort
> of a bubble, far away from reality?
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>> Whats wrong with product adverts?
>>
>> JavaScript itself is a product, a is registered
>> trademark of Oracle. Its not that a group of
>> enthusiasts has create JavaScript in their garage.
>>
>> Whats wrong with you, moron?
>>
>> John Harris schrieb:
>>> Regardless, it's now obvious that he is never going to post anything
>>> about JavaScript here. Just product adverts.

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4q24$1ul01$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18420&group=comp.lang.javascript#18420

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:13:24 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:13 UTC

How long will it take until you have
demonstrated your full spectrum of mental
illness, a few more weeks or a few more months?

Whats next? Some grandmother with wheels?

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Here is the original Sun Microsystems trademark:

> Status Date:    Feb. 07, 2020
> computer programs, namely, utility programs,
> language processors and interpreters
>
> Current Owner(s) Information
> ORACLE AMERICA, INC.
> 500 ORACLE PARKWAY REDWOOD SHORES,
> CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES 94065
>
> https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75026640
>
> So why brag about products? Are you mental or what?
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> Could it be that you live in some sort
>> of a bubble, far away from reality?
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>> Whats wrong with product adverts?
>>>
>>> JavaScript itself is a product, a is registered
>>> trademark of Oracle. Its not that a group of
>>> enthusiasts has create JavaScript in their garage.
>>>
>>> Whats wrong with you, moron?

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4qu6$1ulca$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18421&group=comp.lang.javascript#18421

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:28:22 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:28 UTC

But I am pretty aware that the profession
is full of romanticists that make their bet
on this and that software, until they

wake up one morning rubbing their eyes:

Redis is no longer free software
https://lwn.net/Articles/966133/

LoL

Mild Shock schrieb:

> How long will it take until you have
> demonstrated your full spectrum of mental
> illness, a few more weeks or a few more months?
>
> Whats next? Some grandmother with wheels?
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>> Here is the original Sun Microsystems trademark:

>> Status Date:    Feb. 07, 2020
>> computer programs, namely, utility programs,
>> language processors and interpreters
>>
>> Current Owner(s) Information
>> ORACLE AMERICA, INC.
>> 500 ORACLE PARKWAY REDWOOD SHORES,
>> CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES 94065
>>
>> https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75026640
>>
>> So why brag about products? Are you mental or what?
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>>
>>> Could it be that you live in some sort
>>> of a bubble, far away from reality?

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4ubi$1un8b$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18423&group=comp.lang.javascript#18423

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:26:42 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:26 UTC

Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
and then write a blog about it. You could

finally learn something and share your experience
with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.

Mild Shock schrieb:
> John Harris boosted that my posts are nauseating.
> Still he asks a lot of questions now.
> Lets play another game. The count down is now on,
>
> that John Harris posts something that is less
> nauseating than what I regularly post. Is he
> a Johnny can't program with a loud mouth?
>
> The Profession: Why Johnny Can't Program
> https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/co/2000/12/rz160/13rRUB6Sq3u
>
> Or can he really lift something and also
> write about it. We are waiting. The clock
> is now ticking. Show us something that is
>
> less nauseating than what I regularly post.
>
> Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4ul5$1un8b$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18425&group=comp.lang.javascript#18425

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:31:49 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:31 UTC

And please tell Robert Kowalski from Imperial
College London, who is probably paying your
trolling, that he can suck my dick.

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
> Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
> and then write a blog about it. You could
>
> finally learn something and share your experience
> with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
> awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>> John Harris boosted that my posts are nauseating.
>> Still he asks a lot of questions now.
>> Lets play another game. The count down is now on,
>>
>> that John Harris posts something that is less
>> nauseating than what I regularly post. Is he
>> a Johnny can't program with a loud mouth?
>>
>> The Profession: Why Johnny Can't Program
>> https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/co/2000/12/rz160/13rRUB6Sq3u
>>
>> Or can he really lift something and also
>> write about it. We are waiting. The clock
>> is now ticking. Show us something that is
>>
>> less nauseating than what I regularly post.
>>
>> Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4v80$1vau1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18427&group=comp.lang.javascript#18427

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:41:51 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:41 UTC

Tell him that the UK and Imperial College
have become the tail light of Prolog systems
development. There wasn't much after LPA.

And if I look here, I see SWI-Prolog SWISH
serverside garbage, dating back to 2017.
There is no client side Prolog. What a shame!

Logic Production Systems
http://lps.doc.ic.ac.uk/

Mild Shock schrieb:

> And please tell Robert Kowalski from Imperial
> College London, who is probably paying your
> trolling, that he can suck my dick.
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
>> Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
>> and then write a blog about it. You could
>>
>> finally learn something and share your experience
>> with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
>> awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>> John Harris boosted that my posts are nauseating.
>>> Still he asks a lot of questions now.
>>> Lets play another game. The count down is now on,
>>>
>>> that John Harris posts something that is less
>>> nauseating than what I regularly post. Is he
>>> a Johnny can't program with a loud mouth?
>>>
>>> The Profession: Why Johnny Can't Program
>>> https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/co/2000/12/rz160/13rRUB6Sq3u
>>>
>>> Or can he really lift something and also
>>> write about it. We are waiting. The clock
>>> is now ticking. Show us something that is
>>>
>>> less nauseating than what I regularly post.
>>>
>>> Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4vgc$1vau1$4@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18430&group=comp.lang.javascript#18430

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:46:19 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:46 UTC

This here is utter nonsense. Why can't I
directly use it in the browser?

Bob the simplebot
A game-based approach to teach logic
https://bobthesimplebot.github.io/

This is stone age. And what about tablets
and handies, i.e. iOS and Android?

Fucking morons wasting tax payer money.
Well I don't care, it isn't my tax money.

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Tell him that the UK and Imperial College
> have become the tail light of Prolog systems
> development. There wasn't much after LPA.
>
> And if I look here, I see SWI-Prolog SWISH
> serverside garbage, dating back to 2017.
> There is no client side Prolog. What a shame!
>
> Logic Production Systems
> http://lps.doc.ic.ac.uk/
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>
>> And please tell Robert Kowalski from Imperial
>> College London, who is probably paying your
>> trolling, that he can suck my dick.
>>
>> Mild Shock schrieb:
>>>
>>> Now I got the perfect topic for you John Harris.
>>> Why not write some software using "isomorphism",
>>> and then write a blog about it. You could
>>>
>>> finally learn something and share your experience
>>> with everybody here in this usenet group! We are eagerly
>>> awaiting your JavaScript findings to enlighten us.

Re: Waiting for John Harris [The Count down is on]

<uu4vhf$1vau1$5@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18431&group=comp.lang.javascript#18431

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:46:54 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:46 UTC

The Imperial College needs a big
spanking about "isomorphism".

LoL