From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.2 (Java Target)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 16:31:06 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:31 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new edition of
the Dogelog player:

- module.util.nova:
It is a Java port of the Dogelog Player Novacore.
All features of Dogelog Player have been realized,
such as stages and partitions, so that the knowledge
base also has a rollback as well as the new make/0 works.

- jvmobj.jar:
This .jar is used by the Java Target for the
Arithmetic and Logic Unit (ALU) and was separated
from formerly Jekejeke Prolog. All features of Dogelog
Player have been implemented, such as bigints and
trigonometric functions. The native libraries of
Dogelog Player have also been ported to the Java Target.

- jvmobj_swing.jar:
This .jar is used by the Java Target for listing
the classpath and was separated from formerly Jekejeke
Prolog. However, compared to formerly Jekejeke Prolog,
the realization is primitive, for example at the moment
native libraries can only be loaded if they are
exploded in the classpath.

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 08.10.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.2 (Java Target)

<uhj1ms$qbor$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18285&group=comp.lang.javascript#18285

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.2 (Java Target)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 15:18:23 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 13:18 UTC

Dogelog Player is a 100% Prolog written Prolog
system for the JavaScript, Python and Java
platform. Wie added monomorphic predicate and
evaluable function caches to the transpiler
and runtime. We then compared our benchmark
suite with formerly Jekejeke Prolog.

With monomorphic caches there is not so much a
pollution problem, since each cache maximally
houses one predicate. Our benchmark suite results
show us, despite its lack of multi-argument
indexing, that Dogelog Player is now on par or
better than formerly Jekejeke Prolog.

See also:

Monomorphic Cache for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1718248815394726282

Monomorphic Cache for Dogelog Player
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Dear All,
>
> We are happy to announce a new edition of
> the Dogelog player:
>
> - module.util.nova:
>   It is a Java port of the Dogelog Player Novacore.
> All features of Dogelog Player have been realized,
> such as stages and partitions, so that the knowledge
> base also has a rollback as well as the new make/0 works.
>
> - jvmobj.jar:
>   This .jar is used by the Java Target for the
> Arithmetic and Logic Unit (ALU) and was separated
> from formerly Jekejeke Prolog. All features of Dogelog
> Player have been implemented, such as bigints and
> trigonometric functions. The native libraries of
> Dogelog Player have also been ported to the Java Target.
>
> - jvmobj_swing.jar:
>   This .jar is used by the Java Target for listing
> the classpath and was separated from formerly Jekejeke
> Prolog.  However, compared to formerly Jekejeke Prolog,
> the realization is primitive, for example at the moment
> native libraries can only be loaded if they are
> exploded in the classpath.
>
> Have Fun!
> Jan Burse, 08.10.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.2 (Java Target)

<uianhu$161bm$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18287&group=comp.lang.javascript#18287

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 13:52:15 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 12:52 UTC

Dogelog Player is a 100% Prolog written
Prolog system which we are currently about
to tune for performance. The recently
introduced monomorphic caches enabled us
to deploy a further optimizations. The new
head forms give us a notable performance boost.

Dogelog Player now supports deterministic
builts after the head which are directly
executed avoiding the overhead of creating
new subgoals. We see some speed-up that
kills the last resistance of formerly
Jekejeke Prolog on JDK 8. But the quest
goes on, we still lack behind GNU-Prolog.

See also:

Neck Forms for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1721507834569896173

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Dogelog Player is a 100% Prolog written Prolog
> system for the JavaScript, Python and Java
> platform. Wie added monomorphic predicate and
> evaluable function caches to the transpiler
> and runtime. We then compared our benchmark
> suite with formerly Jekejeke Prolog.
>
> With monomorphic caches there is not so much a
> pollution problem, since each cache maximally
> houses one predicate. Our benchmark suite results
> show us, despite its lack of multi-argument
> indexing, that Dogelog Player is now on par or
> better than formerly Jekejeke Prolog.
>
> See also:
>
> Monomorphic Cache for Dogelog Player
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1718248815394726282
>
> Monomorphic Cache for Dogelog Player
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are happy to announce a new edition of
>> the Dogelog player:
>>
>> - module.util.nova:
>>    It is a Java port of the Dogelog Player Novacore.
>> All features of Dogelog Player have been realized,
>> such as stages and partitions, so that the knowledge
>> base also has a rollback as well as the new make/0 works.
>>
>> - jvmobj.jar:
>>    This .jar is used by the Java Target for the
>> Arithmetic and Logic Unit (ALU) and was separated
>> from formerly Jekejeke Prolog. All features of Dogelog
>> Player have been implemented, such as bigints and
>> trigonometric functions. The native libraries of
>> Dogelog Player have also been ported to the Java Target.
>>
>> - jvmobj_swing.jar:
>>    This .jar is used by the Java Target for listing
>> the classpath and was separated from formerly Jekejeke
>> Prolog.  However, compared to formerly Jekejeke Prolog,
>> the realization is primitive, for example at the moment
>> native libraries can only be loaded if they are
>> exploded in the classpath.
>>
>> Have Fun!
>> Jan Burse, 08.10.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.2 (Java Target)

<uigtnr$1942e$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18288&group=comp.lang.javascript#18288

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 22:14:36 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 21:14 UTC

So far we have followed the approach that
Albufeira code is a linear sequence of op-codes
for instructions and arguments. With the upcoming
release of Dogelog Player this has changed to
the benefit of it. Dogelog Player is now
conceived as a AST-Machine.

Among the new data structures is not only Skeleton
and Place, but also Quote which is used to generate
AST-Machine code at runtime. Our speculation that
the old code array approach is inefficient was
confirmed and to our surprise we got a further
performance boost.

See also:

AST-Machine for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1722337902556795358