From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.1 (GNU Arithmetic)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 21:00:03 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:00 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new edition
of the Dogelog player:

- File Properties:
We adopted the file_property/2 predicate from GNU
Prolog, but with slightly different property names
and values. There is also a new predicate
set_file_property/2 which allows certain features
to be adjusted.

- make/0 Directive:
A make/0 was implemented that reloads Prolog texts
that have already been consulted if they have been
changed. The algorithm corresponds more to formerly
Jekejeke Prolog than to SWI-Prolog. Reloading of
multifile predicates and operators is also supported.

- GNU Arithmetic:
We've moved away from the automatic tunneling and
bridging that was available in formerly Jekejeke
Prolog. This is visible, among other things, in a
new flag MASK_ARIT next to MASK_FUNC in the predicate
registry. Queries like +(1,2,X) or sin(0.1,X) now
throw an exception.

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 13.09.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.1 (GNU Arithmetic)

<uev2oh$kutn$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18267&group=comp.lang.javascript#18267

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.1 (GNU Arithmetic)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 19:01:04 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 17:01 UTC

Dogelog Player is a Prolog system for the
JavaScript and Python platform. It is 100%
written in Prolog itself except for some
built-ins. We did a revision of the evaluable
function built-ins and adopted an approach
that was already pursued in formerly Jekejeke Prolog.

Dogelog Player evaluable function were invoked
with the spread syntax available in JavaScript
and Python, making it not a proper native stack
solution. Adopting specials that can rule over
the argument computation gave us proper solution
and a 30% performance boost.

See also:

GNU Arithmetic for Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1706714292442017950

GNU Arithmetic for Dogelog Player
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mild Shock schrieb:
> Dear All,
>
> We are happy to announce a new edition
> of the Dogelog player:
>
> - File Properties:
>   We adopted the file_property/2 predicate from GNU
> Prolog, but with slightly different property names
> and values. There is also a new predicate
> set_file_property/2 which allows certain features
> to be adjusted.
>
> - make/0 Directive:
>   A make/0 was implemented that reloads Prolog texts
> that have already been consulted if they have been
> changed. The algorithm corresponds more to formerly
> Jekejeke Prolog than to SWI-Prolog. Reloading of
> multifile predicates and operators is also supported.
>
> - GNU Arithmetic:
>   We've moved away from the automatic tunneling and
> bridging that was available in formerly Jekejeke
> Prolog. This is visible, among other things, in a
> new flag MASK_ARIT next to MASK_FUNC in the predicate
> registry. Queries like +(1,2,X) or sin(0.1,X) now
> throw an exception.
>
> Have Fun!
> Jan Burse, 13.09.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.1 (GNU Arithmetic)

<ufe4kg$s8qa$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18270&group=comp.lang.javascript#18270

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 12:05:05 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 10:05 UTC

It has been already 2 years since we started a
new Prolog system. This new Prolog systems is
100% written in Prolog, including the I/O and
the runtime compiler. We managed to adress the
JavaScript and the Python target.

We now completed a new target, namely Java.
This target is different since in contrast to
JavaScript and Python, the Java programming
language is a typed programming language with
type variables and primitive types.

The benchmark results show that we can indeed
replace formerly Jekejeke Prolog by the new
Dogelog Player for Java. But there is still a
lot of work ahead, which we will possibly perform
for all targets JavaScript, Python and
Java in parallel.

See also:

ANN: Dogelog Player for Java
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1708780915587961286

ANN: Dogelog Player for Java

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Dogelog Player is a Prolog system for the
> JavaScript and Python platform. It is 100%
> written in Prolog itself except for some
> built-ins. We did a revision of the evaluable
> function built-ins and adopted an approach
> that was already pursued in formerly Jekejeke Prolog.
>
> Dogelog Player evaluable function were invoked
> with the spread syntax available in JavaScript
> and Python, making it not a proper native stack
> solution. Adopting specials that can rule over
> the argument computation gave us proper solution
> and a 30% performance boost.
>
> See also:
>
> GNU Arithmetic for Dogelog Player
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1706714292442017950
>
> GNU Arithmetic for Dogelog Player
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are happy to announce a new edition
>> of the Dogelog player:
>>
>> - File Properties:
>>    We adopted the file_property/2 predicate from GNU
>> Prolog, but with slightly different property names
>> and values. There is also a new predicate
>> set_file_property/2 which allows certain features
>> to be adjusted.
>>
>> - make/0 Directive:
>>    A make/0 was implemented that reloads Prolog texts
>> that have already been consulted if they have been
>> changed. The algorithm corresponds more to formerly
>> Jekejeke Prolog than to SWI-Prolog. Reloading of
>> multifile predicates and operators is also supported.
>>
>> - GNU Arithmetic:
>>    We've moved away from the automatic tunneling and
>> bridging that was available in formerly Jekejeke
>> Prolog. This is visible, among other things, in a
>> new flag MASK_ARIT next to MASK_FUNC in the predicate
>> registry. Queries like +(1,2,X) or sin(0.1,X) now
>> throw an exception.
>>
>> Have Fun!
>> Jan Burse, 13.09.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.1 (GNU Arithmetic)

<ufk646$6hs$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18271&group=comp.lang.javascript#18271

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 19:07:19 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 17:07 UTC

Dogelog Player can celebrate 2 years of existence.
So far we managed to adress the JavaScript and the
Python target. We now completed a new target, namely
Java. Whereas we could already demonstrate novacore,
we can now also demonstrate the loading of liblets.

For the Java target we adopted the absolute addressing
of foreign modules already found in Dogelog Player.
A little class reflection help us to navigate around
JDK 9 which is more closed than JDK 8. In the future
we might also look into the matter of zipped
liblets for all targets.

See also:

Native Libraries for Java Dogelog - 2023
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1709615198707864027