From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 13:01:52 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:01 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new edition
of the Dogelog player:

- library(react):
The library(markup) library was rewritten
and some new predicates were added. All
predicates related to DOM events are now
available in a new library library(react).
Both libraries also include conveniences for SVG.

- library(json):
The library(json) library, previously
rolled out for Jekejeke Prolog, is also
available for Dogelog Player. The library
has now been extended slightly, so there
is a predicate to convert JSON terms between
atoms, and predicates to address JSON
terms which are objects.

- GNU Prolog Stub:
Libraries like library(json) can also be
used from GNU Prolog if ensure_loaded/1 is
replaced with include/1. GNU Prolog results
have been added to the benchmark and
compliance testing suites. Perhaps it will
soon be possible to compile Dogelog Player
with GNU Prolog.

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 18.06.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)

<u87a9i$284c6$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18178&group=comp.lang.javascript#18178

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mostowski Collapse)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 23:04:49 +0200
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 21:04 UTC

In this article we provide a sequel to our automated
first order theorem proover. The initial version
was only based on the implicational fragment of
first order logic. We changed the prover to also support
conjunction.

The result is a new prover again written in Dogelog
Player, a Prolog system for the JavaScript and Python
platform. For the JavaScript platform, the prover can
be run in the browser completely client side.

The exact same conjunction rules can be also added
to intuitionistic logic. Here in classical logic
conjunction is rather redundant, since we have the
dual ¬(A ∧ B) = (A ⊃ ¬B). If we would further add
disjunction, we would end in bi-cartesian logic.

See also:

Cartesian Logic in Dogelog Player
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1677059262734901254

Cartesian Logic in Dogelog Player
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mild Shock wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are happy to announce a new edition
> of the Dogelog player:
>
> - library(react):
>    The library(markup) library was rewritten
> and some new predicates were added. All
> predicates related to DOM events are now
> available in a new library library(react).
> Both libraries also include conveniences for SVG.
>
> - library(json):
>   The library(json) library, previously
> rolled out for Jekejeke Prolog, is also
> available for Dogelog Player. The library
> has now been extended slightly, so there
> is a predicate to convert JSON terms between
> atoms, and predicates to address JSON
> terms which are objects.
>
> - GNU Prolog Stub:
>   Libraries like library(json) can also be
> used from GNU Prolog if ensure_loaded/1 is
> replaced with include/1. GNU Prolog results
> have been added to the benchmark and
> compliance testing suites. Perhaps it will
> soon be possible to compile Dogelog Player
> with GNU Prolog.
>
> Have Fun!
> Jan Burse, 18.06.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)

<19ed63f4-e1da-48f9-90fc-22cb9bed8319n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18198&group=comp.lang.javascript#18198

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 08:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 15:47 UTC

We are currently investigating cartesian logic. To
reduce the complexity of our endeavour we explored
embedded implication as a means to provide a logic
framework. We can show natural deduction and gentzen
style proof search, as well as fitch proof rendering.

We use a proof renderer that is based the rule/2 clauses
for natural deduction and not by the right/2 and left/4
clauses for Gentzen style. Toying with our ~(A->B) = (A/\~B)
example, we find that Gentzen style, although still non-
deterministic, is 25-times faster than natural deduction.

See also:

Embedded Implication as a Logic Framework
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1681326945701593088

Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Donnerstag, 6. Juli 2023 um 23:04:58 UTC+2:
> In this article we provide a sequel to our automated
> first order theorem proover. The initial version
> was only based on the implicational fragment of
> first order logic. We changed the prover to also support
> conjunction.
>
> The result is a new prover again written in Dogelog
> Player, a Prolog system for the JavaScript and Python
> platform. For the JavaScript platform, the prover can
> be run in the browser completely client side.
>
> The exact same conjunction rules can be also added
> to intuitionistic logic. Here in classical logic
> conjunction is rather redundant, since we have the
> dual ¬(A ∧ B) = (A ⊃ ¬B). If we would further add
> disjunction, we would end in bi-cartesian logic.
>
> See also:
>
> Cartesian Logic in Dogelog Player
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1677059262734901254
>
> Cartesian Logic in Dogelog Player
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
> Mild Shock wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > We are happy to announce a new edition
> > of the Dogelog player:
> >
> > - library(react):
> > The library(markup) library was rewritten
> > and some new predicates were added. All
> > predicates related to DOM events are now
> > available in a new library library(react).
> > Both libraries also include conveniences for SVG.
> >
> > - library(json):
> > The library(json) library, previously
> > rolled out for Jekejeke Prolog, is also
> > available for Dogelog Player. The library
> > has now been extended slightly, so there
> > is a predicate to convert JSON terms between
> > atoms, and predicates to address JSON
> > terms which are objects.
> >
> > - GNU Prolog Stub:
> > Libraries like library(json) can also be
> > used from GNU Prolog if ensure_loaded/1 is
> > replaced with include/1. GNU Prolog results
> > have been added to the benchmark and
> > compliance testing suites. Perhaps it will
> > soon be possible to compile Dogelog Player
> > with GNU Prolog.
> >
> > Have Fun!
> > Jan Burse, 18.06.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)

<u9ase8$3ce7$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18199&group=comp.lang.javascript#18199

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 10:49:12 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 08:49 UTC

Now that we have a logic framework for propositional
logics, we use it to explore genuine negation in
cartesian logic. So far we use ~A = A -> f as an
abbrevation, so ~A was replaced before starting
the proof search. Now we present a cartesian logic
that has genuinly formulas of the form ~A.

We use a notation change idea burried in Johansson
Ingebrigts Minimal Logic Paper from 1937. Further
the logic framework was extended by a generic
usage analysis. Our ~(A=>B) = A/\~B duality
investigation could be replicated with the
new genuine negation.

See also:

Genuine Negation in Cartesian Logic
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1681701492435058695

Mild Shock schrieb:

> We are currently investigating cartesian logic. To
> reduce the complexity of our endeavour we explored
> embedded implication as a means to provide a logic
> framework. We can show natural deduction and gentzen
> style proof search, as well as fitch proof rendering.
>
> We use a proof renderer that is based the rule/2 clauses
> for natural deduction and not by the right/2 and left/4
> clauses for Gentzen style. Toying with our ~(A->B) = (A/\~B)
> example, we find that Gentzen style, although still non-
> deterministic, is 25-times faster than natural deduction.
>
> See also:
>
> Embedded Implication as a Logic Framework
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1681326945701593088
>
> Embedded Implication as a Logic Framework
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)

<a511e068-f963-41b8-b224-2860603da942n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18200&group=comp.lang.javascript#18200

Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 08:03:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 15:03 UTC

We recently introduce a Prolog logic framework based on
extended Clauses that provide embedded implication. We
could also demonstrate minimal and classical cartesian
logic with it. As a GUI improvement, you have to put down
your rose coloured glasses to see the proof terms.

When desired we can now let the logic framework
show proof terms in color red besides the types in
color blue. A classical proof is seen in that the Felleisen
C operator appears. As an exercise we investigate a
claim by Ingebrigt Johansson that falsum is dispensable.

See also:

Wadler Glasses for Mathematical Logic
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1682756064020758530

Mild Shock schrieb am Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2023 um 10:49:21 UTC+2:
> Now that we have a logic framework for propositional
> logics, we use it to explore genuine negation in
> cartesian logic. So far we use ~A = A -> f as an
> abbrevation, so ~A was replaced before starting
> the proof search. Now we present a cartesian logic
> that has genuinly formulas of the form ~A.
>
> We use a notation change idea burried in Johansson
> Ingebrigts Minimal Logic Paper from 1937. Further
> the logic framework was extended by a generic
> usage analysis. Our ~(A=>B) = A/\~B duality
> investigation could be replicated with the
> new genuine negation.
>
> See also:
>
> Genuine Negation in Cartesian Logic
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1681701492435058695
>
> Genuine Negation in Cartesian Logic
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
> >
> > We are currently investigating cartesian logic. To
> > reduce the complexity of our endeavour we explored
> > embedded implication as a means to provide a logic
> > framework. We can show natural deduction and gentzen
> > style proof search, as well as fitch proof rendering.
> >
> > We use a proof renderer that is based the rule/2 clauses
> > for natural deduction and not by the right/2 and left/4
> > clauses for Gentzen style. Toying with our ~(A->B) = (A/\~B)
> > example, we find that Gentzen style, although still non-
> > deterministic, is 25-times faster than natural deduction.
> >
> > See also:
> >
> > Embedded Implication as a Logic Framework
> > https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1681326945701593088
> >
> > Embedded Implication as a Logic Framework
> > https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.6 (GNU Prolog Stub)

<u9u5nj$da9s$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=18201&group=comp.lang.javascript#18201

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 18:24:21 +0200
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 16:24 UTC

Dogelog Player is a Prolog system that
targets the JavaScript and the Python
platform. We extended the core system
by a machanism for multilingual strings.
As a use case we show a first take on
the internationalization of the Dogelog
Player error messages.

Instead of a spider web of DCG calls we
went for a flat structure that only
retrieves strings. To allow localization
we gave Dogelog Player the Prolog flag
sys_locale. We could already execute a
proof of concept and plan to make it the
infrastructure of formerly Jekejeke
Prolog as well.

See also:

Multilingual Strings in Dogelog Player